Moses

Local companions and guides for gays in Bagan, photo-tours.

Moses,

I'm sure Kaung could lead guys to places described in this travel article that trumpets the benefits of visiting Myanmar and other experiences the article omits:

http://www.vogue.com/article/why-to-visit-myanmar-instead-of-thailand

He does already: check reports of members who were his clients. Bagan, Mandalay, Inle Lake, mount Popa... the only what he didn't - Swedagon pagoda - cuz it is in Yangon.

And thank you for highlighting Kaung and Myanmar  here :) 

Please welcome new guide in Yangon - Simon

Simon is 25 yo, professional translator, LGBT activist, one of organizers of yearly Myanmar festival of gay films.

Languages:

- English (fluent)

- French (advanced)

- Mandarin (advanced)

- Thai (advanced)

- Spanish (basic)

- Dutch (basic)

- Burmese (native)

- Shan (native)

Simon's profile, photos messaging/booking forms are here: https://siamroads.com/tour-guide-in-yangon-simon/

post-10479-0-55406000-1512627098_thumb.jpg

I would like to know more about Mount Victoria trekking: times from/to nearest city, duration, accommodation, guides, price separate for these items.

Kaung with one of SiamRoads's clients are in Vietnam now. I'll be back to you when will have chance to collect info.

For now: Mount Victoria (orig. Nat Ma Taung, height 2131 m), 230 km from Bagan (i.e about 5-6 hours by local roads by car + about 4 last kms to walk by mountain trail), guide - Kaung ( https://siamroads.com/kaung-bagan-burma/ ), any accommodation in Bagan.

Prices: guide's time $75 per 14 hours, accommodation any - depends on your budget, car - will tell you late.

Ok, I'm back with answers: car for one day trip is USD200 per car, 2 pax. Entrance fee is USD 8 per person. Also is possible to take 3 day-tour, then car cost USD 130 daily.

[16:26, 30.1.2018] Kaung: First day we will go bagan to Mount victoria

On the way we can visit some village
[16:27, 30.1.2018] Kaung: Second day 
Mount Victoria sightseeing
[16:27, 30.1.2018] Kaung: Third day 
Go back to bagan
Also we can visit some village

Did anyone visit Yangon with the new guide Simon?

I'm starting to plan a trip so I'm interested in your reviews ;)

Simon was quite busy with Yangon gay film festival at past 2 month, so he has only 3 clients till now. As I know all them aren't forum's members since all of them came from FaceBook. So I think you may be first member to observe Simon's guiding here at forum :)

The first review of Nicki's service:

By the way, I don't know how to leave a review about Nicki on your website. Would you put my reviews for her? She is a very friendly guide with a lot of knowledge about the places we have been. Easy to talk to and we had a great time with her! Will definitely recommend to everyone that comes to Yangon!