captainmick

Correct Location on Forum for Posts on Taiwan

A thread has appeared in the GAY THAILAND section which refers to travel to Taipei and includes a link to a well written post from another board. Very clearly this has been posted in the wrong section of this forum and one member has suggested it is relocated to GAY ASIA. This has resulted in a ridiculous and tedious war between a couple of undignified posters. There is a section in GAY ASIA titled Gay-China-Taiwan-Hong-Kong-Macau which is clearly the appropriate place for this thread or perhaps a new dedicated TAIWAN section could be added within GAY ASIA.. Having the thread in GAY THAILAND is akin to finding a guide book on London under the France section is a travel bookshop which is clearly a nonsense. May I respectfully suggest that the moderator / owner of this excellent board moves the thread to the correct location. This board is an excellent travel resource but is is important that threads are filed / posted in the right location so people can easily locate them when planning a trip.

From my perspective there are two many sub-forums both in the Gay Asia and the Gay Thailand Business forums.

As a result worthwhile and interesting posts do get lost and do not get the attention they deserve.

I would suggest that there be the Gay Thailand Forum; a Gay Asia Forum; and a Thailand Business Forum (any business not just gay), plus the Beer Bar, and no sub forums within each of the main forums.

Another idea would be to appoint an impartial moderator who could move topics to their proper category if necessary. This is what is done on the Thai Visa Forum. Obviously Firecat and Kokopelli should recuse themselves from such an appointment.

Finally if there is no moderation or moderator to enforce the rules, then just eliminate all the forums and lump everything together in one big catchall forum which would serve no one's purpose.

After a bit more thought, the Gay Asia forum could be expanded into a Global Gay forum which could include any country in the world not just restricted to Asia.

I recall on informative post with many photos,I believe posted by Firecat, that was somewhere other than in Asia or Thailand.

For anyone who knows how to use the forum, the existing forum structure works very well.

1  Topics on Taiwan etc can be placed in the appropriate forum, so anyone planning a trip there can easily find the correct topics in future.

2  People who browse the forum and want to see ALL topics can edit their bookmark to show the View New Content option, which includes new content from all forums.

Here is an example:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

So the choice is yours.   No changes to forum structure required.    Anyone who wants to see all new topics but is too idle to edit their bookmark to show that shouldn't complain about anything.

No consistency in your complaints. You complain about trip reports outside of Thailand , yet not a peep about all the Tawan , Hero etc threads which should be in the Business Forum.

I could care less , I just don't click on threads like those which have no interest for me. Why don't you do the same?

Guest abang1961

Funny to see this forum sidetrack to this sorry state. Everyone takes a step backwards, breathe hard for 5 minutes. You will experience that our lives ain't that bad. We should be thankful to wake up alive and happy.

No one holds a gun at our head,to read or ignore any post. Just enjoy the contributions of all.. if you like the post, give it a like..If not, take no action .

abang, so you think Scooby should just ignore comments and suggestions? Not even reply and state his position? It is not a question of ignoring posts but abiding by the rules of the forum which were not set by me but whoever it is that runs/owns this forum. Let them speak and give guidance. Other forums do this, why not this forum?

Is that asking too much that management of this forum clearly state and enforce the rules which they set?

Waiting to hear from Scooby regarding comments and suggestions to improve forum structure.

No improvement to forum structure is required*, so why should Scooby comment ?  

It would of course be better if everyone followed the structure when posting & a reminder might help.   But the occasional delinquency is not a big deal.

[* A possible exception is adding a forum for "Other Gay Asian Countries".    Japan in the glaring case of a commonly discussed country with no sub forum].

abang, so you think Scooby should just ignore comments and suggestions? Not even reply and state his position? It is not a question of ignoring posts but abiding by the rules of the forum which were not set by me but whoever it is that runs/owns this forum. Let them speak and give guidance. Other forums do this, why not this forum?

Is that asking too much that management of this forum clearly state and enforce the rules which they set?

His non response is in fact a reply. He evidently is happy with the way the Forum is going and sees no need to respond since he sees no need for a change.

If you want a Forum that is run with an Iron Hand then you are free to go to Gaybutton.

He makes sure everyone adheres to the rules and that is his right as the owner.

It is also Scooby's right to think this Forum is running ok with lots of content and discussion.

Guest abang1961

Oh my gosh, after these days, we are still looking for the solution to resolve the issue...Really,it is nothing detrimental but something so trival that makes Trump's accusation and temperament a much more entertaining item to read than this senseless merry go round here..

abang, happy that you find it so trivial. Almost as frivolous as someone postings about their birthdays

with lots of photos

Nonetheless, the last post by Firecat has resolved the issue. Laissez faire- French for “Let (people) do (as they choose).”

It is surely logical that trip reports are filed where readers interested in that part of Asia can easily find them at a later date. I cant seem to find any logic in posting a report that is only about Taiwan anywhere other than the subheading Taiwan. If readers dont read the China, Taiwan section its tempting to ask why is it there?

But surely theres a solution. If a post is so interesting it deserves a larger readership cant it be posted on both? Isnt that a better solution instead of a constant back and forth of conflicting ideas?

Those who want to view all new content only have to click the "View New Content" box in the top RH corner.  I wasn't even aware that this thread was in the Comments forum, since I usually use the View New Content box.

Those planning a holiday to Taiwan can go direct to the appropriate Taiwan sub forum, which makes it easier to find material.

Does it really matter anymore where something is posted since Scooby's spokesman, Firecat, has proclaimed the following:

"His non response is in fact a reply. He evidently is happy with the way the Forum is going and sees no need to respond since he sees no need for a change".

"It is also Scooby's right to think this Forum is running ok with lots of content and discussion".

"So let it be written, so let it be done." Rameses II aka Yul Brenner, The Ten Commandments

Does it really matter anymore where something is posted since Scooby's spokesman, Firecat, has proclaimed the following:

"His non response is in fact a reply. He evidently is happy with the way the Forum is going and sees no need to respond since he sees no need for a change".

"It is also Scooby's right to think this Forum is running ok with lots of content and discussion".

What is wrong with a forum when the owner fails to respond to repeated requests? Taking non response as the equivalent  of the owner being happy with the way things are run is akin to the Trump palaver over Obama wiretapping. Trump can fix the issue with one phone call. Scooby can fix the issue with one Im ok or one Ill fix it post. But Trump and Scooby remain silent. Seems odd

But surely theres a solution. If a post is so interesting it deserves a larger readership cant it be posted on both? Isnt that a better solution instead of a constant back and forth of conflicting ideas?

4 days ago I made a suggestion which I believe solves the problem. I sent a mail with the suggestion to Scooby. Absolutely no reply that I can see! Is there any moderator here? Does it seriously take 4 days to reply to a serious request from a member? Sorry but if this time non-reponse is supposed to be interpreted as non-agreement it is only a matter of courtesy to reply along with a yes or no.