Guest samebb

Jupiter 2018 is open!

Guest samebb

The new Jupiter has arrived. Number 84, Chit informed me it had been open 2 nights, last night being the second night?. I was sat opposite with number 84's friend at Balcony and snapped a photo!

It certainly looks very upmarket and they were really pulling in the Soi 4 crowd last night. It was packed.

Drinks are 250 baht. Many boys were being offed. Looks like a great start for them! They said the drink price is not a promotion, and it will stay 250 baht. Not sure that's true but we will see. 

post-15794-0-00105000-1493366005_thumb.jpg

Guest DThump

250 baht drinks is a great idea...If the selection of boys is good this should pull the rug from under the go go bars in Soi Twilight.....Long overdue that rug was pulled.

250 baht drinks is a great idea...If the selection of boys is good this should pull the rug from under the go go bars in Soi Twilight.....Long overdue that rug was pulled.

Nobody is being forced to frequent soi Twilight bars, Pattaya is only 2 hours away and Super A and Nature Boys  with 100 baht drinks just short 5 minutes stroll from there

Guest samebb

Soi Twilight pulls a very different crowd. On any given night I would guess that Soi 4 is 75% Westerners - very few Chinese.

The Chinese pay 500 baht at Dreamboys no issue, were as many Western tourists would be horrified and would never consider it. 

I hope they do keep the drink prices low and shake things up a bit. I didn't get a chance to go inside last night but I will at some point this weekend and update you guys on things!

Guest DThump

Nobody is being forced to frequent soi Twilight bars, Pattaya is only 2 hours away and Super A and Nature Boys  with 100 baht drinks just short 5 minutes stroll from there

What are you talking about? Soi Twilight is in the twilight of it's days for many reasons least of all their pricing structure.

250 baht? What was that sign doing outside the bar last week that was advertising 100 baht San Miguel Light? Was that available? (Not that I'd drink it).

It would appear - correct me if I'm wrong - that the Jupiter guys are straight and prefer going with women. If that is the case, maybe the new bar has found it difficult to get boys to work in the middle of a gay soi.

Guest samebb

250 baht? What was that sign doing outside the bar last week that was advertising 100 baht San Miguel Light? Was that available? (Not that I'd drink it).

It would appear - correct me if I'm wrong - that the Jupiter guys are straight and prefer going with women. If that is the case, maybe the new bar has found it difficult to get boys to work in the middle of a gay soi.

Certainly true with the old Jupiter. Mostly straight guys. I can confirm I know 2 gay boys working at the new jupiter currently, so many they have 1 or 2 non-straights.

Thanks for the reports samebb and hanguy. I too am hopeful for Jupiter's success and think the additional competition is good for all of us as customers. Hopefully they will be able to recruit some new boys.

I was in Dreamboys last night and my captain told me that several Jupiter boys had joined Dreamboys. I saw one I recognized in the show and noticed the former "star" in street clothes as I walked in.

Dreamboys as usual packed on a Friday night with more than the usual number of farang and Thai lady customers. Still plenty of Chinese tour groups though.

Guest samebb

Was there last nite. 250B / drink confirmed. I arrived at around 11p30 and left an hour later. The whole time they had some band play English songs (2 male and 3 female singers). It was cute at first, but getting old soon. When they finally had the boys up on the stage again, there were like three boys :(((

It it was anything like Thursday night there were so many boys being offered at around 11pm you may have been to late. Thanks for the info though! You might be the first person here to have entered! 

Did they raise the drink price from 250 to 280 (every day or just weekend)?

When I looked into the bar some weeks ago before show, all boys on stage were wearing jeans, which I don't like, so I didn't enter.

quite possible that it was weekend price, will check today or tomorrow.

no jeans in sight, boys are wearing knee long shorts and about half of them are shirtless, as usual quite a sight

repeat visit with Christian tonight , drink price confirmed at 280.

We arrived right at end of show to watch parade of remaining boys and some of them presented  themselves fully dressed in shirt and jeans , can't see how this is good offing strategy but not my problem , i  did not off anybody anyways.

Yes , Jupiter boys all have good bodies, no out of shape fatties like one we saw earlier in Fresh Boys which by the way had today old style acrobatic  SPECIAL show. 

Went in at 10ish last night. It was packed and sat at the bar. Shortly after the show started. Although I had not been to the old Jupiter for a long time, the song numbers still sounded familiar.

Would say the boys are above average build and perhaps above average looks. Some bare chested some wore singlets.

A couple of show numbers looked similar as well, like 'keeping the hat on' with the actor stripping off cloths piece by piece and spotting a hard on end of the show (for a second or two). An interesting part was the interaction between the show dancers and the audience (hugging and light touches etc); but I was not sure if those were 'staged' or not.

Half an hour later, a few women seated themselves next to me and started some chats and that was when I got up and left. I have no problem with women in 'gay' places generally. And I m not even sure Jupiter advertise themselves to be a 'gay place' or not. Soi 4 certainly looked busy.

Half an hour later, a few women seated themselves next to me and started some chats and that was when I got up and left. I have no problem with women in 'gay' places generally. And I m not even sure Jupiter advertise themselves to be a 'gay place' or not. Soi 4 certainly looked busy.

I actively avoid Soi 4 on Saturdays now. Too busy! 

If you are looking for a normal gay night out, Soi 4 and DJ Station being packed is a good thing. 

If you are looking to pay for your fun there is nothing to be gained on Friday or Saturdays. 

Busy venues, bad seating options, more offs and fewer boys to choose from. 

Sundays and Wednesdays are the best for me personally! 

I will give you a hint why Wednesdays are great! It's party night at DJ for the twilight boys! Only 150b entry! 

I actively avoid Soi 4 on Saturdays now. Too busy! 

If you are looking for a normal gay night out, Soi 4 and DJ Station being packed is a good thing. 

Isn't busy a good thing? More atmosphere.

In Soi 4, Balcony has expanded it's terrace area and also the main bar area.

There are another two gay bars in the soi plus Jupiter 2018 and Banana on 4.

DJ station is too busy for me on Fri-Sat, and the entrance is higher. I like to roam around freely when I'm in discos or saunas, DJ-station on weekend is too much a squeeze (which I would happily bear if there were cute boys, but if I have to squeeze for half an hour past old and fat and wet sweaty until I find someone cute, no thanks).