Guest samebb

Jupiter 2018 is open!

18 hours ago, hank75 said:

Jupiter is always rather stingy about posting pics of their boys. Now the mamasans....constantly photographed :blink:

I think Jupiter2018 has more of a traditional approach when it comes to marketing...they don't usually post pics of their boys, though there is, but limited, and there are more pics of the mamasans and their karaoke, this is only my opinion, whereas this is in contrast with Moonlight who got a more modern approach in marketing.

Jupiter had fabulous business during Songkran holiday. Both Arm and Boom appeared in shows as absent penalty during Songkran is a hefty 1000 baht a day.

Mamasan took reservations from the week before  for the good seat and the place was full with even standing only customers.

There weren’t any seats for boys to sit down with customers during the show.

At karaoke time boys were splashing water, ice cube from mixers to customers so some were soaking wet.

9 hours ago, Jasper said:

Mamasan took reservations from the week before  for the good seat

that's the part I don't like about Jupiter the most- whole row of reserved seats, for me ever less tolerable than that lack of smile on guys faces. But if that is good for business , all the power to them

46 minutes ago, vinapu said:

that's the part I don't like about Jupiter the most- whole row of reserved seats, for me ever less tolerable than that lack of smile on guys faces. But if that is good for business , all the power to them

Seems like dongtan beach chairs owners operate similarly. When i was there, whole 2-3 rows upfront was reserved for god knows who.

11 hours ago, Jasper said:

Moonlight has legitimate excuses to openly advertise their “Models” since they can say they are not sex workers whereas Jupiter boys are all sex workers which still regarded as bottom of the society in fact I know some boys lie to their parents about their job. 

Nearly all of them are sex workers, call a spade a spade. Yes I know boys who lie to their girlfriends about the job. Funny that the girlfriends (who are all on social media) haven’t figured it out by now.

5 hours ago, hank75 said:

Nearly all of them are sex workers, call a spade a spade. Yes I know boys who lie to their girlfriends about the job. Funny that the girlfriends (who are all on social media) haven’t figured it out by now.

or they did but keep quiet, the same with closeted gays - when we finally come out most people say we know it for long time already

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

I suppose that is their way to keep high spending regulars happy.  It’s unfair for them if it’s first come first served basis as these regulars pay tip to mamasan, waiter and spend thousands on drink whereas first time tourist may never come back to the bar and spend 3 hours nursing one drink without tipping anyone.

Some regulars even bring gift to mamasans such as brand cosmetics or perfume.

6 hours ago, hank75 said:

I think she suspects but afraid of confrontation if she has to give an ultimatum to stop working there. She doesn’t want that type of commitment nor responsibility of the guy’s future.

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

I suppose that is their way to keep high spending regulars happy.  It’s unfair for them if it’s first come first served basis as these regulars pay tip to mamasan, waiter and spend thousands on drink whereas first time tourist may never come back to the bar and spend 3 hours nursing one drink without tipping anyone.

Some regulars even bring gift to mamasans such as brand cosmetics or perfume.

I can see both sides to this argument I suppose. Moonlight never gets as packed as Jupiter but they will hold a seat for me if I let them know I am dropping in. My friend was able to get the seat of his preference during the packed Moonlight anniversary thanks to the reservation policy.

And in both venues, walk ins are never left unhelped and unseated - seats will be provided for every customer until it’s literally standing room alone. I think the gripe should be that Jupiter pretty much blocks off all the best seats / full front rows for regulars so it’s irksome that if you walk in on a busy night, you will never be offered a good seat by chance. You are allowed to move (subject to mamasan’s favor!) if better located seats become available. Or if you are offing, they also accommodate a request for a seat change (so boy can be with you for example). A tip to lubricate the seat change doesn’t hurt though I know many of you will object to this on principle - as far as I’m concerned, it’s annoying but their turf, their rules. 

Moonlight, though not on the same level of popularity, gets it right by spreading the reserved seats throughout the bar, making the upstairs floor available or designating the standalone tables (in front of service bar) the VIP tables. Personally I hate these, the vantage point is poor and the air conditining is blasting full force. The only “pro” is that the well placed pillar provides some privacy screening from the rest of the bar. Considering I like to people watch and see which boy is being offed, this isn’t a bonus for me. 

Walk ins usually get offered good seats in any of the front facing rows. 

Also to add, I was offered seat reservation at Moonlight even before I became a regular and opened bottles. If you come early asking for a seat blocked for showtime or the following day , they will accommodate - of course helper mamasan will expect a tip. But for those who assume only high spenders get seating preference, not the case at all.  

I also recently discovered that Moonlight waives cover if you’re opening a bottle. Not sure if Jupiter does the same?

12 minutes ago, hank75 said:

I also recently discovered that Moonlight waives cover if you’re opening a bottle. Not sure if Jupiter does the same?

Yes Jupiter does not charge cover 500 baht if you open a bottle with all mixers free but if you keep the bottle for the next visit, from the second day, they will charge cover 500 baht.

18 minutes ago, hank75 said:

A tip to lubricate the seat change doesn’t hurt though I know many of you will object to this on principle - as far as I’m concerned, it’s annoying but their turf, their rules. 

I have seen customers gave few hundred baht for the better seat and mamasan quickly squeeze them in. lol

14 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Yes Jupiter does not charge cover 500 baht if you open a bottle with all mixers free but if you keep the bottle for the next visit, from the second day, they will charge cover 500 baht.

Does this get more than one person in? Some non-gogo venues admit 4 people per bottle. 

6 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I have seen customers gave few hundred baht for the better seat and mamasan quickly squeeze them in. lol

Well my limit is 100 baht for a seat change! 

My female friend quickly upgraded herself to VVIP status at Jupiter by bringing her own mamasan from Moonlight hahaha. 

7 minutes ago, hank75 said:

Does this get more than one person in? Some non-gogo venues admit 4 people per bottle. 

Yes they don’t charge cover if customers enter the bar together but they will charge cover for their friend if he joins you later.

17 minutes ago, hank75 said:

Well my limit is 100 baht for a seat change! 

My female friend quickly upgraded herself to VVIP status at Jupiter by bringing her own mamasan from Moonlight hahaha. 

He returned to Jupiter after Moonlight.

I guess he needed better tip.

C1AB591A-23F0-477E-BA31-BE616009D728.thumb.jpeg.47c035dbc367b1e5288bb36338b54df8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Jasper said:

He returned to Jupiter after Moonlight.

I guess he needed better tip.

C1AB591A-23F0-477E-BA31-BE616009D728.thumb.jpeg.47c035dbc367b1e5288bb36338b54df8.jpeg

He’s not one of my favorite mamasans, always hinting for tips. Luckily at Jupiter even the greedier mamasans are still more discreet than other bars so it’s not too much of a turn off. I wish Neung was my personal mamasan!

23 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Yes they don’t charge cover if customers enter the bar together but they will charge cover for their friend if he joins you later.

Very helpful to know, thank you. Well - looks like we’ve been paying extra cover!! 

31 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Really? 

I have only experienced this case, one bottle opened with a friend, once so the rule could have changed.

I mean, we usually pay cover and sit down then request a bottle. Cover already paid. Next time we should inform the door staff that we will be opening a bottle and to waive our cover.

2 hours ago, hank75 said:

He’s not one of my favorite mamasans, always hinting for tips. Luckily at Jupiter even the greedier mamasans are still more discreet than other bars so it’s not too much of a turn off. I wish Neung was my personal mamasan!

That's Mamasan Look right? If I'm not mistaken since they wear a long wig and makeup on a Chinese custome on my last visit.

My only comment with Jupiter2018 is that there's always reservation for the regular customers and boys are always pre-booked so how can tourist like me can have a chance to off or at least table a superstar, my chance is literally 0%?

Whereas in Moonlight, you can have a chance with their models even if you're not a regular customer, that's what I like in this bar. Its only my personal opinion, no offense meant.

Just now, DrimVoiz said:

My only comment with Jupiter2018 is that there's always reservation for the regular customers and boys are always pre-booked so how can tourist like me can have a chance to off or at least table a superstar, my chance is literally 0%?

Whereas in Moonlight, you can have a chance with their models even if you're not a regular customer, that's what I like in this bar. Its only my personal opinion, no offense meant.

But Drim...didn’t you already off a Jupiter superstar? :lol: