Guest ronnie4you

Gay Malaysia

Guest ronnie4you

Does anyone have anything good to say about Gay Malaysia? I was thinking of visiting, but the lack of recent info here does not comfort. For that matter, what is here does not comfort!

Does anyone have anything good to say about Gay Malaysia? I was thinking of visiting, but the lack of recent info here does not comfort. For that matter, what is here does not comfort!

There are different categories of things to say.  I can compare Kuala Lampur (KL), Singapore(SG) and Bangkok (BKK)

The governments of Malaysia and Singapore restrict the gay scene, but as a visitor you would hardly feel it.

In order of gay attractiveness (my taste):  SG = 10 (the cutest), KL =8, BKK = 6

In order of gay scene: BKK: 10,  SG and KL = 6

In order of interesting city: BKK = 8,  KL = 5,  SG = 3  (boring)

In order of cost of living:  BKK = 10, KL = 8, SG = 3 (expensive)

I used to fly to and stay in SG, then from there take the bus to KL and spend some days there, then return to SG, and fly back home.  In the round trip I spent time in five or six gay saunas, my favorite places of the gay scene.  I don't know anything about the commercial sex in KL and SG.  I think that while the boys in BKK do it for money, the ones in KL and SG do it for lust... (exaggerated generalization)  Then in the last years I chose to visit BKK for its better value, so I'm not too updated about KL  But in KL I befriended a good number of Malays and Chinese in my three favorite places:  Mandi Manda (with good selection of twinks),  Kakiku (with delicious foam parties), and OtotOtot,  (good variety all week long).  I also visited two or three other saunas with various degrees of success.   One of these days I should visit again SG and KL to get an update :)

Guest ronnie4you

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. I am going to post a more general inquiry as it has been awhile since I was in SE Asia. I agree that Singapore is a bore!

Guest abang1961

Singapore is NOT a gay mecca for commercial sex but a gay haven for gay sexual encounters. Unlike in Thailand where gay bars and clubs parade their wares (oops boys) as sale items, the young guys in Singapore are always available via apps. One other thing is that almost all guys offer themselves FOC...barring those from the neighbouring countries offering massage services.

Singapore, in my own admission, is NOT boring although if one is looking for similar raunchy performance in the bars and clubs, one could be disappointed. There are currently something like 5 to 6 gay saunas in town, catering to the very needs of the niche gay community.

One added bonus besides not expecting a fee, most young lads here have beautiful bodies due to our compulsory military training. Instead of skinny twins, young Singaporeans have more muscular (not overdone to body builders standard) bodies.

Hence by and large, Singapore cannot be boring if and only if, one is willing to see it beyond the confines of commercial sex. One can certainly have a chance to develop friendship beyond the bedroom as most Singaporeans are well-schooled.

Singapore is NOT a gay mecca for commercial sex but a gay haven for gay sexual encounters. Unlike in Thailand where gay bars and clubs parade their wares (oops boys) as sale items, the young guys in Singapore are always available via apps. One other thing is that almost all guys offer themselves FOC...barring those from the neighbouring countries offering massage services.

Singapore, in my own admission, is NOT boring although if one is looking for similar raunchy performance in the bars and clubs, one could be disappointed. There are currently something like 5 to 6 gay saunas in town, catering to the very needs of the niche gay community.

One added bonus besides not expecting a fee, most young lads here have beautiful bodies due to our compulsory military training. Instead of skinny twins, young Singaporeans have more muscular (not overdone to body builders standard) bodies.

Hence by and large, Singapore cannot be boring if and only if, one is willing to see it beyond the confines of commercial sex. One can certainly have a chance to develop friendship beyond the bedroom as most Singaporeans are well-schooled.

I agree with you.  Maybe the good physical qualities of boys is a combination of the mixture of Asian ethnicity, decent nutrition, exercise in schools and military service.  Intellectual qualities come from mandatory English teaching plus an ethnic language.

In my many visits to the island, starting in 2006, I did some tourism but I never went to a bar or disco there. Saunas were my charm.  Towel Club was my favorite. When it closed, One Seven became the most popular place with the crowd of the defunct Towel Club, which never reopened.  Instead what opened was Absolute, with some of the staff of the other sauna, and it became my new favorite and that of the attractive crowd with its events and foam parties, while One Seven started to decay. Then after many glorious years the owners of Absolute broke up, and Cruise Club came into existence and flourished while Absolute quickly withered and soon thereafter closed.  Meanwhile a small sauna Keybox had opened near the Lavender MRT station, initially with a nice collection of twinks. It closed too but reopened and merged with a scaled down One Seven. Other places I visited were Blue Heaven and Raw, later morphed into Queen Resort with the character Max Lim... From what I hear, today the sauna scene in Singapore has scaled down, with Cruise, Keybox, Ten Men for the chubby, Shogun for the sleazy  and... that's it.  

Now, for the normal tourists, there is some attraction visiting Santosa island, the Flyer wheel, the Marina Bay Sands, and a few little things more.  But for ME... after seeing these once I had only eyes left for the cute gays offering themselves "FOC" (for whatever this means)...   :)

FOC = Free of Charge, I'd guess...

Wow, three saunas out of four for the chubby guys? If true, that doesn't sound good!

Well, the chubby need more room and fewer can fit into one sauna, thus more saunas are needed...

NOOO.  You misunderstood.  Please read "Ten Men (for the chubby), Shogun (for the sleazy)..."

LOL!  "free of charge" sounds right.  This makes it convenient to fuck the FOC.

In malaysia, KL especially, sauna is the best for encounters and yeah, mostly mutual interest. There are a few saunas around, kakiku, mandi manda, otot2 being mentioned are the popular ones, theres also day thermos, oops, chakran to name a few. Then there's massage center exclusive for men, namely aromann, purnama, fresh, bbboy, sempurna, kursani and borneo native. fresh is the only one that actually offer full service on their pricing, while others were really up to you and the masseur. Aromann and purnama is in bukit bintang, better facilities and their prices reflect that, and it is out in the open, with proper licences, so masseur are fully clothes and the extra are usually very discreet and brief. Bbboy and sempurna only charge you massage, and tips discussed with the boy inside the room, so does the extra. Kursani and borneo is more of a proper ones, but cheaper, masseur almost always fully clothed and most only do HJ for HE, unless there's chemistry and again very discreet if it ever happened. There are a few more massage center and sauna around that i cant talked about since ive never visited them. There are also a few more freelance male masseur who do outcall or incall in nearby hotels around KL. i know a few bars and clubs cater for gays as well but ive never been to any of them, but they do have drag shows on weekends as far as i know from reading others experience

For fresh and bbboy, u just need to go there and see for yourself, ask the counter guy if u can see them first before massage. For the freelancer, some people actually asked for a video call, which i think is a great idea. Or else, asked to meet somewhere in public, like hotel lobby for example, that way, if he comes not as advertised, flee and pretend u dont know.

have made it to freshm2m two times, their second place/galery, as people already advised you need Mandi Manda sauna in Uber (they are getting worse) or Grab (had recommendation today from a local to use Grab). The massage shop has no sign board, but it's the same building.

Facilities are very basic, comparing with Thai I would say 'simple shop for Thais in non-tourist area'.

For prices - you pay 190 rm for how they call it "full service". Both time it was rough massage, fist guy was more willing (but he was just the second day working at the shop), the other guy was a bit aggorant. As you pay upfront to a manager, tips are recomended if you want to repeat with this certain guy. Although both times no slitest requests for tips from me - and i didnt leave any, as both times I was cut in time a little bit.

But bodies both times were excellent :)

(although pics at the web-site are photoshoped)

first guy from Vietnam

post-14053-0-00930300-1487431655_thumb.png

The other is from Myanmar

post-14053-0-23197000-1487431676_thumb.png

Yep, really great body. As for massage - after kind of complimenting him at strongest massage, he said "could do stronger".

On Sunday wanted to try the third guy - Forever (Thai?) - got an answer " he is not available today",

post-14053-0-06907500-1487864852_thumb.png

so turned my steps to their "1st shop / gallery". The way was more convenient from were I stayed, but had some real troubles finding the actual unit/lot within the building due to the manager's accent by phone.

My general impressions from Malaysia (KL in 2010 and Penang in 2015) were ok, but all gay discos and saunas I visited in KL allowed smoking inside, which totally put me off.

Singapore was not boring when I visited in 2014, unfortunately the one gay sauna I visited (Cruise Club) was not at all my style. http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2014/11/cruise-club-singapore.html

I don't like the smoking indoors either :( but its always been that way.

Its not a very smoke considerate country. 

Same goes for the vape centers ...

My nose hurts when i smell smoke. So if an indoor place reeks with cigarettes smell, id leave. I cant even sleep if my hotel room have some lingering cigarettes smells.

I can't stand smoke either but it may also be influenced by spending my youth with bouts of asthma attacks. 

Also vaping isn't considered "hazardous" by many and the smoke inhalation is different. its like flavoured smoke but I htink on a psychological level, it stlll bothers me somewhat even if it does lack the grainy aerated texture of tobacco smoke. 

The beer festival, the religious leaders are protesting against this and with the election coming, the gov decided to not grant permission to the organizer.

Upon further search, that event is actually on 6-7 oct. I am now not so sure what event got cancelled on 30/9

Maybe this is the event?

http://malaysiandigest.com/frontpage/29-4-tile/698711-gay-dance-festival-in-kuala-lumpur-let-s-see-what-the-religious-police-has-to-say.html

Agree the apps are the way to go in KL unless you happen to have a chance encounter with some of the lovely eye candy as you walk around. On a recent visit, I did not even go to a sauna. I met three guys from the apps and had three great encounters.

I had one massage from a guy from China. Great looks but average massage and very disappointing HE.

Ive used apps few times but mostly to talk to one of the freelance MB there. There are a few sauna that have a lot of locals, but they are a bit hidden and not easily accessible by public transport. I have been to one and there are quite an action there, eventhough some are a bit shy and reserved. I am not a sauna goer anyway, just went for the experience.

Most of my encounters have been to the severals massage centers, and again their location are a bit hidden since its illegal here. Almost all of them are in a shop lots second or this story and u have to take the small stairs to go up, minus a few (purnama and aromann are inside shopping malls) and aroma spa actually have small entrance on ground floor of the shop lots). There have been some police raids every now and then, mostly to catch immigrants who abuse social visit pass to work. Havent heard anyone got arrested and charge for patronizing these places though, but u wouldnt want them to interrupt your session anyway, hence incall freelance from craiglists or gay apps is better, as you will be inside one of the many hotels instead. Beware of fake profiles though, easily recognizable if u do reverse image search.

Ive used apps few times but mostly to talk to one of the freelance MB there. There are a few sauna that have a lot of locals, but they are a bit hidden and not easily accessible by public transport. I have been to one and there are quite an action there, eventhough some are a bit shy and reserved. I am not a sauna goer anyway, just went for the experience.

Most of my encounters have been to the severals massage centers, and again their location are a bit hidden since its illegal here. Almost all of them are in a shop lots second or this story and u have to take the small stairs to go up, minus a few (purnama and aromann are inside shopping malls) and aroma spa actually have small entrance on ground floor of the shop lots). There have been some police raids every now and then, mostly to catch immigrants who abuse social visit pass to work. Havent heard anyone got arrested and charge for patronizing these places though, but u wouldnt want them to interrupt your session anyway, hence incall freelance from craiglists or gay apps is better, as you will be inside one of the many hotels instead. Beware of fake profiles though, easily recognizable if u do reverse image search.

Hi Spoon,

What is a reverse image search?  and how do you do it?  Thanks