TotallyOz

Multiple Members Suspended Today

I just noticed that ryanasia's user name in his posts is in grey (others are in dark red/brown) and when I move my mouse pointer on it or click on it, nothing happens (whereas for others informations about the member comes up). What happened to him?

(his latest post in this thread is above this)

I missed it, since my screen shows: "This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by ryanasia . View it anyway?"

However, Scooby announced in another thread that a few members were about to be suspended. 

Ryanairasia was one of the obvious candidates for suspension, if not termination.   

Several members just over run the board with bickering & stories which have obvious inconsistencies which suggest there is a big element of fiction.    Just like Beachlover/Snapshot/Timberty etc

If that continues unrestrained, then the real members will drift away.

Between samebb and ryanasia, samebb's behavior was far worse, because he threatened another member with physical violence. For that reason, suspending samebb for just 30 days but permanently banning ryanasia was poor judgement - the punishment should fit the "crime" (infraction).

Ryanasia clearly deserved a ban for persistent bickering, so a good decision.
There were also huge inconsistencies in his content & clear similarities with Beachlover/Snapshot/Timberty. I suppose the next handle is on it's way, if not already participating in this thread.

Some other members need watching for persistently derailing topics with their own boorish banter.  

Guest ronnie4you

I have not been to the the forums for a bit, and find more acrimony on this visit than previously. That said, I don't think Ryanasia was the guy to ban. He deserves reinstatement as he as contributed a lot here and I have enjoyed his posts.

Guest McGarty

Ryanasia clearly deserved a ban for persistent bickering, so a good decision.

There were also huge inconsistencies in his content & clear similarities with Beachlover/Snapshot/Timberty. I suppose the next handle is on it's way, if not already participating in this thread.

Some other members need watching for persistently derailing topics with their own boorish banter.  

Ryanasia was informative and gave a interesting point on view of many issues- whether you agreed or not..

Guest McGarty

I have not been to the the forums for a bit, and find more acrimony on this visit than previously. That said, I don't think Ryanasia was the guy to ban. He deserves reinstatement as he as contributed a lot here and I have enjoyed his posts.

agreed

a little controversy makes life interesting ..

:good:

a little controversy makes life interesting

Guest ronnie4you

Scooby, I respect the job that you have and the patience with which you perform it. In this case, I simply didn't see the ryanasia that you see. He and his husband met my husband and I for dinner on my last visit and I found him to be a very nice, entertaining guy. I hope that you can see your way to changing your mind, but I do know that the decision is yours. I am only expressing my opinion here. I simply am not done hearing his point of view and his experiences as a money boy.

Scooby, I respect the job that you have and the patience with which you perform it. In this case, I simply didn't see the ryanasia that you see. He and his husband met my husband and I for dinner on my last visit and I found him to be a very nice, entertaining guy.

People behave completely differently when having dinner face to face and on these forums, when hiding behind their latest ID.

Scooby judges people on how they behave on this forum. 

A correct decision has been made in banning Ryanairasia, based on behaviour here.    How he behaves at dinner is irrelevant.

Guest ronnie4you

No need to be uppity zz. When I express my opinion, if I think something is relevant, then for me it is. It doesn't matter if you agree or not as I am not trying to express your opinion.

I'm not being uppity, just expressing my clear support for Scooby & disagreeing with your logic that Ryanasia should be excused for bad behaviour here because he is good company at dinner.

It makes no sense.

Ryanasia is another Beachlover/Snapshot clone who probably already has another handle here, which can be used to fight his corner. All very tiresome.

Ultimately Scooby owns the board & can filter out troublemakers as he pleases. That's how it should be.

Guest ronnie4you

"...disagreeing with your logic that Ryanasia should be excused for bad behaviour here because he is good company at dinner."

Z, you are miscategorizing what I have said. Nowhere did I limit my support of Ryan to the dinner we had. I have clearly pointed out that I like his posts, especially his very revealing money boy posts. If you want to oppose my point of view, and, after all, it is just my opinion, then at least be honest with what I have said.

That said, he showed a great sense of humor and intelligence at dinner. Maybe someday we can try that.

Not just on this forum but on others as well, I never cease to be amazed at the real-life 'Jekyll and Hyde' characters that exist.

Almost invariably they are the Dr Jekyll when you meet them, charming, affable and good humoured - but put them in front of their computers within the confines of their homes and the Mr Hydes emerge, bitter, rude, aggressive, argumentative.... etc. 

A gross over-generalisation perhaps, but I know a number of my Pattaya friends who fit the profile; the basic 'nice to be nice' ethos of internet forums is lost on them.

Not just on this forum but on others as well, I never cease to be amazed at the real-life 'Jekyll and Hyde' characters that exist.

Almost invariably they are the Dr Jekyll when you meet them, charming, affable and good humoured - but put them in front of their computers within the confines of their homes and the Mr Hydes emerge, bitter, rude, aggressive, argumentative.... etc. 

A gross over-generalisation perhaps, but I know a number of my Pattaya friends who fit the profile; the basic 'nice to be nice' ethos of internet forums is lost on them.

Agreed. Those who hide behind the fence and lob crap at others - making accusations that would be actionable in other circumstances - are pretty darned low, and yet some claim they're lovely people offline, and that may very well be true. A friend of mine was buddies with Neal and said that while he rarely took prisoners, he was a generous, nice guy. I only knew him online, and rather than speak ill of the dead I'd just say I disagreed with my friend.

The guy known as "Rush" belonged in the same file folder, IMHO. Having met him in person a couple of times he was a decent person, but his anonymous online persona was just plain mean spirited, and he reveled in that, unfortunately. No idea why whatsoever. Again, not to speak ill of the dead, but...

ryanasia will be back, if he isn't already. Hopefully he'll be his old (civil) tale-spinning self again.  

Guest ronnie4you

None of us are perfect,but most of us enjoy posting on GayThailand and want it to succeed. I can handle losing on ryanasia. The forum will go on.

None of us are perfect,but most of us enjoy posting on GayThailand and want it to succeed.

We don't need to agree , enough is to remember that somebody of opposite opinion is not our enemy to be attacked or name called.

This ensures that all opinions are registered without fear that poster will be , rightly or wrongly,  afraid to express what is his take on the issues.

Let me make it clear. Nobody on this Forum knows who has been warned or how many times they have been warned, unless I post it which I have rarely done. I try to handle it by PM's.

Also when I make a decision to ban someone it is never going to be reversed no matter how many members post here.

I don't want to suspend or ban any members and in fact for years that was what happened here. Unfortunately recently there have been more personal attacks on members rather then discussions .

Everyone is entitled to their point of view but they are not entitled to attack the poster personally.

Everyone knows that Opinions are like Assholes. Everybody has one!   Try to remember that before you post!

Care to provide any proof for that claim? Sounds like nonsense to me, but you wouldn't just make that up, would you?

The clone comment was intended to refer to the behaviour, which I see as a near clone of certain previous members styles (coincidentally, also ending in a ban for the cases I am thinking of).  

Naturally, I cannot prove why the behaviour is so similar & would not want to waste time doing so.

z909, I really cannot make any sense of your explanation. ryanasia has left me with the impression of being perfectly genuine, both on this site and elsewhere. He offered credible and refreshing insight into​ both his past as a Western money boy and into his current life. Others, too, have commented to the same effect, and some of those have met the man behind the online persona in person. Beachlover, on the other hand, by all appearances was an entirely fake forum persona.

Taking a charitable look at your post, the only parallel I can see is that they got banned. But even that is a flawed argument, because ryanasia didn't get​ banned for the same reason. As you don't have anything more substantial to offer, I'll stay with my "nonsense" verdict. Defaming a former/banned member who cannot respond anymore is also poor form.