Guest ryanasia

A song that reminds you of gay Thailand.

Guest ryanasia

Simple thread to keep things cool. Give a song and hopefully a video link to a song that reminds you in some way of Thailand. Doesn't have to be gay but bonus points if it is. 

This isn't a gay song in particular but when I moved to Phuket ten years ago it was popular and reflected my life back then. It was played everywhere and I was a bit out of control. 

So, listed in no particular order and perhaps a little more tongue in cheek than was intended by the OP, but they ARE songs that remind me of gay Thailand ( and some a sure sign that I'm probably drinking in the wrong bars most of the time !)

Probably THE most annoying song I hear in thailand  - or maybe I just hate it that much I notice it more.....

Closely followed by a song so often murdered by SO many farang in way too many karaoke bars at 3am ( Including myself of course when mao :-)   Ha when I first arrived in Thailand I thought I'd found my ideal Thai partner who just seemed to "get me" as he could even tell me what songs suited me to sing and what I'd like and I was SO impressed at his international knowledge of such music - until I quickly realised that it seems that ALL farang, when drunk all sing the same shit songs and Thai's have been forced to listen to them for the last 40 years and know I and hate them) better than we do !! 

Another Thai classic that I normally hear and always brings a smile to my face at least once a week during my June and July trips......

Moving on to an ACTUAL Thai song, I like this one ( just generally) and always get the signer in the cabaret bar next door to DJ Station to sing it for me at least once each trip, where he makes a point of thanking me for picking a nice Thai song for him for a change ! 

Oh and we cant of course forget that Pattaya classic that we all love / hate so much ! 

And finally ( and one meant in a genuine and most respectful way) a "song ?' / music that I really like to hear when at the cinema which once I hear it instantly tells me that I can relax for my holiday as I'm in Thailand ( and reminds me to quickly stand up in case I get too relaxed enjoying it and stay seated by mistake !)

Guest anonone

OK Nirish.

Your Jingle Bell link made me think...

Here is a classic that will make several think fondly back on the days of yaya bar in Sunee

Enough to make me almost like Christmas again....

Damn, Sa is a cute one.

Strangest ever Thai related posting! Never heard of this japanese band ever!

Maybe i'm hanging out in the wrong places!

Oh and to add to my above songs:

Thai answer to Ireland favourite "bachelor" singer Daniel O'Donnell (Bird Thongchai)

And everyones favourite Songkran song: Akons Right Now (Na Na Na)

And an instant throw back for all of us who enjoyed sitting in the Copa watching the show, only trouble is over the years I've sat there for so long that I now can't hear the original song without expecting it to contain that song clip they used with the camera shutter clicking, cut and looped and playing over and over and OVER again ! Awww I miss it already :-( 

Guest ryanasia

Strangest ever Thai related posting! Never heard of this japanese band ever!

Maybe i'm hanging out in the wrong places!

Oh and to add to my above songs:

Thai answer to Ireland favourite "bachelor" singer Daniel O'Donnell (Bird Thongchai)

And everyones favourite Songkran song: Akons Right Now (Na Na Na)

I didn't say the song had to be gay related or even related to Thailand. Just one that reminds you of when you were in Thailand. I lived in Japan for many years and made trips to Thailand. This was a big hit at that time and I listened to it on my walkman when going around. So it reminds me of gay Thailand more than Jingle Bells. :)

So it reminds me of gay Thailand more than Jingle Bells.

I agree with Crutchly (Bangkok Post) - Christmas in Thailand is always little yellow faces in red costumes singing "Jinger Ben"

from my first trip to Chiang Mai too many years ago I remember being in host bars surrounded by puppy dog faces looking up adoringly singling along to (but getting the words wrong) I will be right here waiting for you!

the Thai language songs I remember from then are anything by Hum (a CM indie band from long ago) , Kep Tawan and Tor Ai Nuk Wa Arrai (sp? Why do you behave like this) and an edgy Thai/Eng number I hate myself for f*ck wit u to the tune of I hate myself for loving you!

bkkguy

Guest ryanasia

Again songs posted here don't have to have anything to do with gay Thailand. It is all our memories. If people could link their music to a youtube video all the better. 

Guest ryanasia

This song for example reminds me of gay Thailand because of my personal circumstances and for my is as relevant as Jingle bells. You wouldn't hear this in any bars that are gay but you might hear it in some straight locales recently because of his death. Think of this as a general what kind of music do you like thread that is thinly linked to gay Thailand to make it fit this site. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ

Elton John's "Sacrifice" seemed to be playing in every bar I visited or walked past on my first trip to Pattaya in August 1990 and it still brings back lots of great memories whenever I hear it nowadays.

I am also adding amost any song by the Danish Band "Michael Learns to Rock" MLTR although I live in Europe I had never heard of them until I heard them in Thailand / Philippines where they have a massive fan base. So their music always brings back memories of S.E. Asia but mostly of Thailand.

https://youtu.be/TbLT12eg-lw