TotallyOz

2 months in Shanghai

On 1/14/2019 at 5:33 AM, spoon said:

Another thing that is unique in china is the karaoke places that have working boys serving customers there.

On the tumblr sites that are now banned, there were some vdos of Chinese KTV karaoke joints where the boys were not just serving. They were totally naked for most of the evenings and got up to some quite naughty things!  They were far raunchier that almost any gogo bar in Thailand. I asked some Shanghai friends about these. They told me there are maybe 3 in Shanghai but they are located in the suburbs and westerners would not be encouraged to visit them. Apparently they are also to be found in quite a number of other Chinese cities.

If anyone is interested and has loads of time on their hands, an overseas Chinese studying at a University in the Netherlands wrote a long thesis on these bars. This includes interviews with the boys, the mamasans and the owners. The title of the thesis is "Space, Sexuality and Power: Producing a Gay KTV in China" and it was written in the summer of 2016.The website is

http://edepot.wur.nl/403488

If only for the interviews, it makes interesting reading. Here is one quote from a foreman (mamasan) which shows that the way they are able to operate is similar to Thailand.

Foreman NF:“Let’s say we are now inspected by the police; we have to know how to deal with it. For example, Xiaodis [the bar boys] can be naked, and we can say people are having fun; it does not matter since people in the room are all men, that does not count as a crime of obscenity. And we try to prevent anal sex in the room, otherwise it is a crime of group licentiousness. Beside, as a foreman, I do not get involve with customers’ taking Xiaodi out; it only happens on their voluntary willingness. I do not get commissions from this, so it is not a crime of organizational prostitution.” 

8 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

On the tumblr sites that are now banned, there were some vdos of Chinese KTV karaoke joints where the boys were not just serving. They were totally naked for most of the evenings and got up to some quite naughty things!  They were far raunchier that almost any gogo bar in Thailand. I asked some Shanghai friends about these. They told me there are maybe 3 in Shanghai but they are located in the suburbs and westerners would not be encouraged to visit them. Apparently they are also to be found in quite a number of other Chinese cities.

Yes, i heard the same thing and have seen the videos too. You really need some local contact to go there as the police there are trying to clean these places up as they are not entirely legal. Beijing and shenzen are some cities that have these too.

9 minutes ago, spoon said:

Beijing and shenzen are some cities that have these too.

Apparently it is not so common to see them in Shenzen. Most people that go there come from Hong Kong and as customers the writer says they can be quite difficult!! But the KTV places can be found in major cities in the hinterland like Chengdu, Chongqing and Hefei. 

1 minute ago, PeterRS said:

Apparently it is not so common to see them in Shenzen. Most people that go there come from Hong Kong and as customers the writer says they can be quite difficult!! But the KTV places can be found in major cities in the hinterland like Chengdu, Chongqing and Hefei. 

Based on videos i see, guys were mostly twink type.

The vdos and photos seem to have been posted over a period of about 6 or more months. From those I saw, definitely not all were twinks, although they were in the majority. What I did find was that as far as the vdos were concerned, all the boys seemed to be having a great deal of fun both with the customers and amongst themselves. The sort of fun that used to be common in the bars in Bangkok a few decades ago and which has all but disappeared now.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, spoon said:

Another thing that is unique in china is the karaoke places that have working boys serving customers there. And yes they have gay massage centers and male masseurs in straight place that will do sex as well.

I have seen some of these videos on the Internet, but never knew whee they were located as I am one of those who do not read Mandarin. Reminded me of some of the old clubs in Pattaya many years back. The ones in the videos were referred to a Toc Lon Clubs. For those intrigued, here are a few samples: (I did not take the videos!)

https://www.xvideos.com/video47361695/naked_chinese_boys_in_karaoke

https://www.xvideos.com/video31999975/thac_loan_club_gay_chinese_new

https://www.xvideos.com/video36362799/chinese_boys_in_club