numazu

Bangkok/Yangon/Bagan/Mandalay Trip Report: Playing With Fire

Presidents

7 back from Trump is Carter. (Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Trump)

Popes

5 back is Paul VI (Paul Vi, John Paul I, John Paul II, Benedict, Francis)

I don't think your mathematics is quite right. Seven back from Trump is Ford

1. Obama

2. Bush, George Walker

3. Clinton

4. Bush, George Herbert Walker

5. Reagan

6. Carter

7. Ford

Similarly you are one out with the Popes. Five back from the incumbent is John XXIII.

I think your error may have been to mistakenly include the incumbent in your count but to my knowledge neither has Donald J Trump yet been impeached nor has Holy Father Francis been assassinated.

Great. A small number of you got your victory by him blurring the faces. And a lot more of us lost by the non-continuation of the story.

Not really a victory or loss for anyone.  I think the intention  was to speak up on behalf of the guys in the photos.  

But if you want to see it in terms of winning or losing, personally, I'd rather than the story stop and the guy's privacy be protected.

It would be sad if the posts were only to continue in response to an everlasting flow of adulation and that a constructive criticism here were the reason for the pause in the story.

I'd hope that here and in Thailand we try to be smart about working guys' privacy. I think many or probably most on the board see these guys as more than just products for our gratification.

This whole thing now seems to be going round in circles so I'm going to try to resist the urge to get involved again.  

I don't think your mathematics is quite right. Seven back from Trump is Ford

-----

Similarly you are one out with the Popes. Five back from the incumbent is John XXIII.

I think your error may have been to mistakenly include the incumbent in your count but to my knowledge neither has Donald J Trump yet been impeached nor has Holy Father Francis been assassinated.

You are right.  Unless Thai English is different, "one back" means "previous".  So one year back means 2016, not 2017, and 2015 is two years back.

I WISH Carter was the 7th president back, because this would mean that we got rid of Trump!!

All of us enjoy a good gay read, especially by someone who takes us into places and situations we may not have ventured ourselves, or with guys we can vicariously lust after.  Rather than to continue to lament Numazu absence, I offer some of my favorite gay reads from the past, any of which will hopefully take your mind off Burboy, Shanboy, et al.

City of Night (John Rechy). A young man arrives in NYC in the early 60's and soon discovers Times Square.

Dancer from the Dance (Andrew Holloran). A strikingly handsome (and otherwise innocent) young lawyer is kissed by a Puerto Rican messenger boy while working late in his Manhattan office in the mid-70's and his life changes forever. Note: it has nothing to do with ballet.

My last offering may surprise. Bangkok 8 (John Burdett). It's a first rate mystery but the author makes it clear that it's a story of the love an Amerasian detective has for his Bangkok police partner, his soul brother since boyhood.

Perhaps others have suggestions to get us through these difficult times.

Presidents

7 back from Trump is Carter. (Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Trump)

This cannot be right.     

You cannot say Trump is 1 back from Trump.

Obama is actually 1 back from Trump.

So with a little counting, Carter is 6 back.

This cannot be right.     

You cannot say Trump is 1 back from Trump.

Obama is actually 1 back from Trump.

So with a little counting, Carter is 6 back.

Math is not the gift of everybody :(

But... if the marriage is lasting, what does it matter one Pope or president more or less? :)

But if you want to see it in terms of winning or losing, personally, I'd rather than the story stop and the guy's privacy be protected.

You got your wish. Congratulations. He stopped posting the story. We are left instead with post upon post of your smug self satisfaction.

Now my hope is for Numazu and Vessey to continue with their stories, even as this trip report seems lost. Otherwise all we will remember is emailbroken's posts.

Guest ronnie4you

Numazu is a good writer and story teller. I will read any book he writes. I'll even gladly read any more trip reports. The ones so far have been delightful.

The post about Puerto Vallarta was just icing on the cake.

Welcome Back!

Thanks! I never left! I just went on a posting vacation for a bit. Plus I was busy hiding out in Mexico.

Great post. Thank you for the insight on Mexico City. Because of this I am considering a trip down there to check it out. Anymore tips would help.

I'd caution any newbie to sex tourism to try out Mexico as their first foray into it. Thailand is still the tops in terms of Sex Tourism and Mexico has totally different way of getting it and doing it. It's still kind of dangerous to roam around the streets late at night if you don't know where to go. But resort cities, like Puerto Vallarta and Cancun though, are completely safe at night, if you stay within the tourist zones. Luckily Zona Romantica, where Vallarta's gay district is, and where the two male strip clubs are, is super safe.

BUT, again as I said, if you manage to crack the code, and know how to enjoy this place, the variety of guys you get to choose from are simply mouth-watering. And for someone like me who likes a lot of passion in their love making, the latino heat that these guys are known for, is evident and super addicting once you get a taste of it. One poster who I've been talking to told me that Mexico is like reverse of Thailand. Thailand has a preponderance of twink types, and the Tawan types are the rare breed of moneyboy. In Mexico, its the opposite, the Tawan or Jupiter type (probably the idealized Tawan type - a hunk with definition and vascularity, not the bloated steroid bodies in Tawan that I've seen) is more common than twinks, if you are looking for moneyboys. The twinks exist, believe me. And they are usually free!

Awesome sharing, its like im living your life reading your writings!

The only way I know how to write. Thanks!

Less than two weeks till I am in Bangkok. I can't believe it.

Just a note. You reports are great to read and make me think again of visiting Myanmar.

Many years ago I made a wonderful trip along the Thai and Cambodian boarder.

Korat, Buriram, Sisaket and finally Ubon Ratchathani.

Every day was a new thrill. Visiting the Khmer Temples.

An adventure that still lives in my mind at 76 years old!!

Many thanks for sharing!!!

I intended this to just be a one time post because of user Mark311088 had his question about massage places. I think this trip report's time in the sun has set and I am dangerously close to my next BKK trip to be able to finish. I am also still in Mexico right now so won't have time to post anyway. But who knows, maybe I'll continue and finish this report when things calm down on my end.

Just a note. You reports are great to read and make me think again of visiting Myanmar.

Many years ago I made a wonderful trip along the Thai and Cambodian boarder.

Korat, Buriram, Sisaket and finally Ubon Ratchathani.

Every day was a new thrill. Visiting the Khmer Temples.

An adventure that still lives in my mind at 76 years old!!

Many thanks for sharing!!!

That's awesome GWMinUS! Thank you for the compliment! It truly is an amazing part of the world. I want to visit Vietnam and Laos next but who knows when i will be back to SE Asia after this April trip. But I hope that I too am going on adventures that are memorable enough to be vivid in my mind when I am 76 years old. 

I think this trip report's time in the sun has set and I am dangerously close to my next BKK trip to be able to finish. I am also still in Mexico right now so won't have time to post anyway. But who knows, maybe I'll continue and finish this report when things calm down on my end.

Please keep writing Numazu............complete the Bangkok report where we are all held in suspense.........more on Mexico........and your forthcoming Songkran Trip. Your reporting is legendary and you would be a worthy winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Please keep writing Numazu............complete the Bangkok report where we are all held in suspense.........more on Mexico........and your forthcoming Songkran Trip. Your reporting is legendary and you would be a worthy winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Numazu, you can't keep your loyal followers hanging on like this!