Guest abang1961

Turning 55 today

On the second issues, the ban is only applied to muslims, not to non muslim. And of course at the islands, where most tourist are, ive never seen any law enforcement prying on people wearing bikinis and man wearing speedos. Similar to maldives, where they are more strict on local beaches, where only one beach in the whole country local islands where bikini is allowed, and even alcohol is banned troughout the island, yet no such restriction on private islands.

Most hotels actually banned wearing tshirts in the pool. Either way, since the state gov is islamic party, they have these rules up but enforcement especially on tourist are almost nil. Though, once u are outside the pool/beach area, u are expected to dress decent, as in dont wear thong in the city lol

Guest abang1961

This morning, I was awakened by the loud claps of thunder at about 6.30 am.

I'm still feeling weak and it was best not to get off the bed immediately.

So I started silly-news-surfing and came across this - 

Anyone with a little knowledge would have known that the best way to stop a baby from crying is to ...

- wrap him in a familiar smell.. mom or dad's arms.

That's why I had my little bolster cover from my childhood of years!

French priest suspended after slapping baby during baptism

A French Catholic priest was suspended Friday (June 22) after a video of him smacking a crying baby during a baptism ceremony went viral, drawing widespread condemnation on social media.

In footage posted on Twitter on Thursday, gasps can be heard when the 89-year-old priest, after ordering the infant he is holding to "be quiet", sharply slaps his cheek...

How about this video- 3 dips into the water..

Guest abang1961

I'm lying in bed while writing this depressing message. 

Today I thought was fit enough good enough to get out of my flat.   

I was thinking of getting ome fresh food as I have been feeding on porridge/congee for the past two weeks or more.

It never occurred to me that this stroll itself would end up as a signal from my body. 

I started with the grocers down my block and then navigate around the small mum and pop shops. 

I was about to buy some fresh flowers when I realized that my wallet was missing. 

I had to drag myself back to the last shop where I paid for some items.  

However, the anxiety was so intense. 

Although it was barely 200 meters radius from where I started, it felt like 200 km. 

I began to feel very tired after walking the first 10 meters.

Luckily for me, no many people were shopping in the early afternoon. 

I literally had to take baby steps towards my destination.  

Fortunately, the wallet was recovered but as if it is customary, in Asia, finders' keeper.

The cash (about SGD 300), 2 travel cards and all the credit cards were gone. 

At the very least, Mr. Kind Soul had left my ID intact. 

I had no choice but to cancel all the credit cards (4 of them) immediately.

This incident taught me a lesson - don't act tough and overestimate my capabilities and endurance. 

I am seriously losing my mind, besides my body.     

Perhaps it is time for me to check in for an elder care center for the time being. 

At the very least, I don't have to move around when there is always medical staff attending to me. 

They can be trusted to administer the medication.

What do you think, guys?

I lost so much weight since the end of May when the flu, fever and what have you got, started to invade my body.  

All my sympathy to you , hope doctors can find what bug is biting you. But did you see a doctor or you try to heal by autosuggestion ?

After spending so much time in bed , no wonder you feel weak. Even if you not feeling well  try to walk at least around the table for few minutes couple times a day.

Do you have somebody who can do your shopping for you ? It would be good if you can eat something fresh from time to time at least. Not only cooked meals but fruits and veggies. Listen to your body signals after  your meals.

No,  you don't need any credit cards not travel cards when you shop locally, just cash and ID.

Recover fast but  don't run until you are sure you can just walk one step at the time as you discovered on your shopping trip.

Forget about fresh flowers for now - you may be allergic to something . If you use water purifier make sure filter is clean, you sound like my friend who got something from residue in the filter.

What doctor says?

Guest abang1961

Another set of perks of limited movement.

I was lucky to install handrails (last year due to some Singapore government housing update.within my room as the toilet is ensuite.

At the very least, I can't fall as the handrails are secured into the wall.

Second thing is to catch up with lots of Netflix series.

Sadly my local free-to-air local station (yes there is only 1 company) is still depending on action series like Hawaii-5-0.

At the prime time of 8 pm to 9 pm, silly programmes like Just for Laughs and a local drama that had run for the past 3 years.

I have not been able to sit down to watch a single episode as the production quality is worse than Wheel of Fortune.

Wheel of Fortune stimulates the brain because of some intriguing puzzles.

Now come to the Netflix Series I want to share with you.

It has been running for the past 4 years and the topic is surprisingly daring.

I am talking about Grace and Frankie.

The 4 main leads are all about 70 and were married heterosexually to one another until one day.

The husbands decided to come out of the closet and divorce the wives.

I am very sure that some of you can relate to marriage and children issues.

Jane Fonda is the ever-sophisticated GRACEful socialite.

She looks amazing for someone in her late 70s - yes, there was much cosmetic enhancement done but she generally sexy.

On the other hand, Lily Tomlin is the Bohemian.

She believes in chanting, spiritual stuff that Asians are likely to be bewildered.

The husbands are played by the serious-looking Martin Sheen (still very White-House look) and Sam Waterson.

Sam's character may strike one as a hopeless romantic.

Someone that is so loyal to his partner.

Go look for it - it is worth your time laughing at my expense - a middle-aged man in desperate need of stability after major changes.  The acting is superb and the female leads have been nominated for SAG, Emmy. Golden Globes but won none.