TotallyOz

Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand

I was reading another thread today when I saw Moses signature.  It had a link to one of his sites for gay tour guides and companions to show others around. 

I think this is excellent and something that is really needed.  When I travel to Brazil, I always try to find a guide that is gay that can interpret for me.  Being in Thailand so much, it is easy for me and I don't need this service. But, if I had found the site on my first few trips, I'd have been happy to spend 30 USD on a good English speaking guide.

For those that have not seen the site, it is:

http://siamroads.com

I had Yaya on that site as a guide for my first trip to Thailand, though I booked him through bkktour.info. Very knowledgable tour guide about locations, travel, history, as well as the gay scene. Was very handy having a guide for just a couple of days both to see the sites and to show me the best and cheapest transport across Bangkok. As it was my first trip, I'd planned to do some tours to see the sites, but it worked out cheaper to hire a guide for a couple of days than doing any organised tours.

Hello Michael,

This is a great idea.

I truly wish that this site could be organized in such a way to have an area for trip reports and another area for gay tour guides.

I just posted the lastest addition to my Chiang Mai - Sukhothai - Kanchanaburi trip report and for 7 days 6 nights where I used the services of Woody and his partner Non, as my personal gay guides and also personal masseurs.

I will upload their contact details so that the members can use their services for when they go to visit Chiang Mai and its environs.

Thanks,

M.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9986-july-2015-trip-report-chiang-mai-sukhothai-kanchanaburi-and-pattaya/

post-13906-0-37800300-1437938606_thumb.jpg

post-13906-0-11005500-1437938695_thumb.jpg

In the days of the internet, google maps and all the rest of it I neither need nor want a tour guide.

Google maps makes navigation very easy.  The internet makes it quite easy to arrive in a new city and find the correct service bus from the airport right into the centre of town.  Or to check the going rate for Tuk Tuks etc.

Of course, if going somewhere with not much of a gay scene, a combined masseur/companion/guide could be a very good idea. Finding one is the difficult part.  I'm not sure how many of them do that ?

Anyhow, thank you for posting all the links -not just the guides, the taxi services etc could be very useful.

While I don't need a guide for Thailand at all and find my way around in neighboring countries alone (back at the tourist stage: don't speak the language and don't know my way around), this is a great service for people who like security or company or for who convenience is more important than saving money (e.g. the Bangkok gay sauna tour http://bkktour.info/index.php/bangkok-gay-sauna/ for 700 Baht - for the tour, not including entry to saunas - can be easily done by oneself, but you would have to read the internet for hours and make a plan and figure out how to get there and need to know when which sauna is busy).

Like Christian I like to find my own way when travel but at times  guide services are indispensable either to point to things easily overlooked, to open door which are always locked and to smooth logistic problems of getting there and back.

Everybody looks at Sathorn Unique shell from Saphan Taksin platform but very few realize that knowing somebody who knows the way one can actually climb to the very top and even get bitten by wasps on his way 

Not any more (climbing to the top of Sathorn Unique). After the apparent suicide of a tourist earlier this year, it's all closed and locked (and I mean ChristianPFC-proof closed and locked, I had a look recently).

"Apparent" because it took me two years and four attempts to get in. And who would make the effort to climb to 47th (?) floor to hang himself?

Not any more (climbing to the top of Sathorn Unique). After the apparent suicide of a tourist earlier this year, it's all closed and locked (and I mean ChristianPFC-proof closed and locked, I had a look recently).

"Apparent" because it took me two years and four attempts to get in. And who would make the effort to climb to 47th (?) floor to hang himself?

Swedish tourist who hanged himself there  in December, not sure on what floor though. 

I just came back from Bangkok and Pattaya November 10th to 21st (then Singapore and Hong Kong Nov 21 to 27, but not the point here!) and took a lot of information from this site in preparation of the trip. Thank you all for the information.

Thank you Moses for the help given to set-up the site http://bkktour.info.

I booked the Royal Palace / Wat Pho / Emerald Budda / Wat Arun visit via the site and got a confirmation right away from Ya. He could not make it himself but got us Gusz as his replacement. We communicated easily through Line and got it all worked out.

On the day Gusz was there on time and got us around easily. A bit shy but his English is good and we got good information.

We added the Jim Thompson house but you can do without even if it is fun to drive to the boat in a Tuk-tuk and then on the boat on the canal to go there! The additional cost for entrance ( 150 bath, inclusive of the guide as they have to pay whereas Thai do not pay at the Palace, etc.) is not necessarily worth it even if not budget breaker.

Ya got us to book the floating market (he is a good seller!) and he brought us to Amphawa, a less touristy market. We went by car (Toyota Camry) and got a great tour. Ya is volubile (to say the least!) and got all kind of information both on Thai life and history but quite a lot of information on gay life too. He is good negotiator (got us the boat for 400 THB instead of 600 THB!) and got us to try food of all kind.

We just enjoyed the fact that they were private tours and not crowded on a bus all day long! Really worth the money.

I do recommend to any who want to go around Bangkok to reach out to them. They can also help around Pattaya.

Other information learnt on this site is for Limo Pattaya. Also worth the cost for good service at airport and going from Bangkok to Pattaya and back to airport. Good service, on time, and good vehicles. But will post on the other thread! www.thelimopattaya.com

Thank you for the bars, clubs, massage informations, even if the newbie did not follow all of them tips !!!...but that is something else!! We all have to learn!!

Guest ranzville

I really dreamed that someday I will go in Thailand. where I will explore the hidden beauty of which Thailand's possessed. I will find my true LOVE in there. It is because since I was a child, I do really LIKE THAI People and its in my wishlists to have my WHOLE-LIFETIME PARTNER that be found in Thailand. But Unfortunately due to its too far from my place and I am still studying where my dream turned into "IMPOSSIBLE".

But i will not stick for my situation. I'll do anything just to have my dreamed come true and I know that would be my FATE tried to happen.

Guest Tomas1576

I have sent two messages to bkktour.info through their contact page on the homepage, asking for a sightseeing next week. No respons at all. Does anyone have the same bad experience lately? Do they have another contact address as well?

Hi Tomas, thank you for your info: I just checked mailbox and found your second (from Dec 15) email in spam folder. First one never been received in mailbox of bkktours. Have no idea why it has been filtered by google to spam folder, but it is one only email which been filtered by google for past few years :) I'm sorry for this, for future I switched off spam-filter.

Your email has been forwarded to Yaya and Yaya confirms it has been received,  He will answer shortly.

Sorry for my poor english. Whish you all the best at time of your visit to Thailand :)

PS oh, I forgot to answer other 2 questions:

- usually boys answer in 4-12 hours (depends on time zone difference)

- another way to contact besides phones are: old website http://bkk-tours.com/contacts.php just tested and it works well also and new website http://siamroads.com/contact-us/ + live chat at new website when someone of boys has time to watch chat and answer online.

I would like to add my endorsement of Ya - I used him earlier this year for a day tour of Bangkok - contacted him via email - Ya provided a tour that met my needs - lot of local places not overrun by other tourists - liked the historical element and the markets we visited.  Ya is friendly and informative.

In the north I cannot speak too highly of Woody and Non - they will tailor a trip to suit your needs. Punctual, polite, handsome and friendly and a lovely new vehicle. I enjoyed bbkmfj's road trip report with W and N and understand he was impressed as well.

I like to wander around by myself as well and discover but occasionally I enjoy using the services of local guide to visit the out of the way places, gain an understanding of local culture and meet handsome and interesting men.

Guest Tomas1576

Thanks for the help to get in touch with Yaya. We are in email contact now and planning a day of sightseeing. When I go to Chiangmai Mai next time, I will certainly contact Woody and Non, after reading all the positive feedback. I understand they give massage as well. Not sure the guys in Bangkok offer this.