alex303

Kawaii bar Pattaya good or bad bar ?

Rarely post on here but a couple of negative experiences by friends have led me to do so about one particular bar...

Friend 1 - took off cute Bottom boy from Kawaii bar, all went reasonably well...but after the boy had left my friend noticed that a bottle of expensive Cologne had disappeared plus a couple hundred in dollars.  Friend 1 has been travelling to Patts for many years so perhaps should know better than to have unsecured quantities of cash in the room but neverless pretty brazen act of theft by the off.

Friend 2 - hooked up with another guy from Kawaii multiple times, got to like him quite a lot so when said boy (No.13) expressed a strong desire to want to go home Issan and see the family he helped him do so.  Over time they became BF's, all was well for a few weeks / month, the boy was helping his family look after his sick Grandfather and plans were afoot to continue his education.

After a few weeks though the messages & contact slowed up (just after his BF had his bi-monthly support allowance funnily enough) and Friend 2 sensed something was wrong ..mid week they had an exchange of LINE messages that did not improve things.  His BF then goes quiet no response, next thing Friend 2 notices that BF has blocked him on facebook and will not answer LINE messages or calls.

Friend 2 manages to check out his BF's facebook page ( the same day he was blocked ) via another friend and notices that BF is now back in Pattaya already.  So must have set off the day before at least as a days travelling from his home in Issan back to Patts, bearing in mind that his BF had been telling Friend 2 he'd been taking care of Grandfather who's suffering with cancer at the time...

Further study of his BF's facebook pages determined that the boy has either a new / another farang BF and was trying to string things out keeping 2 BF's on the go.

Whilst we all know this sort of stuff goes on all the time, its unusual for me to hear 2 very negative reports like this so close together about the same bar but different boys.  I'm NOT a newbie myself i.e. 20 years of traveling Asia & LOS before the flaming starts...but I am curious to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences of the same bar recently.

I certainly would not paint a Bar with that Brush.  The Bar hires attractive boys (in their opinion) in order to sell drinks and get off fee.

They don't do background check nor could they and :

1. Anyone who leaves hundreds lying around is at fault for stupidity. Cologne happens all the time . Just buy the fake cologne , and they'll never take it.

2. The BF story happens all the time . It has nothing to do with the Bar but more with a gullible customer that thinks a few days or even a few weeks can find him a sincere BF.  Yes as always there are exceptions and some have found long time BF's but in almost all cases they had to be willing to not look for the next cute boy. So what should they be surprised when the boy looks for the next rich customer.

The Bars sell drinks and offs and cannot assume responsibility for stupidity.  Oh and by the way we have a recent story about someone ranting and raving about money being stolen and then he found where he had hidden it and forgotten. ( just saying)

Thanks Firecat I am fully aware these things occur all the time, but frankly in some bars these things are considerably less likely to happen then others.  20 years of travelling The Kingdom has shown me that much.  A bar where a regular customer is more well known & respected plus the management exercise a little more discipline (e.g. Toyboys and in its day Funnyboys under mama Rose) would be a lower risk and than certain other establishments.

Friend No.1 did not miss-place his money...the boy who stole it was out the next day re-equipping his wardrobe at some expense and tacity admitted it to my friend when gently confronted later...

By the way what you refer to as 'gullible' in Friend 2 could also be considered kindness, there is a lot more to that story to back this up but frankly that's not for a forum.

Thanks for sharing anyway.

Have been to Kawaii Bar a number of times and have enjoyed the experience. Only went off with just one boy on multiple occasions and no problems at all.

Will have to look for #13 next time to see if he is still there.

keep in mind somebody else may be using that number and buy in question if any may be wearing different number.

I agree with firecat that people are stealing , not bars so even if that happened it was boy who steals not  a bar.

Oh and by the way we have a recent story about someone ranting and raving about money being stolen and then he found where he had hidden it and forgotten. ( just saying)

If you meant story from Raya I published not long ago I'd like to confirm, farang made big stink I was witness of about alleged theft  and then few days later he had gut to admit on one of forums that  he made idiot of himself because he found money forgotten in his luggage.

... but frankly in some bars these things are considerably less likely to happen then others.  20 years of travelling The Kingdom has shown me that much. 

I'm sorry to hear it was your experience  but this generalization may apply only to you as if that would be a case we had recurring  reports and PM's  circulating that  boys  from Fucking Boys Bar are stealing and massage boys from Fucked Boys Massage and Deli have sticky hands.But definitely it is not a case.

While reports of dishonesty are appearing here and there , certainly there is no pattern  that any establishment can be singled out or pointed on as place to watch one's watch or wallet.  

Vinapu...#13 name is Arm (from Ubon), so that should avoid mistaken identity

Bars themselves don't steal...agreed (unless they over-charge etc)...but I do firmly believe that those where there's a lack of discipline over their staff, you will find customers have more issues with boys.

If the boys mess a customer around or steal from them and the customer tells the bar afterwards and the boys gets disciplined it keeps a certain amount of order.

If there is no control from the managers, mamasans, waiters...the boys will think that they can get away with more bad behaviour.

Vinapu...the truth is a lot of people do not talk nor post about their bad experiences, human nature.

I know pretty much all the current group of BT managers and mamasans and some of them I consider friends, over the years heard a lot of things from them about their own guys in private...there's good and bad everywhere.  So no my generalization as you put it does not apply only to me.

Bars themselves don't steal...agreed (unless they over-charge etc)...but I do firmly believe that those where there's a lack of discipline over their staff, you will find customers have more issues with boys.

If the boys mess a customer around or steal from them and the customer tells the bar afterwards and the boys gets disciplined it keeps a certain amount of order.

If there is no control from the managers, mamasans, waiters...the boys will think that they can get away with more bad behaviour.

So Arm # 13 has two advantages, first he must be very attractive , if two farangs fell in love with him over short span of time , second he is very smart that he managed to milk both of them of some money.

Boys working in bars are not doctors or accountants , they are money boys and their job is to make money of their clients .

It is not their fault that farangs are falling in love with them nor they should be accused to take an advantage of temporary favourable job conditions.

Often we are accusing boys about betrayal of our love forgetting that said love is most likely only one way road.

Love can be found everywhere , granted,  but boy bar  should not  be even on third page of the list of   places to look for  it. Thinking otherwise is delusional even if it happens from time to time.

Overcharging by bar is not theft, it' s rather  robbery, some of us are submitting to willingly and gladly.

I'm not against employee discipline  but  employer acting on any accusation  would be outright unfair and plainly stupid. We , their clients are not saints and can be vindictive,  hot headed and dishonest too.

There are bars which are disorganized but I don't think there's even one which can be singled out as a source  particular risk to our possessions.

Vinapu...the truth is a lot of people do not talk nor post about their bad experiences, human nature.

I know pretty much all the current group of BT managers and mamasans and some of them I consider friends, over the years heard a lot of things from them about their own guys in private...there's good and bad everywhere.  So no my generalization as you put it does not apply only to me.

agreed  but eventually news are seeping in to general population, exactly  case of your post above , your friends did not spoke but their friend i.e. you did. this is how news are travelling.

Boys are not saints and always pays to be vigilant  but even on this forum one can find plenty members with lots of Thai experience who may tell stories about boys being lazy and insincere but mercilessly very few are musing about thefts by the boys.

I, for one must say   in 15 trips did never  spent night alone, be it with short or long  term hire but always somebody,  most any boy help himself with was drink from the refrigerator without asking.

So even if boy is lazy and instead of entertaining me he puts me to a sleep , my sleep is sound because I'm not afraid he will rob me and days I was attractive enough to be raped in my sleep are gone as well, LOL

I don't quite agree with that. In many cases members may not know a single member or may know 1 or 2 and so no reason not to voice their experiences and of course the few members who know many other members, I would expect that information to be shared for their protection.

I can't even add up the boys I have seen in 15 years but I'm sure it is over 1000.  

1 theft, it was a big one that I posted about . He took my iPhone but he was a practiced thief who left a copy in its place and thus I did not realize it until he was long gone..  Might have had 1 cologne taken but cannot be positive I actually put it in my toiletry bag.

Looks like a pretty good % to me and I'd venture to say better then any other place in the world for paying for Sex.

I think the posts on this Forum of positive experiences with boys is 10-1 at least in favor of positive experiences.

Eventhough I had 7 losers from Jupiter it represents a pretty small % of my offs in 15 years.  Boys are not Robots they are human beings just like us and they have good and bad days.  

On a scale of 1-10 I would guess only 5% did not score at least a 6 with me and of course most scored 7-10.  I think that is pretty good in any job.

I am trying to remember and I think i have had one theft over the years from bar boys and that was a Pinnochio boy from Prague ( E addict stole some toiletries) and i saw some very rough boys in Prague. In Thailand the only "trouble" I have had here is a couple of dead buffalo stories which i dont mind and even they have been few and far between. 

some of my friends have had a lot of problems but they have a tendency to get drunk and that has never been a good idea specially because some nights they have had no idea what they have spent so they have no clue if money truely is missing.

Thailand for me is also a far higher succes rate in regards to preformance in bed very few duds 

Vinapu - No #13 Arm was not really terribly smart IMHO as he gave up a life of being VERY well taken care of by Friend 2 for a short term view...but that's often the way with young barboys, they think as far as the next party, whiskey, off...in my own experience things that go that way generally go bang again and the boy ends up eventually back at square 1.

A smart boy takes the opportunity and does something better with his life...seen it first hand with some of my ex BF's who were with me for long term (as in years) and I'm still friends with, a few examples

1 left Pattaya and now works a very good job in the Airport at BKK

1 left Pattaya and now co-owns a large fruit plantation in Laos

1 left Silom and now works well know cabaret show in BKK

In each case the boy was smart enough to get himself in a better place for when his looks eventually faded and he was less 'popular' on the stage.

The truth is some boys are better than others, its as simple as that.  Even the boys have their own opinions on who's quote a 'good boy' or not, when you spend more time around them they talk more to you about this.

Its not so hard to work out if a BF's playing games or not eventually and the internet makes it a damn sight more easy.

I would give decent mamasans more credit than to act on every accusation, if they've know you on & off for 5-10 years (the ones that stay in the job for that long) they know whether your a trouble maker or just telling it to them as it is.

Speaking personally me..,in 20 years travelling and 17 years of those visiting bars not been outright 'robbed' by a boy I offed from bar or app.  That is of course assuming I wasn't too mau mau to notice...but hence my surprise hearing 2 bad stories in quick succession about boys from the same bar.

Alex303, Maybe you are looking at it through your friends eyes rather then reality.  In reality these boys know many stories of a visitor looking to be their BF and it goes alright for awhile and then the one who is paying decides he just saw a new boy and he wants to try him and then maybe the monthly stipend stops.

With good reasons on both sides there is little reason to trust in a long term result. And yes I know personally of some that have lasted for a long time but they are a small % and the fault may be with either or both.

But the person with the money is always in the better position then the boy is to continue his life.  So don't be so easy to judge a boy who has no reason to trust and thus looks to increase his chances.

For anyone who does not live in Thailand or take the boy to his country, there is very little chance it will be a real romance that will last the test of being a couple.

Friend 2 - hooked up with another guy from Kawaii multiple times, got to like him quite a lot so when said boy expressed a strong desire to want to go home Issan and see the family he helped him do so.  Over time they became BF's, all was well for a few weeks / month, the boy was helping his family look after his sick Grandfather and plans were afoot to continue his education.

After a few weeks though the messages & contact slowed up (just after his BF had his bi-monthly support allowance funnily enough) and Friend 2 sensed something was wrong ..mid week they had an exchange of LINE messages that did not improve things.  His BF then goes quiet no response, next thing Friend 2 notices that BF has blocked him on facebook and will not answer LINE messages or calls.

Gentlemens!   who never fell in Love to Thai boy Angel smile? who never got "buffalo story? who never help boy desire in some way?     please lift your hands!!!

Personally,  I get all and I am glad for it 

My answer IMHO is yes - it is a good bar. I visit frequently. Cute boys, everyone dance on stage unlike some other bars, the boys are obviously enjoying themselves which makes visiting the bar a fun experience, I only had good experience with the boys there, the mamasan is not annoying, the drink prices are ok (170 for both customer and boydrink). I only have good to say about the bar.

Please keep in mind that boys in the bars often change numberbadge before being too sure who nr 13 was at that moment in question.

Firecat - what your referring to was actually what I was trying to say in a way...in all likelihood the guy that #13 is now with will probably tire of him inside a few months would be my suspicion from the way things unfolded.  However the guy that #13 left ( Friend 2 ) was actually really into him and is a fairy serious guy, people who are not serious don't help their BF's return to high school to finish off their education as a priority.

Either way #13 has made a dash back to the bright lights of Patts and that's his choice.

Rest assured I do see things from both sides though as have heard enough stories from ex BF's and 'dates / offs' of when things have gone wrong with their former farang BF's to last a lifetime...so I'm definitely not saying its always the boys fault.

Speaking personally though I can honestly say I never finished up with one of my long term BF's for another guy, biggest issues were usually trust, communication and cultural and yes it IS very 'challenging' when your living in 2 separate countries.  But do I regret any of those relationships...No...most of my ex's are still friends with me and I'm proud of what some of them have gone on to do.

Speaking personally me..,in 20 years travelling and 17 years of those visiting bars not been outright 'robbed' by a boy I offed from bar or app.........but hence my surprise hearing 2 bad stories in quick succession about boys from the same bar.

that makes sense and puts an original post in different light

Gentlemens!   who never fell in Love to Thai boy Angel smile? who never got "buffalo story? who never help boy desire in some way?     please lift your hands!!!

my underline

call me an asshole but other than rather generously tipping them for their company and services I never succumbed to dead buffalo like stories and even very  very few who requested taxi money got it.

Few times I bought them some gift but it was either on my own initiative  or expense was very minor like underwear or jar of fish for boy's sister.

Since thread is about Kawaii,  perhaps I should state that while visited  bar twice ,  ( on one occasion with biguyby from our forum ), boys from there were as far from my type  as possible so I'm trying to defend their reputation out of good heart with no personal involvement at stake.   

A good bar! Based on many visits and taking several boys over the last 7 years.

Boys change numbers, however I had a boy Arm #13 from there (26oct2016, big tattoo of a head of a tiger on his neck below Adam's apple, PM me for picture, tattooes are a much better way to refer to boys, although I prefer boys without tattoos). We did only short time, and I would recommend him to friends and take him again.

As for helping boys, in most cases we can only alleviate the symptoms, but not fight the underlying cause.

Your new friend has lost his mobile phone or dropped it and it broke? You can buy him a new one, but some day he will drop or lose this as well. In 17 years, I have never lost or dropped a mobile phone.