vinapu

Massage adventures in Siem Reap

Thanks for the report Vinapu.

$30 tip for a massage, with no extras whatsoever (if that's what I read) is extraordinarily generous.

In Thailand if the masseur in a non-gay massage place suggests a tip for HR, he usually proposes 500 baht ($14).

I think if you are getting HR in Cambodia (without much else), $10 should be satisfactory & considerably less without.

I remember getting a morning massage in Vientiane Laos that went a little further than expected. He stripped off and offered hand relief.

Realising my wallet was running low, I managed to scrape together almost $10 in Kip, thinking it's barely enough. That was met with a very big smile. On my next visit, he jumped out of the chair to ensure none of the others got to me first. Which was exactly what I wanted. ☺

Anyway, there is no harm at all if wealthy people choose to spread it around a little.

On the other hand, those of us who need to save for retirement can also ensure expectations are met without overpaying.

Actually I agree with you re: tip left , if was way too much just for a massage , I guess before I went there I was expecting and prepare to pay for more.

On another hand it would be beautiful world if  our well being on retirement  depended on paying right amount of tip for massage so I gladly  let him to have that 20$ extra as most effective way for me to save money would be just not going for that massage for purpose of this research or even better,  stay home. 

most effective way for me to save money would be just not going for that massage for purpose of this research or even better,  stay home. 

You've summed up my strategy for surviving into later old age...when I reach the point of not being able to travel, the $$ I save will help stave off the effects of inflation and medical care.  Until then, I'll keep investing in the "charms" of Thailand...

Guest nickysgay

I would echo what has been said above. I have frequently had massages in Siem Reap with hand jobs, and the boys seem happy to accept $20 as a tip for that.

I would add the two Temple Massage places to this list. Not gay, but have handsome boys. No showers, but hey! The one in Pub Street is $14 for 90 minutes, the one in hospital street is $11. Good massage and handjob always available.

Guest 777ckl

let me add to the thread especially since Vinapu has been such a wonderful help on and off line. Got a massage at Barcode too. Love the room set up , much much cleaner and nicer than BKK ones (though I've only been to Arena and Prince). Massage was $15 and he was fully clothed. Didn't mind touching when near my hands, and of course got the "you want extra" and the negotiation of tip. Paid $20 tip so now total 40 and off came the clothes.  BUt it was at 5 or 6pm in the afternoon and only 1 boy to "choose" from.

Went to Bodia Spa the next day for a 2 hr session....while totally legit the male therapist sure didn't have a problem touching the right places, even if no HE. Total $50 was a blissful massage/scrub/cleanse in a great atmosphere. So enjoyed that too.

Last month I stayed at Siem Reap to visit Angkor

BLUE HATHA

Located close to the 84 Hotel.

4 boys behind glass and 2 in front of the glass. 

Massage was good and I left happy. I would have preferred to leave very happy, but boy was not into bottoming.

LINGA 

Walked a few times in front of Linga. Boys seem not to be on the street, only inside. Very discreet in Cambodja.

BARCODE

I went for a drink in the evening, not for massage.

Nice bar, nothing special, like you can find in many smaller cities around the world.