numazu

Bangkok/Yangon/Bagan/Mandalay Trip Report: Playing With Fire

High number of hits from limited number of reader only means we all keep checking up on your thread to see if youve read something new lol

Haha OK. I like pacing the posts so the individual days don't get lost in the shuffle. And I feel that the post length that i strive for is ideal for editing the post for an average of 15 minutes. Anything longer will require longer editing, and there are only a finite number of minutes in the day. Hopefully my post pace is not too slow for most of you guys.

Worse than expected, byogok market were out of electricity the for 2-3 days and its really hot and sweaty inside, not to mentioned its hard to see things in the dark lol. The traffic is bad, but mostly not because of too many cars, but rather poorly manage traffic light and road system. The cars there is a mixed of left and right hand side drivers, while the road follows US system, while the driver there dont follow traffic rules lol. But i dont like most cities for this very reason anyway, and i have low expectations on hygiene and cleanliness when visiting many asian cities, having lived 1 year in ho chi minh myself lol.

I love this Wall Street Journal article about the uniqueness of the existence of right hand drive cars in roads that have cars drive in the right lane in Yangon: http://www.wsj.com/articles/myanmars-fans-of-right-hand-cars-feel-wronged-by-state-ban-1482316381. Of course the traffic and chaotic driving is a general problem for big cities in developing Asian countries. It will probably only get worse in time until they figure things out and have a cultural shift to more discipline to obey basic traffic laws, or get more money for traffic enforcement, lane and road signage, and traffic lights and other tech advancement. As chaotic as it may seem, the Bangkok traffic gridlock is still, to me, much much worse.

Too bad you had those power outages when you went to Bogyoke Market. There were some power surges in Yangon Airport when I was there, and the lights turned off and on four times while I was waiting for my flight. But that was the only hiccup in an otherwise stable power while I was there for a few days.

I think you should  tip Kyaw a bit , just to keep with Christmas spirit. Tour could be expensive but likely he did not get much out of 200$ you paid.

Glad that even in moment of passion you did not forget yourself and remembered about playing it safe.

Certainly your Christmas Day of 2016 was one to remember for long time.

I fully intended to tip him and the driver but they just high-tailed out of there. One of my regrets this trip. The other big one is in Mandalay. To be posted. 

I always play safe, even with the BF. Especially with the BF (to protect him). I am sexually active with multiple partners so even if I am on PrEP, I still use a condom. I also have a gay doctor back home who I have regular visits to for STD testing and my annual physical.

I confess that your last installment bought the odd tear of sentiment to my eye; wonderful and heartfelt reporting.

Thank you Vessey. There was a lot of emotions in this holiday for me. It will show up in my writing for sure.

Is that you wearing the "Pattaya" shorts at the right edge of one of the photos?

I also noticed the bright colors at the picture of the Great Pagoda. I envisioned Burmese as rather drab dressers.

That is not me in the Pattaya shorts. Remember I was wearing a longyi the whole time I was on the pagoda level. That's not my style anyhow. The shorts I wear usually are in a drab Neutral Farang Hue™, and not in the color scheme of "I went to Pattaya and all I got were these garish-looking shorts."

The bright colors were a delight to see. Mostly worn by the women folk. The men's longyis are usually more muted in color. You do get the occasional red or green colored longyi though. 

Great report so far!

$200USD seems like a huge price for a tour in a third world country...

Did you find it value for money?

We did something similar in Phnom Penh earlier this month and the all in cost for 3 people was less than 100USD

So I've found out that to rent a car and driver for the whole day in Yangon is usually $80-$120, depending on what you are doing. So with a $100 car and driver, lunch for both of us, fees to ride or enter things, and the salary of the tour guide, I'd say it is more or less fair. We covered a lot of ground, and the guide was full of facts and was really knowledgeable. I'm sure as the country gains more in popularity with tourists, the cost will go down with more business and possibly more competitors that will cover the demand.

No worries, it's hard to imagine that anyone is bored! I love your reports so far, all of them. I just haven't had anything of interest to add to this series yet, so all I can offer at this point is a hug and some words of encouragement: please keep them coming! :)

Encouragement is good! Thanks Alexx. I do want to know once in a while what you guys think about my tour so far. From the hits, I know you guys are reading it. So please guys, keep the feedback/questions/discussion coming!

After arguing about which one for a while (he really didn’t want an expensive one), 

I'm not surprised, for poor boy  splurge on expensive one may seem as waste of money.

I realized it once when invited semi-regular boy to a bit flashy Japanese  restaurant  / it was Christmas Eve /, he did not seem comfortable and I thought it was food he did not like. Only later in hotel when asked he opened up  and told me that I should not  be wasting so much money. I got  what he meant immediately as it was not even that expensive .

$200 for a private tour in a private car all inclusive is actually ok value. Not cheap but for a private tour, its reasoable to me. But if you feel that u can make the tour yourself, with taxi, and just hire the guide, go for it. Thats what ill do if im on a budget.

Thanks for another excellent report.

Precise dates are largely irrelevant & anyone who does not want to be identified by work colleagues should be vague about such details.

Only thing that is missing is the date.

Precise dates are largely irrelevant & anyone who does not want to be identified by work colleagues should be vague about such details.

can I point out that Christmas Eve  ( see 'Christmas Yangoon Eve ' post ) is day before Christmas , and Christmas is Dec 25 so only vague thing is an actual year but from other numazu's reports we can safely assume it was last year.

Hope it helped

15 or 20 years ago at Mingaladon they used to park the transfer buses (there were no air-bridges) in front of the very dirty windows of the 'Departure Lounge'. This was to make it difficult, but not impossible, to see the Mig-29s taking off. You couldn't miss the noise though. Unfortunately there is a proposal to build a new 'Yangon' airport just outside Bago.

Unfortunately there is a proposal to build a new 'Yangon' airport just outside Bago.

Bago is about 90 km away. An airport there might work in countries with Shinkansen & Autobahns, but in the less developed SE Asian nations, that's going to be to long a journey.

He took a condom and put it on my cock. He applies more oil on my cock and oils himself up. He sits on my cock, and does enough thrusts for me to quickly cum.

There are reports that oil should not be used as lube because it weakens the latex. My only personal experience is from a disco, where in a safe-sex show condoms were blown up to about 10 liter volume and when you gently rub massage oil on them, they explode, whereas lube has no effect.

when I asked for a boy that could knead away my troubles, he recommended Tao, the massage boy from BBB Inn. 

Great and entertaining report

knowing Tao pretty well I had funny feeling reading your report like I'm hiding somewhere in the room and being voyeur of your adventure LOL. I'm glad you don't feel misled by this recommendation.

I only hope no gossip about me was exchanged :)

By the way ChristianPFC, if you recall we were dining few years ago at Wat Hualampong and I stopped Thai boy passing by. That was Tao of the above post fame.

Usually before any Bangkok trip ends, I always make sure I had at least 2000 baht saved in my wallet to keep for the next trip. This 2000 baht will be useful for the taxi ride to Silom (usually 500 baht), as well as the occasional bottled water or bite to eat.

I tend to do the same, maybe with larger sums.

In the era of low interest rates, it is both cheaper and convenient not to change excess forex back to GBP, if I'm going to go back within a year or two.

If I'm not planning to go back to a country for several years, I might still keep the foreign currency until any other trip and for example change Japanese Yen direct to Lao Kip, which saves one set of charges compared with always changing back to my home currency.

I check Cutey and Beautey in Thaniya Plaza, my usual go-to, and see that they were busy. I get down to the 1st floor and see that the haircut place there had a few spots for me. I walk in and get my 300 baht haircut, giving a 20 baht tip.…

I'm also a Cutey & Beauty customer. Was the alternative one you used the fairly new place on the Sala Daeng BTS side ? Were they good ?

I'm not surprised, for poor boy  splurge on expensive one may seem as waste of money.

I realized it once when invited semi-regular boy to a bit flashy Japanese  restaurant  / it was Christmas Eve /, he did not seem comfortable and I thought it was food he did not like. Only later in hotel when asked he opened up  and told me that I should not  be wasting so much money. I got  what he meant immediately as it was not even that expensive .

I get this with BurBoy all the time. I wanted him to get a taxi for us to get from Mandalay to Bagan and he wondered why I wanted to waste money on a taxi when a bus would take us there. Also he told me he wanted to visit Hua Him because he has never been. I was about to book a taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin but stopped when he said we can take a bus for 5% the cost. We never made it to Hua Hin. I told him that sometimes the extra time we spend on public transport is something I do not have when on vacation. I don't mind spending money to capture the time I would rather use for fun. I can understand economizing on hotels though. We could have probably stayed in a $30 a night Yangon hotel and it would be the same, since we were out touring most of the time anyway and did not spend too much time in the hotel.

But really, its a vacation. Life is too short. The Starbucks coffee I get everyday probably adds up to way more per week than what I could save with not getting taxis or nice hotels.

$200 for a private tour in a private car all inclusive is actually ok value. Not cheap but for a private tour, its reasoable to me. But if you feel that u can make the tour yourself, with taxi, and just hire the guide, go for it. Thats what ill do if im on a budget.

I would probably save money if I shopped around the Yangon tour companies. But a) the tour was great, b) we were not sure if there will be tours available and c) I did not know then what the taxi hire/guide situation was in Yangon. When I was younger I would just trust tour books and explore a place by myself. It probably will take more time to discover the must-sees, and I would probably miss out on places that local tour guides only know. If I find myself in Yangon again I will tour by myself without a guide for sure.

Thank you very much for sharing, I especially liked the train, colonial architecture, and temples.

Only thing that is missing is the date.

can I point out that Christmas Eve  ( see 'Christmas Yangoon Eve ' post ) is day before Christmas , and Christmas is Dec 25 so only vague thing is an actual year but from other numazu's reports we can safely assume it was last year.

Hope it helped

Thanks ChristianFPC, vinapu and z909. This was December 2016, just a month ago. 

Just to note that I Whenever you use the farang TM.

I was born in Farang Land™ but yes I am not white, so I am not farang per se. I am still looking for the correct Thai term for Asian-Americans.

15 or 20 years ago at Mingaladon they used to park the transfer buses (there were no air-bridges) in front of the very dirty windows of the 'Departure Lounge'. This was to make it difficult, but not impossible, to see the Mig-29s taking off. You couldn't miss the noise though. Unfortunately there is a proposal to build a new 'Yangon' airport just outside Bago.

Bago is about 90 km away. An airport there might work in countries with Shinkansen & Autobahns, but in the less developed SE Asian nations, that's going to be to long a journey.

I do wonder why they constructed the new international terminal in Yangon and still planned on building the one in distant Bago. This is almost like Mandalay Airport being as far as it is from Mandalay. I guess from this article (http://www.globalnewlightofmyanmar.com/steps-taken-for-construction-of-hanthawaddy-international-airport-project-in-bago/), I see that as Myanmar grows in popularity, that the current airport will have difficulty containing the demand. I read that the airport will be 77 km away, which is still far away. I hope they figure out the transportation situation.

These reports are getting addicting!  Love them!

Thanks! More to come! Its only Day 3!

There are reports that oil should not be used as lube because it weakens the latex. My only personal experience is from a disco, where in a safe-sex show condoms were blown up to about 10 liter volume and when you gently rub massage oil on them, they explode, whereas lube has no effect.

Yes, Was really surprised not only that the oil wasn't washed off, but additionally that it was used as extra lube. I had always understood that was unsafe.

Reports are great of course many thanks.

Yes, Was really surprised not only that the oil wasn't washed off, but additionally that it was used as extra lube. I had always understood that was unsafe.

He finishes and emerges wrapped in a towel. He takes his oils, as well as condoms and lube, to the bedroom.

I agree with both of you. I quoted the entry where I did say he brought some lube. I guess with the literary flow I just mentioned that he put more oil on my condommed cock, but in fact he used lube. But there is still some oil on my cock before he put the condom on. Not a lot on it but there were some. Oil is not the best lube and incompatible with condoms I'm sure. The fucking was not intense and lengthy, and the pressure probably is not the same as 10 liters of water in balloon, but still its not 100% safe for sure. Am I worried? No. I just got tested two weeks ago when I got back, and will continue to get tested throughout the year as a a sexually active individual, and continue to take PrEP.

It's not the first time I was a little bit reckless in Bangkok, and most likely won't be the last.

Great and entertaining report

knowing Tao pretty well I had funny feeling reading your report like I'm hiding somewhere in the room and being voyeur of your adventure LOL. I'm glad you don't feel misled by this recommendation.

I only hope no gossip about me was exchanged  :)

We talked about you for a little bit. He actually asked me how I knew you. I just made something up. I can't say I know you from this forum of course. And it wasn't pillow talk, don't worry. He is a professional, as you know. And I trust you implicitly, especially your recommendations. I'll talk about this in a future post, but there was a trip to Oasis for their world famous Vinapu's Chicken and Cashew Nuts.

I tend to do the same, maybe with larger sums.

In the era of low interest rates, it is both cheaper and convenient not to change excess forex back to GBP, if I'm going to go back within a year or two.

If I'm not planning to go back to a country for several years, I might still keep the foreign currency until any other trip and for example change Japanese Yen direct to Lao Kip, which saves one set of charges compared with always changing back to my home currency.

I'm also a Cutey & Beauty customer. Was the alternative one you used the fairly new place on the Sala Daeng BTS side ? Were they good ?

Since my trips to Thailand are about every 3 or 4 months (sometimes even 2 months) I don't bother converting any leftover baht, how ever large the sum is. I only convert (or take out of the ATM) what I budgeted for the trip. If I have some leftover I keep it for next trip, and don't miss it because it was budgeted.

There was a time last year between my July and September trips that I didn't even take out the baht out of my wallet. I don't usually have actual dollars with me when in America (plastic is used everywhere, even in bars), so the baht had room in my wallet.

I believe that the barber I went to was called Never say Cuts: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Never-Say-Cutz-at-Thaniya-Plaza/829574720414222. It is on the first floor of Thaniya Plaza and close to the Silom entrance on the right side (from google maps):

post-16149-0-57853500-1485926312_thumb.jpg

They were good, very reliable. They know how to cut asian hair obviously, so it was good for me. I'm sure they can take care of you.

And I trust you implicitly, especially your recommendations. I'll talk about this in a future post, but there was a trip to Oasis for their world famous Vinapu's Chicken and Cashew Nuts.

:rolleyes: Thank you but I wouldn't be that progressive , I report what I like and sometimes what I don't but this doesn't mean others will feel the same way

Always glad when somebody tries  what I recommend and is happy but wouldn't take any offence if he reports it did not work expected way. From time to time I get PM's stating that boy was not up to my accolades or , like just recently , that both Oasis and her Chicken with Cashews Nuts weren't as tasty as I seem to praise and it's pretty normal. Nobody will extract from me statement that I like Cola Zero or Diet Coke for example and still millions are gulping them as there's no tomorrow

But it can't be denied , chasing recommended boys is enormous fun even if at end of day they may  be a bit different than expected.

How i wish i can visit thailand as often, but hey, ill settle with the thai masseur that is working in my country for the time being :) once in a blue moon, the perfect thai guy comes here and i just hope itll happen more frequent lol. Just had my possibly last massage with my fav thai masseur yesterday, third time for the month. He'll go back to thai this weekend since he only comes with a tourist visa. He told me he'll be back after 1 week, but that was what he said before and he came back only after 7 month lol he work in hatyai while he is in thai, only using the apps.