musgrave

Raya Hotel

This trip I stay in following hotels: Tarntawan, Raya, Baan Silom, Copa, TheVenue, Classrooms, Furama Xclusive Sathorn, At 21 Saladaeng and Baiyoke Sky so obviously have some fresh comparison material. While none of them was ideal and here were some issues of very minor nature in each of them as far as i can see warts  and all Raya is top choice. It,s only one think  don,t  like there - they seem  strictly adhere to  2 pm check in policy so if you arrive earlier make sure you have suitable arangements to fill waiting time. 

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

This trip I stay in following hotels: Tarntawan, Raya, Baan Silom, Copa, TheVenue, Classrooms, Furama Xclusive Sathorn, At 21 Saladaeng and Baiyoke Sky so obviously have some fresh comparison material. While none of them was ideal and here were some issues of very minor nature in each of them as far as i can see warts  and all Raya is top choice.

I've not heard of the last 2, but presumably these are also "joiner-friendly", so useful information.

Can you hear the noise from that busy road in the rooms in The Raya ?      That's my main reason for never staying there, but of course if they have some properly fitted windows with thick laminated glass, it would not be a problem.  

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

they seem  strictly adhere to  2 pm check in policy so if you arrive earlier make sure you have suitable arangements to fill waiting time. 

Not permitting an early check in does seem very common in Bangkok.   I can understand it if they have to prepare rooms, but hotels such as the Tarntawan and the Baan Silom didn't offer me an early check in at times in the last couple of years when they had hardly any customers.   

The hotels passed up their chance to create some goodwill at near zero cost.   So the next time I was booking a hotel, loyalty was not a consideration.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:38 AM, vinapu said:

This trip I stay in following hotels: Tarntawan, Raya, Baan Silom, Copa, TheVenue, Classrooms, Furama Xclusive Sathorn, At 21 Saladaeng and Baiyoke Sky so obviously have some fresh comparison material. While none of them was ideal and here were some issues of very minor nature in each of them as far as i can see warts  and all Raya is top choice. It,s only one think  don,t  like there - they seem  strictly adhere to  2 pm check in policy so if you arrive earlier make sure you have suitable arangements to fill waiting time. 

Would love to read your trip report posts/reviews if you are intending to post! The December thread was so great. 

Great reports👍Someone mentioned the BBB Inn, great memories there in years gone by🥳

Unfortunately the BBB Inn went down in its latter years and I stopped going there .

• Members
On 6/4/2016 at 6:22 AM, Nasherich said:

with a peculiar shower and toilet based in a glass box so you're in full view of the occupants of the room, if any.

There are blinds but it struck me as odd nonetheless.

Could this be by design?

They know the type of customers they get: us who might want to keep an eye on our young hookups while we are showering, to make sure they are not stealing our wallet and running out without providing the agreed service?

2 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Could this be by design?

They know the type of customers they get: us who might want to keep an eye on our young hookups while we are showering, to make sure they are not stealing our wallet and running out without providing the agreed service?

Whats odd about the ability to see your hired boy showering from the convenient of your bedroom? Lol

• Members
2 hours ago, spoon said:

Whats odd about the ability to see your hired boy showering from the convenient of your bedroom? Lol

I think what the other members find odd is that the toilet is also in sight (see picture of the bedroom above in this same thread).

1 hour ago, Tartegogo said:

I think what the other members find odd is that the toilet is also in sight (see picture of the bedroom above in this same thread).

there  are blinds inside shower glass you can draw to privacy so no need to admire anybody using toilet 

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

there  are blinds inside shower glass you can draw to privacy so no need to admire anybody using toilet 

See through shower glass and a curtain around the toilet is a properly optimized layout.   

44 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

But I want to see the boy douche himself properly...

draw the blinds , let him use toilet privately , then raise blinds and watch what he has to show. 

I'd join him in the shower anyways as soaping guy beats just looking at him any time in my books

40 minutes ago, z909 said:

See through shower glass and a curtain around the toilet is a properly optimized layout.   

few years ago I stay in hotel in Berlin , just across new station and there toilet was in the enclosed space and transparent shower stall was right in the room.