captainmick

Correct Location on Forum for Posts on Taiwan

4 days ago I made a suggestion which I believe solves the problem. I sent a mail with the suggestion to Scooby. Absolutely no reply that I can see! Is there any moderator here? Does it seriously take 4 days to reply to a serious request from a member? Sorry but if this time non-reponse is supposed to be interpreted as non-agreement it is only a matter of courtesy to reply along with a yes or no.

You might try reading before you criticize. Something you are evidently not capable of.

I'm sure Scooby will be waiting for your apology!

And the same to Chrstian who was stupid enough to like your post and also incapable of reading!

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10882-threads-in-right-forum/

Calm down! Whats got under your skin? I dont read the forum regularly. If I send anyone a pm in any chat room it is customary to get a reply. I accept moderators are busy but a brief response is just a matter of courtesy.

For you information yes it so happened I do read. And I read your post in response to Kokopelli about Scooby being happy with the thread where it was. Not surprisingly I thought that was the end of the subject. So unless someone informs us it is not, how are we to know it has been moved??

His non response is in fact a reply. He evidently is happy with the way the Forum is going and sees no need to respond since he sees no need for a change.

But since you are so touchy about the subject, I am happy to apologise - although Idon't know whether thats to you or Mr Scooby. And you might apologise to kokpelli and me for being so touchy about it all.

Why should I apologize. You did not read new posts before you went right to this post to complain about no action by Scooby.

If you had you would have never made this post. So plain your fault. As far as KoKo goes. We have had this fight for years and he thinks he is right and I think I am right.

Unless a post is in the Main Forum it hardly gets any views and thus there have been many trip reports etc to places other then Thailand and yes some of have been mine. I'm pretty sure a lot of those posts would not have gotten the number of views they did if buried in a Forum that many do not visit.

As I have said over and over again, we have a 100x more viewers of this site then we do members.

If you want a site where the owner controls everything and limits free discussion then there are other sites you can visit.

I'm pretty sure this is the longest continuous running Gay Message Board regardless of ownership changes.

So the owners must be doing something right.

Why should I apologize. You did not read new posts before you went right to this post to complain about no action by Scooby.

I read post headed Taipei and it was in the Gay Thailand forum. Fine. To me Taipei is in Taiwan. There was no indication it had been moved over to the China  Taiwan part of the forum. So when posts are moved we are supposed to guess where posts are moved to. Nice to know.

Peter RS

Let's see you are posting in a thread titled:

Correct Location on Forum for Posts on Taiwan

And Scooby posted a new thread titled Threads in the Right Forum in which he stated we moved the thread to the Taiwan Forum where he said:

"We moved one thread from the main Thailand thread to the Taiwan Forum area. We will do this with others after they have run their course on the main forum if that is where they were started. If you see others that need to be moved, please PM me. Thanks."

And by the way IMHO you suggested the best reason for moving it at some point which was if a member was looking for information on Taipei and did not choose to simply use the Search Function , it would be logical for him to look in the Taiwan Forum.

Thus the thread got a wide read from many who I am sure enjoyed FountainHalls wonderful photos as well as his experiences in Taipei.

I am equally sure it would not have gotten anywhere near the views had I posted it originally in the Taiwan Forum.

Yes, firecat69, the owners are doing something right, a lot actually.

If only they would own up to being the owners, so that us mere mortals could officially heap some well-deserved praise upon them, instead of asking us to talk to a dog who apparently never replies or to take their spokesperson's word as gospel... ;)

.I am equally sure it would not have gotten anywhere near the views had I posted it originally in the Taiwan Forum.

I have zero doubt you are correct. But since titles of threads has been raised, if it is ok to post a subject that is non-Thailand in the Thailand thread is it ok for all threads to be originated there before being moved some das later ? I dont post often but others who do will surely consider their posts equally worthy of a wide readership?

Some people like beating a dead horse. On the first 2 pages alone of the Thailand Forum I can make a case for 10 threads that should be somewhere else. So I am certainly not the only member that starts threads that in the Thailand Forum that could be argued ,should be posted in another Sub Forum.

The bottom line is if you want a heavily moderated Forum there are other places for you to go. If you are unhappy with the management then your best bet is probably to start your own Forum.

I think most members are ok with how this site is run.

Guest abang1961

It's time to call this issue quit...Time out and game over..Let us generate our strength and attention more on the Thai lifestyle - boys, sex , food and sights..Throw in where to shop inexpensively..And more sex reports with boys around the region.

Looking forward to Numazu's Mexico reports, however there is no place to post them - we have only Gay Thailand and Gay Asia, there is no Gay World sub-forum.

Numazu can post his Mexico trip report wherever he deems best; no problem with me or, I assume, with Scooby.

OMG guys are you serious. I would love to post about Mexico. However I know it is not appropriate on this forum. I think it would just be really (super duper) odd if I had a Mexico trip report on a website called GayThailand.com. Which is too bad because I will be there in a couple of days. not for a holiday per se, but still.

The problem is that the section that gets the lion share of the web traffic on this website (out of all the sections in the forum) is the Gay Thailand section. I feel that if I only went to Myanmar last trip, and posted the Trip Report only in the Myanmar section, it will just languish there without much readership. I would want the most number of people to read, reply and come back to my threads of course, as would anyone else. I don't have a real solution for this. The website might just be working as well as it ever could. in its current form.

Way too much hair splitting in my not so humble opinion.

Numazu , if you feel  like being back in form , feel free to post Mexico report in the main section and readership is guaranteed.

After all I recall firecat's reports from Europe and South Aftrca in main section and heaven did not fall , quite opposite in fact.

Good reports will find their way to readership even in hidden in obscure sections though.

OMG guys are you serious. I would love to post about Mexico. However I know it is not appropriate on this forum. I think it would just be really (super duper) odd if I had a Mexico trip report on a website called GayThailand.com. Which is too bad because I will be there in a couple of days. not for a holiday per se, but still.

Post in the Beer Bar.  You might also post a headline in Gay Thailand section "Great Post on Gay Mexico in Beer Bar" to draw attention to it.

Welcome back Numazu. Looking forward to your next post.

And thanks Paulsf for the counsel on the alternative posting! That way Numazu can post on Puerto Vallarta and I can complete with other information plus of other parts of Mexico. (I live there quite some time) I did not before because I was too afraid to angry the "you'r posting in the wrong thread" police (!)

In any case Numazu, you are right; there is "a huge world out there" and we should be able to talk about it.

And instead of having to build a "thick skin" we should take a breath or 2 and if snipping is still on our mind at least let it be humorous and positive. After all, we are writing about the Land of Smiles not the Land of the Bitches...