TomNg

Massage places in Malate and El Nido ?

I visited Manila and El Nido 12 months ago but was with my partner.

I'm sure Manila has lots of massage places but El Nido is like a small village and I only saw massage parlours provided by females (unless I didn't look hard enough)

Thanks WelshGuyUK.  That is what I suspected :-) 

I also stay 2 nights in Malate, any recommendations in that area?

No

Sorry I had my partner with me so I didn't (or couldn't) go exploring whilst there !

You will not find Gay Massage Places in the Philippines.

No happy endings...

Thanks to the Catholic Church and years of shy locals.

There is a chain of massage parlors named Nuat Thai. All over the City.

Most have male masseuses. And several massages are offered.

I am afraid most massage is done at the Spa or your Hotel.

OH, there are many men on PlanetRomero offering Massage and I assume other services.

.  The Pan Pacific in Malate is perfectly situated and I had no problem with joiners, but this was 15 yrs ago. 

FYI   A friend told me that Malate is no longer safe at nights because of the legal killings

A friend told me that Malate is no longer safe at nights because of the legal killings

I suppose it depends on what threshold your friend uses for assessing safety & psychological influences. 

For example, people worry a lot more about being killed by sharks than much higher probability causes of killings.

I would have thought the risk of an innocent tourist being gunned down in one of Duterte's drugs killings is rather low.

Perhaps the risk is no higher than the risk of being killed by some Islamic terrorist in London or Paris.

I don't recall hearing about western tourists being gunned down by the police in the Philippines in drive by shootings.

So in the absence of any real data, I'm not planning to let the risk of a random shooting change my behaviour. 

Or more concern would be the risk of a mugging that's targeted at the white guy, due to a perception that this is where the money is.   Is even that anything to really worry about ? 

I suppose it depends on what threshold your friend uses for assessing safety & psychological influences. 

Or more concern would be the risk of a mugging that's targeted at the white guy, due to a perception that this is where the money is.   Is even that anything to really worry about.

It seems to be as there are less people in Malate at night, and rogue cops are also doing robberies.  Also, told that because of the crime and the tensions in the area that most tourist are now staying in or near Makati and not Malate anymore, but would love an update from someone going to Manila.  My information comes from a friend who lives in Angeles City and rarely gets to Manila.

In the past I have stayed several times at the PanPacific.

But it has been several years ago and I find the report from KhorTose very bothersome!

Several of the Gay Bars and Discos where just down Adriatico at Remedious Circle.

However times change and I think Makati is much better.

If you are looking for a moderate priced hotel, check the Best Western Hotel. Or one of the Serviced Apartments on Ayala Ave.

There used to be one Gay Club very near the Best Western. Not sure if it is still open??