Guest abang1961

Turning 55 today

Well I am another that hopes you will return,

I have enjoyed your posting style, and the way you have felt able to share your personal pictures with us - I wish I could feel as secure in doing so.

I also like the honesty of your posts, your slowly advancing age (although younger than many of us and in much better shape) and your personal insecurities as you age - they are also ones shared by many of us even if we do not have the balls to admit it here on the forum.

You are probably now the most recognisable BM on this Forum so don't be surprised if, when in Pattaya, some complete strangers come up and say hello, if I am one of them then I will at least buy you a beer or two.

Take care and Happy Birthday Abang

I have never met you Abang but always hoped on one of my infrequent visits to Pattaya from up country I would see you sat in a bar and i would get the chance to have a beer and a natter.

Sorry to hear you are leaving us, it is a great shame as you do have an interesting perspective on life

Why don't you reconsider?

But take care and have a Happy Birthday - from an old farang

Happy birthday in +/- two weeks, then. :)  

I would hope this isn't a period of mourning you're entering due to hitting the milestone of 56 years of age, because that would be a waste of time, in my less than humble opinion. LOTS of life ahead, and any number of rewarding opportunities, too.

Enjoy your break - it'll be nice to see you back when you're ready.

Just about a fortnight to my 56th, it is time for me to bid you guys farewell.

Despite some issues with certain member, I have had a good time here.

I recognize myself in your "some issues with certain member".

I never had an issue with you, but you had or have an issue with me for unknown reasons which you don't care to reveal.  Your post #95 on this thread was the most insulting I have received in this forum. When I reported it to the moderator something must have happened because you wrote some story about your childhood in post #102 faulting your parents for your behavior. Being a kind person I replied to you in post #105 so you would't feel so bad.  You never acknowledged it, you never apologized, but stuck your head in the sand seemingly resentful for my observation.

I just read what you wrote to Alizizou in thread "Why do long time and not only short time?" post #69 blaming him for being condescending to old people, and again bashed him again in post #71. This was very hypocritical given the way you treated a senior like me with disrespect and insult. Maybe Alizizou didn't think it through when he wrote what could be socially incorrect, thinking that it was humorous, but this does not make him a bad person. You have little standing to criticize him and your posts must have contributed to the Moderator closing that thread.

When I was your age I was the head of a family with children, supporting many people with skillful work. In contrast, you criticize and complain while lazying around in beaches on long vacations. You portray yourself as 'cool' and want to entice with your pictures in a forum where we all have higher standards that can be seen in the thread "Some Model Photoshots". If you are not too old and have an exaggerated opinion of your external beauty this is perfectly acceptable and nobody will challenge you. But some of us have experienced some of your lack of inner beauty. Hopefully as you retire for a while you will reflect on this and return with a nicer attitude.

I wish you good luck.   

Guest abang1961

Wow I did not know I'm so POWERFUL to "affect" the moderator.

To be truth, I had requested for a change of title to this very thread but was politely declined.

To that end, I accepted that reply with utmost grace and understanding.

My intention to take a break is stemmed from fatigue.

I realise that my contributions are going nowhere but stagnated.

It would much better to "re-charge" myself and come back later with an improved self.

Anyway Steve, I had tried to put our minor misunderstandings like water under the bridge.

It is so 86'd,  

**86'd is a slang for 80 miles out and 6 feet under" meaning it is DEAD.

Don't ever think that you are THE cause of my impending departure.

Seriously, you ain't that instrumental. 

• adiós, adieu, addio, adeus. ...
  • aloha. ...
  • arrivederci. ...
  • ciao. ...
  • auf Wiedersehen. ...
  • au revoir. ...
  • bon voyage. ...
  • sayonara.

How-To Say Thank You in 14 Different Languages:
  • English– Thank you, Thanks.
  • Spanish– Gracias.
  • French– Merci (Thank you very much= Merci Beaucoup)
  • Italian– Grazie.
  • Japanese– (Domo) Arigato (ah-ree-gah'-toh) or written ありがとう
  • Chinese– do jeh, daw-dyeh.
  • German– Danke sehr.
  • Thai– Khop Khun Mak Kha.

Anyway Steve, I had tried to put our minor misunderstandings like water under the bridge.

It is so 86'd,  

**86'd is a slang for 80 miles out and 6 feet under" meaning it is DEAD.

Don't ever think that you are THE cause of my impending departure.

Seriously, you ain't that instrumental. 

-----

I realise that my contributions are going nowhere but stagnated. (!)

-----

I don't pretend to be instrumental in anything.  The cause of your departure only you know.

I should not be involved with it, but your mind seems to be doing you something subconscious...

You wrote in your very farewell post: "Despite some issues with certain member, I have had a good time here."

Isn't this interesting?  Why is the "certain member" still so strong in your mind?  Is this your DEAD, 6 feet under?

Your conscience may not let go of the feeling that you did something wrong to "certain member",  LOL!

Your conscience is your thing and I don't need to get involved.  I have always a good time here, and you have never been a "despite".  So your departure is perfectly neutral to me.  Perhaps I may read your posts at the Singapore forum blowingwind.org, where I first saw your posts years ago.

Guest abang1961

Hooray, the bitch is back.

As customary in the Chinese Zodiac, 2018 is the year of the DOG, well it could be the Year of the Bitches too.

And to usher in the good fortunes, thank you Vinapu for informing me that that particular forum user has been banned.

Hope that will bring some peace and keep this forum relevant to all.

Well in my hiatus for about 10 months or so, I kept reading this forum as it has a wealth of information.

I was in Thailand in March, July, October 2017 and my recent trip in January 2018.

I kept close ties with some forum members even though I stopped my postings altogether.

To mark this auspicious celebration, allow me to indulge you with my recent photo.

Hope I have not shock you guys..

post-13467-0-17458700-1517965573_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

Thanks to you guys..I now have one less pricky guy to give unfavourable comments...

As requested, I am uploading photos when I was in Krabi some 10 days ago.

Yes this old man is still wearing micro-mini underwear and swim trunks at the beach..

The Thais were very tolerant to see a soon-to-be Asian man in g-strings and ...

Good thing about Krabi is that it is less crowded than Phuket but it is quite boring at night..

post-13467-0-32761400-1517982300_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-60142600-1517982381_thumb.jpg

Hi Abang,

Belated but sincere best wishes on your 55th birthday and likewise for your upcoming 56th! You look great and you are setting a very high standard for the rest of us in the same age bracket.

I have just read this topic for the first time and I really enjoyed the positive attitude to aging in many of the posts. They reflect the "you're as young as the ass you're feeling" outlook of many of the contributors here.

I also will turn 55 in August and now I am actually looking forward to it! I may even book another trip to Thailand just to celebrate.

Finally, in the spirit of Abang's photo logs, here are a couple of pics of a somewhat paler 54 year old and travelling companion taken at Chicken Head Island in Krabi just a month ago. 

post-17454-0-81259500-1518082228_thumb.jpg

post-17454-0-21447900-1518082248_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

Oops I'm turning 57 this April...well I used to say, I'm the same age as Princess Diana.

She's gone but I'm still here!

Great to know new friends here.

Christian PFC thanks for asking.

That pic was taken at the viewpoint behind Doi Suthep.

It was a clear day and the view of Chiangmai was spectacular.

I learn some tricks on this trip regarding taking better selfie with a camera phone.

I had a small tripod stand and a bluetooth toggle (clicker) to take the pics.

I had place the tripod on the floor and tilted the camera at an angle to give myself a longer silhouette in the 2nd pic.

I had positioned myself at an angle to the camera to add depth to the pic.

Moreover I bought a fish lens so as to widen the scope of the pic.

The total cost is less than USD 10 and all are available in night markets in Thailand.

Always wear a shirt that is of the same colour as the background but a shade brighter.

You would have noticed I wore the same pants - grey cotton shorts to bring out the vibrancy of light blue and orange in the pics.

OK never wear black or blue unless you want to attempt to look slimmer.

Green and yellow looks horrible in pics.

Last but not least, the emotions of the face...

Do not show teeth nor look like you have had a bad day.

Use appropriate props to add a new dimensions to the pics - the bouquet of lotus flowers were bought at the foot of Doi Suthep.

Remember the background is more important than the people in it.

Just curious why not show teeth. I would have thought a nice smile always enhances a photo

Guest abang1961

Just curious why not show teeth. I would have thought a nice smile always enhances a photo

Well just don't want to look like a sub-normal child...and I have big front teeth..

Just don't like to look like Chipmunks ..

How about showing my legs.....taken in Viewtalay, Jomtien in Oct 2017..

post-13467-0-38480500-1518151440_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

I, like many of you, like to visit Bangkok for its vibrancy, food and entertainment value.  What I cannot bear are ... the traffic and the pollution.  Recently, I took up Christian's advice and travelled in public buses, yes those air-conditioned-less ones from Silom to Central World for 9 bahts.  It was quite a ride ... having seen the driver jump over twice to check the "noisy" engines but I reached my destination safely.  The bus driver was driving "recklessly" but "skillfully" at the same time..that's quite oxy-moron but that's the way it was...

This is not good ... what's new? Will you guys currently in Bangkok verify this report?  All the more to revive the businesses in Pattaya and Chiangmai?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-weather/bangkok-air-pollution-warning-children-asked-to-stay-indoors-idUSKBN1FS0ZF

Thurs 8 Feb 2018..

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Residents in Bangkok, one of the world’s top tourist destinations, were warned on Thursday the city’s air quality had hit dangerous levels just days after the country’s pollution control agency appealed to residents to wear face masks.

The Pollution Control Department reported PM2.5 dust in the Bangkok Metropolitan at midday on Thursday and at midday it was measured at 72-95 micrograms per m3, with the likelihood that it would increase.

That compares with a World Health Organization (WHO)guideline of an annual average of no more than 10 micrograms. PM 2.5 is a mixture of liquid droplets and solid particles that can include dust, dirt, soot and smoke.

Air pollution in the Thai capital has come under increasing scrutiny in recent weeks with residents complaining of smog and respiratory problems. Some schools were closed on Thursday or kept children indoors.

Bangkok is a horrible experience for me : the traffic, pollution and high living costs are forcing me to avoid this place if I can .in my last trips I took a taxi straight from Pattaya to Suvarnabumi airport to return back home and avoid BKK completely.

Bangkok is a horrible experience for me : the traffic, pollution and high living costs are forcing me to avoid this place...........................

for me , opposite, I count Bangkok as my best city in the world, entertaining , full of energy , safe and affordable. Even without boys it would be in my top 3

for me , opposite, I count Bangkok as my best city in the world, entertaining , full of energy , safe and affordable. Even without boys it would be in my top 3

I love to get a day pass and ride the Skytrain all day long just mixing with the local people going about their daily travels and I enjoy just jumping off and exploring somewhere I haven’t been before. As you mention such a vibrant exciting city and I too always feel safe in Bangkok.