crayontt

28/12 3/1

we asian people (singapore,malaysia,indonesia) just spent a week because we can visit thailand anytime we want..some will visit every month lol..

I would be tempted to do the same if within a 2 hour flying distance & almost the same time zone.

If I was in a neighbour country I'd do the same every long weekend I could get.

Have done similar things when I was young, like drive 550 km to have sunday morning breakfast in Paris with some friends. With cheap airfare in the EU some people I know fly to London or Berlin for a night out.

Guest abang1961

Living in Singapore and South East Asia is really a big BONUS to my, otherwise, mandate life.

With budget airlines, I could hop over to Bangkok and its surrounding cities for fares much lesser than a good Japanese meal.

There is always the new travel destination within the region and if time permits, most "so-called affluent" Singaporeans will seize the opportunity to fly, to tan, to eat, to shop, the list goes on...

The return fare for the flights of my impending trip which starts from Tues 29 Nov costed me SGD 162..about USD 120 max.  The good thing with these regional budget airlines is that they fly at "earthy, human" hours and land in major airports.  

So beware fellow forum-users, here I come... sashaying in my pink g-string... ah, no yellow feathers in my hair...

Guest abang1961

Dear Vinapu,

Don't have to be green with envy cos there is a price for everything.

Of course with the slowing economic growth in the region, the Singapore dollar as well as the USD goes a longer way.

Well fellow forummers,

If you can survive in sitting in a bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya, you can definitely survive the rather space-tight seats on board budget airlines.  Really why pay more for a meal and some inflight entertainment?  Recently I boarded the plane from Kuala Lumpur to Taipei by AirAsia.  I was really CHEAP - I bought a can of sprite (USD 1.50 max) to go with my Nyona kueh (a local dessert)

8023333446_85f1058b8d_o.jpg

Guest abang1961

Steve,

Go google nyona kuih.. if and should you ever come visit me in Singapore or in Malaysia, please allow me to indulge you in this splendid spread of goodies... Yummilicious ..