TotallyOz

Multiple Members Suspended Today

Moderation effectively shapes both both the character and direction of a forum.

I post on three forums these days and the character of each differs as does their moderation.

This is, by far, the smallest of the three and still retains that 'family of like-minded friends' feel to it. And I feel privileged to be part of it. But every now and then someone has to be sent home from the party if they are spoiling it for others.

As others have said there is always a balance to be struck between building content and membership and retaining what's best about its current character.

This is, by far, the smallest of the three and still retains that 'family of like-minded friends' feel to it.

I presume the other 2 boards you refer to are for different subjects, since of the 3 gay Thai boards, this one is probably the most active currently.   

I presume the other 2 boards you refer to are for different subjects, since of the 3 gay Thai boards, this one is probably the most active currently.

Yes Pattaya Addicts (currently 108k members) and the Pattaya Ladyboy Forum (currently 67k members); keep in mind I am bi-sexual LOL

Both differ from each other in the character of their respective forums and in turn differ markedly from this one. Not saying that any one is better than the other - they cater for different markets - and they just differ.

Yes Pattaya Addicts (currently 108k members) and the Pattaya Ladyboy Forum (currently 67k members); keep in mind I am bi-sexual LOL

Well, I would be interested to hear how the scene compares. 

Are the straight forums reporting some of the same trends as here ?

1  Bar closures  particularly gogo bar closures

2  Movement of traffic on line

There seems to be an awful lot of girlie left bars in Pattaya, but since I hardly ever walk up some of the streets, I would have no idea if the numbers have declined.     

What I do see walking up the beach road is an awful lot of plump ladies in host bars.  I'm glad we do not get that in the gay bars.

Well, I would be interested to hear how the scene compares. 

Are the straight forums reporting some of the same trends as here ?

1  Bar closures  particularly gogo bar closures

2  Movement of traffic on line

There seems to be an awful lot of girlie left bars in Pattaya, but since I hardly ever walk up some of the streets, I would have no idea if the numbers have declined.     

What I do see walking up the beach road is an awful lot of plump ladies in host bars.  I'm glad we do not get that in the gay bars.

I think that you raise some really interesting issues here, but I wonder if they don't merit their own thread as we are wandering some way from the opening post on this thread.

But in summation: bar closures - is going on all the time, but they mostly re-open and someone tries again under a different bar name. There are wider trends perhaps above all that.

On-line traffic - Facebook yes, and maybe other avenues - ladyboys are particularly adept at the internet opportunities to expand their customer base.

Plump ladies, yes overall there is a trend in that direction, but turn-over also ensures a ready supply of young 'spinners' 'off the bus' each week.

Guest ronnie4you

Donald Trump would not like the plump ladies, but he sure would like the "enlivened" discussions. Myself, I would ban him rather than suspend him. Oh, he doesn't post here? Never mind!

Seems like a delicate balance between keeping the board civil and the need for people to post content. Maybe controversial posters should just have their posts go through mod-approval before they show up. Obviously if the admin or mods find this is too much work it is up to them. 

If the board becomes overly moderated it will ultimately limit itself to the same 4 or 5 posters. If that is the case the board will simply remain in relative obscurity and it is no problem. If the board wishes to grow then a little bit of controversy never hurts. It seems it isn't the intention of the admin to ultimately try to monetize this site so I guess what happens simply doesn't matter. 

The irony that a post by the admin warning members to be civil has wound up in petty bickering is not lost on me. Seems like when the admin culled the herd they forgot a poster who is always involved whenever things turn ugly.

Some posters have 'favorite status' and are protected no matter what. Now, many posters have spoken up.

I've sent numerous pms to scooby and there's a chance if many others do the same, the 'favorite' just might

be put on a shorter leash. Just don't hold your breath !

Guest ryanasia

It is up to Scooby if he wants the site to grow or just be a good ole boys sort of board. The days of message boards are almost over anyway. It is all video and cam sites now. Of the 3 gay boards now, I can not say any one of them is anything less than incestous. 

In 5 years none are likely to be around anyway.

It is up to Scooby if he wants the site to grow or just be a good ole boys sort of board. The days of message boards are almost over anyway. It is all video and cam sites now. Of the 3 gay boards now, I can not say any one of them is anything less than incestous. 

In 5 years none are likely to be around anyway.

Amazing that anyone who is such an expert does not start his own Board.  But then again anyone who spends so much time here must be bored?

Guest ryanasia

Amazing that anyone who is such an expert does not start his own Board.  But then again anyone who spends so much time here must be bored?

Yeah, I am a bit bored here. That is a valid observation. I actually considered buying this board and came to the conclusion it wouldn't be too hard to create a new one. However with the 19 people that talk shit about each other on the 3 boards currently in place it occurs to me there is no point in doing so. With the gay scene in decline it isn't likely that any of the current boards will grow anyway. Who in their right mind would advertise here with such an overly negative group of old queens? You can't even talk about meat loaf. lol

I am no expert I have no idea what the admin here wants to do or what the vision for the future is. If monetizing the board is a goal then I think the future is pretty dim. Thats just my view of it. 

Given your attitude about the other posters here, I presume then that you'll be leaving us?  Geez, I think I'll go have a good cry.

He is the classic definition of a "troll" from flooding to a an ever present need for validation, the only way to stop him is to ignore any post he makes, simply let his posts stand without response, he will stop for a time till he reinvents himself.

Who in their right mind would advertise here with such an overly negative group of old queens? You can't even talk about meat loaf. lol

I am no expert I have no idea what the admin here wants to do or what the vision for the future is. If monetizing the board is a goal then I think the future is pretty dim. Thats just my view of it. 

Come on Ryan dont put all of us oldies in the same boat.

I enjoy your posts and your willingness to share details of your life, if some members appear to post negative comments the answer is easy ..ignore them and continue posting for the enjoyment of the many members who appreciate your posts.

Guest ryanasia

Come on Ryan dont put all of us oldies in the same boat.

I enjoy your posts and your willingness to share details of your life, if some members appear to post negative comments the answer is easy ..ignore them and continue posting for the enjoyment of the many members who appreciate your posts.

I will try to keep it on a more positive note in the future. I will take your advice wholeheartedly. I apologize for some posts that have been over the top. There are some really good people here and I would miss the interaction. So from here on out I will make sure that I don't get mired in negativity or add to it. 

Thanks for the heads up Traveller.

I will try to keep it on a more positive note in the future. I will take your advice wholeheartedly. I apologize for some posts that have been over the top. There are some really good people here and I would miss the interaction. So from here on out I will make sure that I don't get mired in negativity or add to it. 

Thanks for the heads up Traveller.

For Christ sake ryanasia don't change who you are, nice gets boring real fast!

Guest ryanasia

Now I am confused. lol Sometimes I think I went a little too far and that dulls the blade when you actually have a real point of contention. So I will keep it in check and pick my battles.  Lol I thought I was the classic definition of a troll? 

Now I am confused. lol Sometimes I think I went a little too far and that dulls the blade when you actually have a real point of contention. So I will keep it in check and pick my battles.  Lol I thought I was the classic definition of a troll?

Its not easy being a classic.