TotallyOz

Multiple Members Suspended Today

Anybody know what  "0 Warning Points" means ?  It appears below the number of posts that I have made, starting with my first post on GT.

We each have one as the forum systems usually allow warning points to be given, but only you and the Mods/Admins can see yours.

I am not aware that warning points are given here on this forum - or perhaps, like you, I have just been a good boy? LOL

I've noticed that since the recent suspensions have been in place, there is more activity in the Forum...more posts and replies.  A few weeks ago, I'd hit the "new content" button and find little that was new, not the case now.

I've noticed that since the recent suspensions have been in place, there is more activity in the Forum...more posts and replies.  A few weeks ago, I'd hit the "new content" button and find little that was new, not the case now.

so it looks Scooby's cooling heads therapy worked

One would think that gays are gentler part of humanity but is seems to be wishful thinking at the moment by what we can read on the forum 

Hopefully you can see the reality of this world and realize that the negatives in this forum are very minor and in no way portray fellow gays as combative and mean as heterosexuals can be.  On average we gays ARE the gentler part of humanity.

Sadly Vinapu it seems it was shortlived...

Trolls just open more accounts, so continuous pruning may be required. I suspect some have multiple accounts.

Yet another topic was locked due to a couple of bickering trolls.

Suspension or termination of membership is probably better than having interesting threads locked.

so it looks Scooby's cooling heads therapy worked

I am one of those who feel more positive about he blog recently, but hadn't connected it to the suspensions. But now that you mention it, I think that may be the reason I feel more like contributing. I found the sniping quite tedious, and it made me skip whole threads, as once it started, it never seemed to stop. So my thanks to the moderator. 

On average we gays ARE the gentler part of humanity.

Except on gay forums, which can bring out the worst in people. Normally "gentle" guys can become incredibly vindictive, spiteful and nasty.

Maybe this is a consequence of them having weak personalities in real life.

Except on gay forums, which can bring out the worst in people. Normally "gentle" guys can become incredibly vindictive, spiteful and nasty.

Maybe this is a consequence of them having weak personalities in real life.

If gay forums bring out the worst in people, what can we say about straight forums?

The Islamist ISIS propaganda forums are populated by straights, or at least people in the closet, and they bring out jihadist attacks that kill tens of innocent people. 

If we talk exclusively about discussions, one can see worst in people face-to-face, especially when some alcohol is around.

For many of us participating in forums, they are as "real life" as the breathing of the lungs and beating of the heart. They are a source of information and distraction, maybe some laughs, not a screen to hide behind. 

For some they can also be a virtual reality where putting aside their weak personalities they become sanctimonious policemen going after the sinful who disturb their ideal paradise of love and peace. This can happen when taking a gay forum, or any forum, too seriously.

In any case in the years I have been here, Scooby has effectively moderated this forum, and "the worst in people" is only in the eyes of the beholders, some with very sensitive eyes.  So there is not really a need for amateur moderators to prop up and do their own trolling.

Yet another topic was locked due to a couple of bickering trolls.

Suspension or termination of membership is probably better than having interesting threads locked.

I agree. Suspensions are the only option to keep this forum a nice place to visit