JimmyJoe

Amara Hotel Bangkok joiner policy

Does anyone have experience with the Amara Hotel on Surawong? I have stayed there and liked it very much. I did not have any opportunity to bring overnight guests. But I will be able to on my next visit, hopefully.

I was wondering if anyone knows what their joiner policy it. I emailed them asking, but could not get a clear answer.

Guest roguebear

I stayed at the Amara with boyfriend for 9 nights last December.  One night the security guard asked me about boyfriend joining, but I informed him that he was a registered guest.  So not sure if they just wanted to collect his ID or if they had a problem with joiners. Boyfriend was not happy about the request and my other friend, unbeknownst to me, reported the incident to management.  We found a letter of apology and a gift basket when we returned the next day.  Boyfriend seemed to appreciate the gesture.  I had another friend visit daily and he had no problem coming and going from our room during the day.  We really enjoyed our stay in the Club room.  Club rooms are the largest and they were not that big.  We plan to stay there again and would book only the Club room.  Club rooms give you access to the lounge where you can have a more intimate breakfast than going to the main dining room.  The lounge has a free happy hour with snacks in the evening.

I had a similar experience at the Amara. I stayed in a club room. Beautiful room and view. Their rooftop infinity pool overlooking the city is also quite wonderful, especially early morning when you have it to yourself.  Intimate breakfast in the lounge with city view and great food choices.
I also had a Thai friend come and go as he pleased, unquestioned by staff, during the day. But I don’t know what the reaction, if any, would have been if he’d come up for the night.
I will certainly be staying there again, hoping they don’t discriminate. But I’ve understood it’s unusual for this category of hotel to object to joiners, though some do.

32 minutes ago, reader said:

Have stayed there many times in past and highly recommend it. 

Rooms are not particularly large but very well appointed. Bed is super comfortable. 

It’s about a seven minute walk to Patpong. No problem at all with guests.

Great roof top infinity pool.

+ 1

• Members
38 minutes ago, 18past19 said:

Many thanks.  

i was surprised to see Amara deals whilst others such as Crowne plaza and Le Meridien have all gone back to pre pandemic rates.  

So, if the Amara hotel price is about the same or even higher than Crown Plaza or Le Meridien, would you still book Amara?

8 hours ago, scott456 said:

So, if the Amara hotel price is about the same or even higher than Crown Plaza or Le Meridien, would you still book Amara?

I’d still choose Amara. Have used (and been satisfied with) Crowne Plaza but Amara is newer and I like the vibe. Walking time from Patpong about same. 

Amara’s key clientele was middle class Chinese travelers. When China opens up more, these bargain prices may well go south. I’d jump on them while they last. They recently started a membership program that offers 10% discount.