Alizizou

Sun massage

Everybody talk about arena,senso,hero,prince,v club,Banana,the Prime,baan taewa and others when we discuss about good massage place in bangkok but its very rare to see people talk about sun massage where the place just beside tawan bar..is it because its not good place,masseur got attitude or other reasons?..

I went in there once, looked at their boys available (limited), noted that their charges are similar to more popular massage place like Bangkok Massage and I walked out.

When i visit tawan last april,i see their boys (sun) hanging outside their premise and some of them got muscular body similar with tawan boys..maybe tawan boys do partime there...LOL

Some places get talked about more for no apparent reason. This effect is self-enhancing: someone who comes to Thailand for the first time will know only these places from internet, and will go there and report about his experiences in these places.

I have been to the massage places next to Tawan and opposite Tawan (don't remember their exact names), no complaints.

From a higher rate for massage you can expect a higher standard of room (bigger, nicer decoration), whereas from a higher minimum tip I would not expect a better massage or better happy ending. Therefore I usually go to low- or mid-price massage places.

For me, the important point is the masseur, not the massage place. And I think my chances to find one who is skilled at massage, happy ending and is my type are the same in all massage places.

Further to cpf: speekee the angkrit=english is also a price-rising factor, as it is in about any Thai shop.

That shop acros from Sun=tawan is named Indra, after an Indian god.

@cpf: In fact I guess your choice of ''male therapists'' confirming to your rather large list of ''has-to'' is also a lot better at more Thai local places as at tourist-aimed.

@alizizou: it is for sue that that Tawan has a large following in people swarming about their ''muscle-boys''' and thus gets mentioned far too often, but that msg-shop does not really offer such lads.

I went to to Sun massage once and didn't particularly like it, so never felt the urge to go back.  The facilities aren't terrible but aren't that nice.  Showers in the hall, not in the "room"  Mat on the floor in a cubicle sort of space with a curtain along the hallway.   I prefer rooms with doors rather than curtains.  The massage was a "there's no such thing as a truly bad massage" massage.  OK but not great.  The masseur was an incessant talker and was really putting on the hard sell to let him be my guide, go to Asiatique, etc.  Didn't need him as a guide and I was fairly confident it would have ended up with me hosting him, his wife and daughter.  So in the right mood with a different masseur I am sure it's fine.  But for me there was nothing that made me want to go back for another look.  I don't want to discourage anyone from going there, but couldn't recommend it, particularly given the other places available.

Indra across the street:  I haven't been to for a couple of years, so perhaps t's changed, but at least in the past it was [supposedly] a no hanky-pinky shop.   You could not select the masseur; you had to take the next guy in rotation.  The Thai massages were VERY good.   Like many "legit" shops, sometimes, but always, the masseur would try to up-sell for some erotic endeavors, but no guarantee.  Generally mats on the floor.  Masseur fully clothed.  Showers outside.  I think just curtains for walls, but maybe some rooms.  I can't really remember. 

I stopped going to Indra because, for legit Thai massage, the Prime is my go to spot.  Yes occasionally a masseur there has offered a HJ and sometimes I have been weak and succumbed, but I like having a great Thai massage without any sexual pressure (as it were) and the Prime is my favorite.  In the past several years it has gotten very very popular - I wonder if it is in some Chinese guidebooks?  I have never been able to figure out when it's reservations only and when not, so reservations recommended, I suppose.  But be prepared if you try to walk for a massage late afternoon after some touristing that they may tell you they have no availability (unless you had previously reserved).  

as mention in another thread I had one of my 6  best massages ever at Sun but  afters were very rushed and I did not see that boy again so I  never repeat visit. Still I think it's worth a try. 

Never saw any of Tawan boys presented himself in front of Sun so i guess that only share name / Sun=Tawan in Thai / and perhaps ownership.

I was told by somebody in the know that for short time Sun room may be used when offing Tawan boys

Indra across the street:  I haven't been to for a couple of years, so perhaps t's changed, but at least in the past it was [supposedly] a no hanky-pinky shop.   You could not select the masseur; you had to take the next guy in rotation.  The Thai massages were VERY good.   Like many "legit" shops, sometimes, but always, the masseur would try to up-sell for some erotic endeavors, but no guarantee.  Generally mats on the floor.  Masseur fully clothed.  Showers outside.  I think just curtains for walls, but maybe some rooms.  I can't really remember. 

I stopped going to Indra because, for legit Thai massage, the Prime is my go to spot.  Yes occasionally a masseur there has offered a HJ and sometimes I have been weak and succumbed, but I like having a great Thai massage without any sexual pressure (as it were) and the Prime is my favorite.  In the past several years it has gotten very very popular - I wonder if it is in some Chinese guidebooks?  I have never been able to figure out when it's reservations only and when not, so reservations recommended, I suppose.  But be prepared if you try to walk for a massage late afternoon after some touristing that they may tell you they have no availability (unless you had previously reserved).  

Indra a "no hanky-panky" shop.... yeah right lol. Masseur will get naked, even do a "body slide" (or whatever you call it). and more.... including shower together after. Rooms are rooms, nut just curtained partitions, but the room's "doors" are curtains if I remember correctly (I don't put much weight on this as I don't care). Shower down the hall, correct.

Agree on The Prime, my go-to place for a good proper massage without intentions for extras. Though it can happen depending on the guy, and in fact I advance book one guy sometimes for his super sensual massage and expert HJ ;-) On the other hand, I advance book another guy there sometimes when I'm in need of the best massage I can get (he gets a gigantic tip for that, too, with no extras involved [though once or twice he has done it too,lol, but not my reason to go to him]). Nice guy with lots of experience, has worked at Prime for 7 years.