TotallyOz

Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand

As almost everywhere in South-East Asia March is start of the hot season. Best time is December - February: cool weather. 

Sareth is official guide, with license from govt, he pass exams in history and language, and do tests every year at time of renew of license, he has guiding experience over 5 years.

You can discuss your travels plans with him and your travel will be 100% tailored up to your wishes. It is personal private service: no templates, no standard program, no groups.

On the picture: Sareth in official uniform of guides in Angkor wat

attachicon.gifsareth9-circle.jpg

If I wanted to visit Angkor Wat in the evening as opposed to the morning, can anyone recommend what sort of time would be preferable to start / finish the tour (I'd prefer to avoid being out in the sun too much if possible, plus I'm not a morning person!)? I'll be visiting for about five days in November (and yes, I'll be seeing if Sareth is available for a couple of those days).

And does Sareth guide in Phnom Penh?

Yes, Sareth can guide you in PP. Price is $90/day + transport.

SR-PP routes:

- water, speed boat, 6-8 hours, possible only when water is high at Tonle Sap

- road: bus 6-8 hours, car 5-6 hours

- sky: flight 35 min

I have always found Bangkok Airways to be the best but they are expensive.

In June we flew Air Asia for the short flight BKK to Luang Prabang and they were fine with both flights on time and at a great price.

June 2015 we also flew Air Asia BKK to Bali, the flights were very early in the morning (just after 6am) which isn't the best time for me but again both out and return flights were on time and at a great price, particularly if you book during Air Asia's regular promotions.

Guess it is all down to how you want to spend your money.

My partner and I are happy with each others company (ok I like a massage when we are on holiday), I don't need the most expensive flight but I do like eating in good restaurants and will happily pay for good food (a real treat when you live out in the sticks)

Guest roguebear

What airline or airlines do you recommend to go from SR and PP and BKK?

Bangkok Air to and from Cambodia last December.  The first time unhappy with Bangkok Air due to very long delays and poor customer service.  Recommend Cambodia Angkor Air from SR to PP which was on time and hassle free. 

BKK/DMK to REP or PNH are at least 4 airlines to choose from, AirAsia, Thai, Bangkok Air, Cambodia Angkor Air.

REP to PNH vice versa is only Cambodia Angkor Air and Cambodia Bayon Airlines going non-stop, All other connections you would need to transfer outside of Cambodia and get a new Visa when re-entering. 

This thread becomes a mess: Thaialnd, Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma, few days ago I wrote message to Skooby with question about allowing to have few topics - one for each country. While I'm waiting for answer, short update:

new destination of siamroads.com - Bali, with new guide and companion Dani

Dani is 29 yo, languages: English, Indonesian, Russian, Chinese (basic). Hobbies: yoga and photography. Base area: Denpasar - Kuta - Seminyak, guiding at whole Bali. Dani has 7 years of experience in hospitality and tourism and 5 years of work in private yoga school.

Dani's profile and more photos you can find here: http://siamroads.com/dani-bali/

post-10479-0-47684600-1473180038_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-46217900-1473180058_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-29105800-1473180496_thumb.jpg

forget about train in Cambodia although train station in Phnom Penh is quite impressive building

This year passenger train service between PP and Sihanoukville was introduced (only Fri-Sat-Sun) after many years without passenger trains in Cambodia. There is railway connection from PP to Poipet and over to Aranyaprathet, but only freight or not trains at all.