TMax

Hero reopening Nov 30

Hello boys, good news is that Hero will be reopening in the old premises on November 30th and the new name will be New Hero. If the member of the other forum gives his permission I will copy his post here with all the info.

As it was posted on another forum minus the line with the date.

"Here is an update on Hero Massage at the original location. Prince Massage negotiated a short term lease from the new owner of the property on Sukhumvit 11. It seems that there's a slowdown on new upmarket property development and whatever this property is destined to be is on hold. I was told that it will be called 'New Hero' and initially will be staffed by some of the present boys at the 'Prince'. The Prince Massage (once GQ Massage) at Suanplu 6 will remain open. There's hope that some of the regular Hero boys will return."

I went to the new Hero yesterday, called My Hero.  The place looks fantastic.  They have moved the entrance down a bit so walk a bit further.  I was even beginning to wonder if I was in the right area.  The inside is great.  The rooms are beautiful with showers, and beds and there is a really nice Jacuzzi suit coming that I had a look at and it was very nice.

There were only about 20 boys there yesterday and no customers. I did not find a boy I wanted so I did not take one.  Prices for tips started out at 1200 baht.  The managers said this was same owner as before.  I knew that not to be the case, so I asked again, and that owner also owns Prince and they said yes.

There were 2 old mamasans from the old Hero there and both said that the boys would come back when they knew it was open but not that many right now. 

There were only about 20 boys there yesterday and no customers.

no customers at HERO on weekend evening , few years ago this would be blasphemous. They better start advertising somewhere, otherwise all that investment they put in sprucing it out will not pay  for itself.

Did they re-opened that restaurant they always had inside? In December I was told 'soon'.

no customers at HERO on weekend evening , few years ago this would be blasphemous. They better start advertising somewhere, otherwise all that investment they put in sprucing it out will not pay  for itself.

Did they re-opened that restaurant they always had inside? In December I was told 'soon'.

They have beautiful furniture inside the dining room. There were some boys inside that area. But, I asked if ready to serve food and they said, "soon."  The furniture looks beautiful.  I am not sure how well it will last with so many in and out but I hope it does.  The rooms are a huge improvement.  But, all it would have taken for me is one boy and I didn't find one. 

Looks like the prices have come down a little and some good lookers on the website

As near as I can recall from my December visit, rates appear down across the board by at least 20%.

Looking at the pics of masseurs on website, the guy I chose was either the second from right in either the top row or bottom row (they look somewhat alike to me).  He was 35, said he use to work at Arena and provided excellent service.

Don't see any evidence that the restaurant is open, but there are numerous photos at FB page, two of which show the restaurant and bar.

https://www.facebook.com/myherobangkok/

No argument there. Arena is one of the best values in BKK. 

My Hero is priced just above Prince and has the same owner. It also IMHO has the best facilities in the city.

Prince seems to be doing a strong business based on reputation.  But judging from recent reviews on Travel Gay Asia, dissatisfied customers are numerous. 

With the exception of Arena and Banana Club, where I've always found satisfaction, the rest remain hit or miss. So much depends on timing, availability and the hairs on the back of your head...sort to speak.

NOW they have promotion- come with 3, pay only 2. No expiry date stated-in latest magazine ThaiPeuan.

Maybe they cancel when khunVinapu comes along with 2, or maybe even 5 companions he has gathered and are noted at the Baksoi or where the old Banana used to be..................

No argument there. Arena is one of the best values in BKK. 

In value maybe, but my visits there have been average or less. Once a totally drunk guy.

With the exception of Arena and Banana Club, where I've always found satisfaction, the rest remain hit or miss. So much depends on timing, availability and the hairs on the back of your head...sort to speak.

Disagree- but of coruse thats different from/for anyone.

Best experience for me was in outer BKK-but most have closed by now. K-male, theBank, HI-klupspa, RuenRabRoong.

Of these RRR is still open-along Lardprao main road, between sois 35 and 35/1, close by busstop, sign only in Thai. 500 bt for 90 mins. No min-tip stated still.

NOW they have promotion- come with 3, pay only 2. No expiry date stated-in latest magazine ThaiPeuan.

Maybe they cancel when khunVinapu comes along with 2, or maybe even 5 companions he has gathered and are noted at the Baksoi or where the old Banana used to be..................

You got it right, quite a few times  I went to Hero with xiluzer , poster here and his friends by taxi load so promotion would be well utilized but unfortunately due to work goings this December is first one in few years I will not be there.