Guest ryanasia

Trip report Bali

Guest ryanasia

It is forbidden by law in many countries already: people take a lot of bags when bags are free, and that is bad for ecology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-out_of_lightweight_plastic_bags#Indonesia

http://jakartaglobe.id/news/indonesian-cities-now-charging-shoppers-plastic-bags/

Yes I understand the policy very well and it is something Thailand should start doing yesterday.

Guest abang1961

Thanks for bring back the fond memories of Bali.

I have not return since 2011 and boy, your report nail the thought that I should schedule some time for it.

I will revisit Ubud again.

Instead of Jakarta which is chaotic,  I would recommend at least a 2 day visit to Jogjakarta.  

It is the place to see the old world charm and of course, Borobudur and catch Ramayan at the other temple.

I speak sufficient Bahasa Indonesian and I do find that despite Bali being a tourist attraction, English is not the

lingua franca of the local people.

I would recommend at least a 2 day visit to Jogjakarta.  

It is the place to see the old world charm and of course, Borobudur and catch Ramayan at the other temple.

Prambanan temple is another gem from UNESCO list in Jogyakarta's vicinity, can be done in one long day tour from Jogya but better to overnight at Borobudur to see sunset and sunrise recommended in another thread 

Guest ryanasia

I would say the rooms if you want a pool villa are cheap. However when you leave your room the environment can be disgusting. You won't get a pool villa for that in the USA not even close. Despite that in Indonesia or Asia I have to pay disproportionately to stay in a place that is free from pollution.

So the rooms are not too expensive for what is offered but once you leave the room... it is pretty sad. 

Guest abang1961

I would say the rooms if you want a pool villa are cheap. However when you leave your room the environment can be disgusting. You won't get a pool villa for that in the USA not even close. Despite that in Indonesia or Asia I have to pay disproportionately to stay in a place that is free from pollution.

So the rooms are not too expensive for what is offered but once you leave the room... it is pretty sad. 

Not a very fair assessment of Bali's hotel.

I had been there and all my hotels provided breakfast besides the swimming pool.

Of course, my threshold is different from yours but I do want to point out that if you have no expectations, Bali is still better than Pattaya any day.

An older picture taken at the gay beach in Bali... enjoy the humps...

post-13467-0-34937100-1488273861_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

Which of the 2 beaches did you prefer Abang?

I really ignore the overall cleanliness of the beach as I don't get into the water much.

What I care for is a small patch of land where I can lay my poncho sheet on.

I wil be happy as a lark when I can tan naked or in my g-string.

but Pattaya is better than Bali any night

Yes you got the point if you are looking for commercial sex.

I prerfer Bali for its serenity. 

Guest ryanasia

Not a very fair assessment of Bali's hotel.

I had been there and all my hotels provided breakfast besides the swimming pool.

Of course, my threshold is different from yours but I do want to point out that if you have no expectations, Bali is still better than Pattaya any day.

An older picture taken at the gay beach in Bali... enjoy the humps...

I will take Pattaya if that is the argument.