TotallyOz

Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand

Guest eztiger

We've been under the guidance of Ya for the last few days and we've been very happy with him. He feels more like a friend now. He looks out for our best interest, he is emotionally mature and level, he covers general Thai culture as well as introduces us to the gay scene, recommends how much to tip the boys, and full of energy, but understands when we need down time. Seems to be very honest and I felt lucky to have such a helpful companion the first few days. 

Guest eztiger

eztiger, can I publish your report at siamroads.com?

Tried to just now but couldn't find where to do it. Should i just send it via the generic feedback form?

Just a quick note, I've been to Bangkok and Thailand a number of time, going back too many years to think about, so I won't.   I'll be returning in May for a week's visit.  Decided it was time to see more than just a neighborhood or two, so after reading this thread on the board, I contacted siamroads.com.  First email went awry, second got me a quick response from Ya.  He set up a chat on Messenger and quickly he and I were on the same wavelength.  Totally, reorganized my planning for the better.  Ya will not be in Thailand during my visit, but arranged for Guss to be my guide.  

I'm posting this because the level of service, attention to detail,  and Ya's ability to sense what I was interested in from the chat text and make suggestions was superb.

I'll update this after my visit.

Guest FatRichard

Id love to find one that sex was included.

Isn't it?  At least three of the guys advertised have shirtless pics showing off their sexy bodies - what has that got to do with tour guide services if "extras" weren't being offered?

Isn't it?  At least three of the guys advertised have shirtless pics showing off their sexy bodies - what has that got to do with tour guide services if "extras" weren't being offered?

Hmmmm. By such logic looks like if guy on the picture is playing piano, then sex on piano is promised? :)

At the picture of Ohh he is shirtless in the sea, at the picture of Yaya he is shirtless in the pool: guided tours to the sea shore and guided tours to gay saunas are possible.

http://bkktour.info/index.php/faq/  check 4th and 3d question and answer from bottom

http://siamroads.com/faq/ last question

found one/two FAQ items to be not accurate for practial purposes:

Gay tours:
Can I be nude in the gay sauna?

Public nudity is prohibited in Thailand by The Royal Law. In some gay saunas staff don’t mind if visitor is nude in the steam rooms and in the jacuzzi (under the roof, not on the terrace or in the garden).

Will you go naked for the gay sauna tour?

Public nudity is prohibited in Thailand by The Royal Law.

Well, the law may be the law, but that's just theory, but has nothing to do with practice as we all know from the existence of the thriving but officially illegal sex industry. As for the saunas, nobody cares if someone goes naked, and more to the point, many saunas have explicit "naked nights" or "naked areas" where being naked is actually required. 

My goodness. If I'd realised sunbathing by the pool with my shirt off mean't I was advertising sex services I'd have bought a one piece body costume years ago. And to think of having to use apps when I can just go to the beach or pool and pick any random person that's taken their shirt off.

Common, guys - why be so "surprised"? It's a website aimed to gay audience, so being a hot shirtless guy will sell guide services better than being a fully dressed old woman... So the question was quite reasonable. Not that I insist that "extras" should be provided or expected after the guiding - not at all.

But all the context is quite prompting for such the question - we are at gay forums about Thailand, just look at the two rows of pictures in the beginning of the forum page: are all these shirtless gentlemen sunbathing by the pool or they are advertising a kind of sex services? Or are we discussing _massage_ only in _massage_ shops or extras as well? :)

Guest whall

Isn't it? At least three of the guys advertised have shirtless pics showing off their sexy bodies - what has that got to do with tour guide services if "extras" weren't being offered?

Guest FossilGay

My goodness. If I'd realised sunbathing by the pool with my shirt off mean't I was advertising sex services I'd have bought a one piece body costume years ago.

I hope you bought one anyway!

Is Sophia naked or did she forget to iron her clothes?

Rose, The Golden Girls

Gentleman, 

our guide in Bangkok - Gus, just passed away in Bangkok hospital. At next 48 hours some of you who has his scheduled tours will receive emails from Ya with offer of substitution for days where it is possible (at days when guys have other vacant guides) or canceling (at days when all guides are busy). I'm sorry.

His FB page has notes from friends indicting it was a brain abscess and that he had been in the hospital for a short time.  Sorry to hear of his passing.  He had been scheduled to be my guide in May.  Ya contacted me with the news this morning.