musgrave

Reflections on recent trip to Thailand

His command of English and my command of Thai language were comparably dismal - but his name (I think) was something like Kim, Kheem or Kun???? doesn't help I know but his name was fartherest from my mind at the time!!!

Yes that's it the Black Bean - one of the young men told me that they had only had 20 customers in the last month - another mixed club  "Meeting" was closing down the weekend I was there.  The Eco Inn has been really well renovated - modern look about the rooms, big comfortable beds.  Just across from the Black Bean there was a husband and wife Issan food stall - great food, Issan spicy!!!

I spent four days in Ubon two years ago. I never went inside Black Beans karaoke, just chatted outside with the manager and staff. I picked a guy on each of my two visits to the outside of the bar and they took me back to my hotel room on their motorcycles. 1000 baht tip each time and excellent attitude and performance on both nights. Ubon is quiet but there were guys available and some unusual temples to visit.

I travelled to Thailand in late November and December spending a week in Bangkok, a week in Chiang Mai and several days in Ubon.

Thanks for the updates, especially Chiang Mai. Very few Chiang Mai trip reports across all the gay forums nowadays. The first 6-7 years I visited Thailand 4 times per year and visited either Chiang Mai or Phuket virtually every trip and liked Chiang Mai because it was that bit different to Bkk/Pattaya experiences. I am comfortable at Thai karaokes and enjoy the fun there, and so they were the main places I hooked up when in Chiang Mai. Always stayed at P.J's Place Guesthouse after I discovered it.