TotallyOz

Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand

Hi there!

Guys, I should warn you: Siamroads already started to answer to clients "Unfortunately all guides are booked already at that day" on bookings at November and October. Please don't delay your bookings too much if you have plans to have tours with Siamroads. Best chances to book have clients who book tours at high season in 60-90 days in advance.

One more review:

Thank you for connecting us with Mac. He is professional, knowledgeable and creative as well as passionate about his guests and making sure they have an enjoyable tour.

We wish we had been able to book more days with Mac. We had seen enough Temples in our 3 weeks of touring Asia and asked him for a “day as a local.”  This included haircuts at a local barber and getting our ears washed - sounds odd but you will be happy you tried it! He taught us the ins and outs of the BTS and locals boat bus as well as how to avoid getting scammed by Tuk Tuk drivers and making sure we were in metered cabs.

We ate street foods he selected and taught us about and we never got sick but tasted things we never had before. We shopped where there were no Western people and ate duck at a Bangkok locals version of Panda Express.

We had a blast getting away from the tourist traps. Mac asked us great questions to figure out what we were interested in and then tailored our day based on our wishes.

He did a great job and we recommend him highly!

John Wilson and PJ Conte

Hi there!

Guys, I should warn you: Siamroads already started to answer to clients "Unfortunately all guides are booked already at that day" on bookings at November and October. Please don't delay your bookings too much if you have plans to have tours with Siamroads. Best chances to book have clients who book tours at high season in 60-90 days in advance.

I unfortunately found this during my September trip , I wish I had booked ahead.

Im also glad you now have a guide in Phomn Penh,I was last there in August 2016 and no guide available, I even rang your office in Thailand and they said at that time there was not many wanting a guide in PP and had none available.

I bet now with the popularity of Cambodia he should start getting a lot of business.

For my next trip to the Phillipines I will book your guide well ahead of arriving

Thankyou for providing such a wonderful service !

One more review on Siamroads job. Mac (Bangkok)

Hello at Siam Roads,

I took a day tour with Mac on Sunday, Dec. 2. Now I have time to write to you briefly just to tell you how much I liked the tour and how helpful Mac was on my first day in Bangkok. Thanks to him I have seen a lot that I would otherwise have missed, and I liked his calm and professional manner and his friendlyness a lot. It was a good experience. Thank you!

Reiner

Mac's profile, photos and booking are here: https://siamroads.com/mac/

We got 2 reviews of service. First:

On Saturday (08.12.2018), Mac and I have agreed and made a day tour in Bangkok. After I am back in Germany and overcame my cold (aircon on the plane), I would like to thank Mac in this way for the interesting tour. Due to the traffic in Bangkok, he arrived a bit late in my hotel. I liked his calm and professional manner. He showed and described a lot about the details of the Grand Palace. His friendliness is genuine and humble he is invitations to dinner or coffee, but that was not important to me. I had a nice day with him. Many Thanks!

Ludwig W. (Augsburg - Germany)

Mac's profile: https://siamroads.com/mac/

and second:

During my stay in Chiang Mai, I hired WOODY as a chauffeur for four days in a row (11th to 14th of December, 2018). He is a very good and safe driver. If traffic permits, he drives very fast, but anticipatory, so that braking maneuvers are avoided. I am not a good passenger in general, but at Woody I enjoyed driving by myself.

He is not a man of many words. Nevertheless, he is communicative in his own way, always in a good mood and very friendly. Also at dinner invitations he paid attention to my wishes and has chosen good places for lunch or dinner and advised me in the choice of thaifood.
He showed me three waterfalls and was very proud to show me tree ferns on the Doi Inthanon. 

On our trip to Chiang Rai he drove me, as a surprise for me, to the Blue Temple. This new temple complex in blue and gold does not even know wikipedia. Also on the Mekong (speed boat drive) by the Golden Triangle, Woody showed his enthusiasm and prudence.

His final statement was honest and reliable. Of course he was especially happy about my generous tip. He deserved it too.

I can recommend Woody as a very reliable and friendly companion and driver. I would love to get Woody back on my next visit to Chiang Mai in late 2019.

Thanks to Woody and Siam Roads for mediation.

Greetings Ludwig W. (Augsburg / Germany)

Woody's profile: https://siamroads.com/woody-chiang-mai/

I think it is worth mentioning that when my friend, a middle aged straight lady visiting from the UK, was in Bangkok in November she hired Mac as a tour guide and was very complementary about the tour he arranged and found him to be a charming (old fashioned word but she used it) and informative companion.

She is a very busy lady back in the UK so probably hasn't had time to post a review but it is worth bearing in mind if any forum members have straight friends visiting that the guides (certainly Mac) provide a good service beyond the gay community

One more review on Siamroads's service:

Mac is the BEST tour guide! 

Before my trip to Bangkok, Mac and I conversed via WhatsApp and created a list of things I wanted to do in the three days I had him as a guide.  He was always very timely, positive, and outgoing in our correspondence. 

When I arrived to Bangkok, the day before I was going to meet Mac, he messaged me to check that I had arrived safely!

On day one, Mac met me at the hotel with a large bottle of water for me in anticipation of the hot day.  We went to a couple of malls for some shopping and tried some traditional Thai food.  Finally, we visited the Jim Thompson House and I learned about the man who introduced Thai silk to the world. Even though there was a group guide, Mac went with me and expanded on what the guide said and answered all of my questions.  He remained both quiet and respectful when speaking to me during the group tour.  He took pictures for me during and after the tour.

Day two, we visited the Grand Palace, House of the Reclining Buddha, and Wat Arun.  We also visited several shops so I could purchase souvenirs for friends and family.   While navigating the city, Mac took into consideration both time and my budget.  Depending on the time of the day and traffic we’d take a taxi, the train (BTS), and/or boat.   Mac was so polite with those who assisted us with transportation.  He also took me to a little cafe for lunch with a sweet elderly woman who was the cook.  His interaction with her showed me just what a thoughtful and kind person Mac truly is!

On Day 3, we took a river boat, saw the Bangkok skyline, finished up my shopping, went to lunch, and went to Caturday Cate Cafe.  In anticipation of the rain, Mac changed up the order of things and it worked out perfectly.  The rainy part of the day was when we were inside.  Making adjustments last minute to accommodate staying out of the rain, while ensuring I was able to still experience everything I wanted, is just another reason why Mac is fantastic as a tour guide.

I have MS, which causes me to become sick if I get too hot for too long.  I was diagnosed after booking and planning my trip to Thailand.  Mac checked on me the entire trip and ensured I was sitting in the shade, near a fan, and had water.  He also made sure we had plenty of activities inside where it was air conditioned.  The level of concern that Mac showed me and the way he personalized everything really impressed me!  Thanks to Mac, my disease became a non issue and I was able to thoroughly enjoy my time in Thailand.

Thanks for everything, Mac! 

-Vince

Mac's profile is here: https://siamroads.com/mac/

First review on Mike's service:

Mike's so much different than other guides I've experienced. He made sure the whole day was completely tailored to suit me. Showed me Bangkok from a local's point of view, helped me get great deals on clothing, creams, nipple piercings etc, and made me feel like I was spending the day with a mate rather than a tour guide.

Mike's profile https://siamroads.com/mike-guide-bangkok-thailand/

Review on Best's work. Best is guide in Pattaya. His profile is here: https://siamroads.com/best-pattaya/

I was contacted by Best shortly after booking on siamroads website. Best was eager to find out what I would like to see and do. I really wasn't sure so he suggested several options for me.

I was in Pattaya for several days before the tour and Best kept checking on me to make sure I was ok. This was so nice because this was my 1st time in Thailand.  During the tour he was very helpful, dealing with any arrangements with taxi, food and pretty much everything. Best is very professional and polite. A real pleasure to be with. Explained so much to me about culture and gay life in Thailand, which is exactly what I wanted. Always looking out for my safety especially walking around the crazy traffic. Even after the tour he kept in contact to make sure I got where I wanted to go when I was leaving Pattaya.

I highly recommend Best for tour guide.  Thank you Best for such a memorable trip, I will never forget.

Michael

best-pattaya-17-circle.jpg

Please welcome the first guide and companion from Siamroads.com on Phuket island - Tie

Tie is 23 yo, university student, major: management in hospitality and tourism.  Languages: English, Thai. Hobbies: gym and fitness, volleyball, swimming.

More photos and full profile are here: https://siamroads.com/phuket-guide-tie/

tie-guide-phuket-companion-21.jpg

tie-guide-phuket-companion-14.jpg

tie-guide-phuket-companion-12.jpg

4 hours ago, Moses said:

Please welcome the first guide and companion from Siamroads.com on Phuket island - Tie

Tie is 23 yo, university student, major: management in hospitality and tourism.  Languages: English, Thai. Hobbies: gym and fitness, volleyball, swimming.

More photos and full profile are here: https://siamroads.com/phuket-guide-tie/

Thanks! He looks great, I have just one comment about his pictures: one or two where he smiles would be nice, a smile is always  more alluring than a serious look. I'm sure he has a beautiful smile, too!