emailbroken

Tawan now the gogo bar of last resort

Hate saying it but this place really seems to be on its last legs.  Was there just after midnight and frankly none of the guys on show were bodybuilders or anything close.  In fact one particularly fat kid seemed to be the lead in most of the numbers on stage.  It was so bad it actually felt uncomfortable to watch.

Also, not thrilled about the behaviour of the barker out front. Spikey haired guy with the tatoos.  It was after midnight and I hadn't really intended going in.  He stopped me and i said 400 baht was a bit much for one hour, so he said ok 200.  I didn't haggle, he suggested.  Of course I was charged 400 and he completely denied afterwards.

The two hundred baht isn't really a big deal, I just dislike the dishonesty.

Frankly, the place generally has a whiff of desperation about it, which to me isn't very sexy.

[quote name="emailbroken" post="103595" timestamp="1486233324He stopped me and i said 400 baht was a bit much for one hour, so he said ok 200.  I didn't haggle, he suggested.  Of course I was charged 400 and he completely denied afterwards.

TiT!

I hope somebody in BKK now does another survey to see if it's really that bad or OP just had bad luck or is just upset over drink price bar  BS . I'd cry my eyes out if they close.

On another hand if somebody would visit Jupiter just past midnight he will be of the same opinion - empty bar and no boys and still 1 hr earlier was packed with  customers and beauties, Truth is , usually best boys are snatched early.

I hope somebody in BKK now does another survey to see if it's really that bad or OP just had bad luck or is just upset over drink price bar  BS . I'd cry my eyes out if they close.

On another hand if somebody would visit Jupiter just past midnight he will be of the same opinion - empty bar and no boys and still 1 hr earlier was packed with  customers and beauties, Truth is , usually best boys are snatched early.

Was there the previous night.  There are quite a few guys that really are very badly out of shape.  

I asked two of the Tawan boys (one young at 24 yo, one older at 3x yo) about bodybuilding competition. To them, it is costly to  buy supplements & train up for the competition. So, maybe the % of boys training for competiton is not that many.

If the Tawan bar owner could impose a stricter requirements for the boys to stay fit & muscular, there will not be so much disappointment. Without which, most of the boys would slack and the bar loses its appeal.

It was after midnight and I hadn't really intended going in.  He stopped me and i said 400 baht was a bit much for one hour, so he said ok 200.  I didn't haggle, he suggested.  Of course I was charged 400 and he completely denied afterwards.

And what did you finally pay? Not necessarily dishonest, might just be poorly organized. I negotiated a discount in Soi Twilight (300 instead of 400), the receipt showed 400, but when I told cashier that I was told 300, they changed it and I paid 300.

Some people might not find it worth the trouble negotiating with doorman, and then when paying discussing it again with cashier, but I have seen the average drink price increase from 200 to 400 in about 7 years, extrapolating this means in 2025 average drink price will be 1000, and Dream Boys will lead with 1500 (drink price!).

but I have seen the average drink price increase from 200 to 400 in about 7 years, extrapolating this means in 2025 average drink price will be 1000, and Dream Boys will lead with 1500 (drink price!).

on  another hand boys tips did not go up much, on my first trip back in 2001 I was instructed that long time tip is 2000 and probably still in BKK and certainly in Pattaya one may have overnight  company for the same amount

In fact one particularly fat kid seemed to be the lead in most of the numbers on stage.  It was so bad it actually felt uncomfortable to watch.

i suspect he is the same fat guy performing more than a decade ago. some of thhe buff guys like tong and dee does not seem to want to be in the show. so that fat guy seems to hog the shows, performing a few of the acts in the show, either as dom in the s&m act or one of the couple in the fetish act.

it was different a decade ago where some cute hunks were part of the show and their show, even though not as energetic as dreamboys were heavenly.

"Tawan now the gogo bar of last resort"

last re·sort
noun
noun: last resort; plural noun: last resorts
a final course of action, used only when all else has failed.
"asking them to leave the school should be a last resort"

is contradictory to "this place really seems to be on its last legs"

No, the point is that I'd only suggest going there after all other options fail.  As per the definition, a final course of action. Something being the "last resort" doesn't imply in any way that it is something that will be a solution, merely that it should be the last option.

Something being the "last resort" doesn't imply in any way that it is something that will be a solution, merely that it should be the last option.

For what it's worth, I misunderstood your thread title as well. For me it sounded a lot like, "If you didn't get lucky finding a guy at any of the bars, try Tawan (as a last resort to save the night)"... While that does sound like being the last option, to me it also sounded like it's worth giving it a shot.

And "last resort" has a sad ring in it, like some kind of resignation, fatalism.

Shouldn't a gogo bar inspire optimistic excitement and happy expectations?

I've been to Tawan this weekend and I think its okay since the show is really explicit and totally unexpected. The guys are mostly bodybuilders though the hot guy I offed was not that big, though gym-fit (the part on him which I did not see during the show was the one who is really BIG, lol).