Guest DThump

What is the status of Thailand gay forums?

Alexa is a good indicator of traffic but easily manipulated by frequent users.  It only records users who have the Alexa toolbar installed (tech geeks, owners, etc.) and if an owner wants to inflate the rankings it is easy to do.  I am sure Moses knows this. But, I don't see the need to say one board is better than the other one. That is pretty petty IMHO.  To say one board has more traffic than the other one is just a guess.  I mean after all, we know which board is the most popular one right?  If you are reading this, you are reading the the top one! :)

Khor Tose, when you starting to talk about facts and West, I laugh.

I am very cynical, and I am immune from propaganda, cuz of long living in Russia, but look, are you serous about west and facts? Lets take a look at this picture, is it "fact"? That "fact" became (become?) price of 500 000 Iraqis life. Also it became (become?) birth point for ISIS. Do you really trust in bullshit which is cooked for you by CNN and other mass-media who supporting truth only till time while it is OK for their owners?

Please Alexx is correct.  I am not talking about the media, and you should know that a lot of Americans do know about how tragic, stupid and unnecessary our invasion of Iraq was/is, and history will surely portray it that way.  The particular area I majored in- in history-was the Middle East, and I told everyone that would listen that dumb ass Bush was making an incredible stupid mistake and yes ISIS is a direct result of that, along with Wahhabi teachings.   Unfortunately academics cannot control politicians, as they do what they want.  In the case of Iraq it was a dumb president wanting to avenge his dad, and a vice president that wanted to earn his old/present company a ton of money.  I am defending History in America and not the press, public or politicians.  Now tell me that Russia did not sign a treaty with the Ukraine, never to attack and then when the Ukraine destroyed the nuclear weapons they had, Russia turned and annex Crimea, imported troops, and weapons to Eastern Crimea, which all lead to the shooting down of a Malaysian plane.  Yes, the documents and evidence exits.  Go to your nearest college and you will find that kind of proof.  Or ask and next time I am at UW I will send the treaty, the radar photos and the picture of the 9M38 series BUK missle truck leaving the Ukraine right after the plane crash.  Documents, first hand accounts and physical evidence.  You might also study Adolf Hitler who constantly annexed neighboring countries claiming Germans were being persecuted.   Putin isn't even original with that tactics, and academics in that field know he is lying, and the conditions before Putin's invasion are very well documented.  No persecution of Russians and in some areas in the Ukraine under attack have almost no Russian in them. 

You both have a point, I think. Politicians are lying and thieving bastards the world over, with some notable exceptions obviously. The academic field of history and the way history is taught in schools, however, is probably nowhere as unbiased as in the West. It's not perfect there either, but as good as it gets in the real world.

Actually Alex it is not taught well in High School, but you can say nothing at the college level without documentation.  Where history DOES have a problem is not, not having the facts, but what facts you choose to use.  Often you can get different opinions by selecting what facts you choose to say are important and what are not.  Take George Washington for example.  A slave owner, a whiskey distiller, not a great general, charged congress for every dime he spent---a Bad Man?  No, he may have been a poor tactician, but he devise a brilliant strategy, he was a inspirational leader, he had a great eye for talent picking some of the most brilliant men to be his generals (Green, Arnold, Lafayette, Gates, Knoxs and very gay Von Stuben), he did not have control issues and once America was on an even keel he stepped out of power where he could have ruled until death had he wanted to--actually a very great man.  See what I mean?

Do stop going on about majoring in history(forty years ago?! as if it gives your opinions any more weight than anyone else's!

Quite right and is irrelivant to the topic as is the next post. Russia, Ukraine, WTF.

Now tell me that Russia did not sign a treaty with the Ukraine, never to attack and then when the Ukraine destroyed the nuclear weapons they had, Russia turned and annex Crimea, imported troops, and weapons to Eastern Crimea, which all lead to the shooting down of a Malaysian plane.  

Here we are talking about fact.

So you have fact: Russian signed treaty, but it been never approved by Russian parliament. Do you see now? Reason of absence to approve was: condition for that treaty was "Ukraine is going to join to CIS", Ukraine signed agreement to join CIS, but never approved joining in Ukrainian parliament, so Russian parliament never approved treaty with Ukraine. 1:1

Here we are talking about fact.

So you have fact: Russian signed treaty, but it been never approved by Russian parliament. Do you see now? Reason of absence to approve was: condition for that treaty was "Ukraine is going to join to CIS", Ukraine signed agreement to join CIS, but never approved joining in Ukrainian parliament, so Russian parliament never approved treaty with Ukraine. 1:1

Not what your country said to the west.  Here also is the Budapest Memo. in Russian.  Here is what Lavrov said to the west in English and here is a citation where it was said again  in Russian and this is on the web. 

Please what kind of moron thinks history and how it works changes in 40 years.  It is called history for a reason.  Who dresses this moron.

However, this does not belong on this topic as Dtrump correctly stated,.

This does remind me of Trump voters.  They are not stupid people.  They are believers who want to believe a certain way so badly that they never really challenge their own belief system.  Political Jehovah Witnesses rather then dumb people.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/russia-deletes-treaty-promises-over-ukraine-claiming-it-only-pledged-not-use-nuclear-weapons-1540440

http://www.bbc.com/russian/rolling_news/2014/05/140520_rn_medvedev_ukraine.shtml

Guest ronnie4you

Alexa is a good indicator of traffic but easily manipulated by frequent users.  It only records users who have the Alexa toolbar installed (tech geeks, owners, etc.) and if an owner wants to inflate the rankings it is easy to do.  I am sure Moses knows this. But, I don't see the need to say one board is better than the other one. That is pretty petty IMHO.  To say one board has more traffic than the other one is just a guess.  I mean after all, we know which board is the most popular one right?  If you are reading this, you are reading the the top one! :)

I must have missed this or I wouldn't have used Alexa in my later post. Sorry.

Khor Those, please don't mention about Budapest Memo - if you will make research then you will quick found: it hasn't been approved even one country, including Ukraine itself, nor USA, nor Russia, nor UK. What are you talking about?

not on topic  let us use PMs

not on topic  let us use PMs

Where is the problem? 

Unless gaythailand.com is running out of space on its servers, what is the cost of extending the scope of a thread when it naturally derives to other topics?  All the participants we can choose which threads to follow and which posts to read. What may not interest one person can interest another one.  I for example enjoy the discussion about history.  If not, I would not be posting here.

We should not give consideration to negative people who complain about threads going out of topic (in their opinion), about "trolls" posting in ways they see as interference (in their opinion). The only opinions that are relevant here are that of the owners of the site, and they exercise their will regardless.   Maybe this site is successful because it is not excessively moderated.

I think that history has changed for the better in the last decades with the explosion of information exchange, thanks to the Internet and other modern media. Future generations may have a more factual base of the history of our times.

But in particular this year's elections in the US have given us more reasons to be cynical and agnostic about the embellishments historians like to paint into their works.

Where is the problem? 

Unless gaythailand.com is running out of space on its servers, what is the cost of extending the scope of a thread when it naturally derives to other topics?  All the participants we can choose which threads to follow and which posts to read. What may not interest one person can interest another one.  I for example enjoy the discussion about history.  If not, I would not be posting here.

If this were the case there would be no reason to post topics of a specific nature, I you like dicussions of history what is stopping you from starting a historical topic?

If this were the case there would be no reason to post topics of a specific nature, I you like dicussions of history what is stopping you from starting a historical topic?

This is why I wrote "when (a thread) naturally derives to other topics."

This website is about gay Thailand.  No need to specifically open threads unrelated to this,

although some topics only marginally related can be interesting, and should be welcomed.

This thread about Thailand gay forums naturally included some history of these forums.  Then it digressed about languages, trusting of news, and how history is made.  Nothing evil here.  You can always return to the main topic.

This is why I wrote "when (a thread) naturally derives to other topics."

This website is about gay Thailand. No need to specifically open threads unrelated to this,

although some topics only marginally related can be interesting, and should be welcomed.

You do bring up an interesting point, for the past few months Gaybutton forum having a sub forum for everything else has divereged largely from being a gay forum to a political current events forum.

You do bring up an interesting point, for the past few months Gaybutton forum having a sub forum for everything else has divereged largely from being a gay forum to a political current events forum.

Thanks for the tip. These days I welcome any forum where I can vent my disgust over the political disaster in my country...

Guest Hutchison

Steveboy: " I think that history has changed for the better in the last decades with the explosion of information exchange "

Some words from the board's resident intellectual

Some words from the board's resident intellectual

Thank you, Hutchison.  

There is benefit in being intellectual:  strong intellect leads to strong fantasies about Asian boys, and when the fantasies materialize, strong performance   :D

And the rest becomes history...

I agree, and I backed off hard because this  IS DTump's topic and I have no right to hijack it from him.