Guest buckbee

Asia Guys Blog

Moses, email sent mate

Yes I dot it, your e-mail has been forwarded to Ya - chief of Siamroads operations in Bangkok, he will contact you soon. Also he has much more info about your questions since he personally made test-travel to Burma before let them to join Siamroads network.

Guest buckbee

Since I'm planning to go to Thailand, I was thinking of ducking across to Burma for a week. What I've worked out so far. Fly to Rangoon with Nok Air, meet up with Kuang the Companion there. Spend a day there, then travel with him to Bagan in the sleeper train and then the ferry tour to Mandalay for all the tours around that area. Any other suggestions?  

Guest buckbee

Awesome thanks CM, I've read excellent reports about Inle Lake, need to add that to the itinerary. Are there websites for the internal airlines or did you just book at the local airport? 

Buckbee - there are numerous airlines but many use really old aircraft and do not run to schedule. My first flight was with Yangon Airways - but the aged aircraft's interior was in appalling condition and the flight did not run to schedule. After that took next two flights with Mann Yadanarpon Airlines. Brand new aircraft, excellent crew and ran to schedule. You can book at www.airmyp.com. We stayed at Hupin Inle Khaung Daing Resort Hotel which is a bit remote but very peaceful. They have amazing floating cottages. About 20 were destroyed in a fire a couple of years ago and these have been rebuilt and are super luxurious - in November we were amongst first to stay in them and upgraded into the cottage once we had arrived at hotel.

A bit off topic..

Interesting to have a look at  Mann Yadanarpon Airlines website (www.airmyp.com). They have different prices for locals and foreigners. The one example I looked at the fair was double the 'locals' price.

Not sure if any other airlines do this. Kind of sucks really!!

I'd not worry what locals pay but if price we need to pay offers good value. Dual pricing for many services are not unknown in many poor countries  and foreigners price after all still offers substantial price advantage over what we pay at home.  

I had ideas of taking the train from Rangoon to Mandalay or Bagan, reading separate reports describing the ride as so bad that a carriage actually decoupled during the journey.   Leading to a 4 hour delay.

I'm not sure how much sleep you would get, but the whole journey sounds like it's rough and unpleasant.

So I flew into Mandalay by Air Asia & took a bus to Bagan.   Ragoon can wait for another year.

Guest buckbee

I cant believe my luck, I met a Thai guy last night in Australia, hes 40 the same age as me but only looks 30 and is hot!!! He was wearing gorgeous tight Levis showing off his generous bulge :p  We clicked instantly and I told him I was gay and he jabbed me in the ribs and he couldn't stop joking around with me. Hes gay, I felt it.... Hes got my number, hopefully hes coming around for a BBQ and lots more. I've already planned how to seduce him LOL If it happens, Ill have to write about this one     

Guest buckbee

3 new posts added to the blog 

The relaunched blog has been going over 6 months now. Are there any particular topics that you would like me to write about in regards to Gay Asia or any suggestions to make the blog better?