williewillie

Ignore feature

I erred in bring up this issue of how to ignore other members on a thread about Blue House. Mea culpa.

I've tried to put firecat69 on 'ignore' but I get a message back stating 'you cannot ignore that member'.

I referrenced another member whom I successfully put on ignore but some felt that was a nasty

thing to post. My purpose was to show I know how to do it.

As the subject of repeated attacks, I want to put the offending poster on ignore but cannot.

I understand not be able to ignore the forum owner and moderators but why should a non-owner

be exempt from being ignored.

It's several days since I asked for assistance but in the wrong place. This forum is appropriate.

How can I put my persistant and obsessed stalker on IGNORE?

I understand not be able to ignore the forum owner and moderators but why should a non-owner

be exempt from being ignored.

How would you even know that any particular member is NOT an owner or moderator? Any account can have more privileges than regular users can see. Just because it doesn't say "Admin" or "Moderator" in the profile doesn't mean anything.

Guest ronnie4you

I don't have anyone on the ignore feature. I like to read what everyone says, and while some say stuff or carry on in a manner I don't care for, it would be hard for them to get on my ignore list. Overall, this is a great place to post and a kind community.

Thanks to all who keep it that way, especially Scooby.

Several of the people on my ignore list have subsequently been banned.

More are likely to go that way. In the meantime, using the ignore feature is more productive than wasting time with trolls.

I learned about the "ignore" function when firecat69, in an act of desperation when his one-upmanship on me failed, told me that he was putting me in ignore.  Since then, I have wondered about this function...

As an adult with reason and free will, I can put on "ignore" anyone on a forum I have reasons to ignore.  No software function needed.  By disregarding (ignoring) many nasty snide posts who eventually come my way, I simply don't respond.  What better "ignore" than that?

The "ignore" function on site is not a real ignore.  How can one ignore that what one doesn't know about?  If certain posts don't reach you, how can you ignore them?   That is more a "cope-out" or "stick-head-in-sand-like-ostrich" function.

I am perfectly served by my personal "ignore".  This is an act of will, not a software function, and I even feel satisfaction to decide to ignore some stupid post that I don't think warrants an answer.

Guest ronnie4you

I couldn't possibly ignore firecat. Steveboy, well, yes, but then I would have someone on my ignore list and why bother to do that? Others will still quote him and talk about him, so I'd be reading him anyway. And, frankly, most days I am just fine with steveboy.

I don't have anybody on ignore , just not responding to annoying posts is good substitute.

As for banning members I'm not fan of that and think better thing would be just removing offending posts but l understand that it was too time consuming for moderators.  Temporary suspension should be enough to cool hotheads.

By the way where's firecat? Can't imagine he was banned, did I missed something? Perhaps he put all of us of his own big ignore? 

Hope he is doing well wherever he is.

By the way where's firecat? Can't imagine he was banned, did I missed something? Perhaps he put all of us of his own big ignore? 

Hope he is doing well wherever he is.

Indeed, he hasn't posted for an unusually long time...