anthogay38

Pattaya's and Bangkok's hotels

Hello everyone,

I am very sorry because my english is very bad^^.

I will go in Thailand for the first time in a few months and I would like to have some advices to organize my trip. I am going to Thailand for the gay sex tourism so I thought to go one week in Pattaya and one week in bankok.

First, I am wondering if I must rent an hotel room in advance or if there are always available rooms so I don't need to rent à room in advance ?

Next, I would like an hôtel room near the gay quarter of Pattaya and Bankok and I will be very happy if you tell me some advices about good hotels to have crazy night.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Anthogay

You do not mention when exactly you are visiting. The availability of rooms varies greatly according to the season. From December to March is high season when the weather is a little cooler and there is not much rain. There are far more visitors from Europe, North America and Russia so hotel prices are higher and availability of rooms is lower during this period, particularly around Christmas/New Year. Hence I would make a reservation if arriving December to March certainly for the first few days, as you would not want to be wandering about looking for a room after a long journey.

There are other times when things are busier such as during the Chinese New Year, but during April to November you would not be risking not finding accommodation. However if you want to stay at a specific hotel it would be wise to reserve.

I don't know about crazy night but in Pattaya the gay friendly hotels are concentrated in (a) Boystown - I stay at the Ambience (b) Sunee Plaza © jomtien. You can find a lot of references to hotels on this site and also in for example trip adviser.

I am not an expert as regards Bangkok, but I stay at the Tantawan which is gay friendly but a little expensive. At a lower price is the Malaysia.

What's your budget for a hotel room?

The cheapest in Pattaya are around 6~700, but the quality is not very good.

You get something better just above 1000 and by 1500 it can be quite nice.

In Pattaya you have three hotels right in the Boyztown, all should fit in your budget -Ambiance , Le Cafe Royale and Copa.

I Bangkok BBB Inn is in the same block infamous soi Twilight is,  You may check Agoda for deals on Raya - upscale place but often they have rooms at 1500, again in the same block. Across the street is   Suriwongse Hotel, far from being upscale but good enough. If you want to be closer to Tawan and soi 6 -Nantra Silom and Glitz are your options as well as more expensive Tarntawan. Om Yim is a budget option short walk from there.

Malaysia Hotel is very good value but a bit further away  so you need to factor cost  of  taxi or MRT / subway, metro , tube/  + motorsai taxi / 40-60 baht one way  from soi Twilight -main gay area, past midnight it may be as much as 100-150 if taxi driver will smell newbie to the BKK

Bad experience at BBB Inn before, bedbugs... I know can happen anywhere, but a respectable hotel will deal with it, not deny it, which is what they did. I was only going to be a few more days on that trip so I went to Tarntawan, is a great hotel, great staff, good food. But too costly for me on long trips.

I've been staying at Sanctuary House Apartments down the road from Ibis & Malaysia .... VERY happy here, Kitchen, A/c, Cable, WiFi, private... and on the roof is a patio to go to if you want to sit on the roof and have a drink or entertain someone...also has a washing machine you can use on the roof and hang the laundry out, dries in a couple of hours in the Bangkok sun.

www.sanctuaryhousebkk.com

For Pattaya, I've always stayed at Ambiance, never been disappointed... here now just for a couple of days, Hotels.com had it for $29usd a night. I did notice an increase in the coffee shop food price than I remember though.