Serendeputy

Dick's Cafe Bangkok Closed?

I noticed Dick's Cafe was closed last night when I was walking in Soi Twilight. I didn't see any signs saying they would re-open. Hopefully not a permanent closure since I enjoyed having a drink there and watching the traffic in the soi. Does anyone know if this is just temporary?

post-16654-0-48447700-1493960112_thumb.jpg

I heard somewhere that Dicks is owned by the same group that owned the Tarntawan Hotel. When the Tarntawan changed hands it was announced that Dicks would close. If noone has taken it over since then I assume Dicks is now another part of Twilights past that is no more.

Guest Promsak

That's indeed sad news.

Let's hope it is not 'news' but merely a question and that the answer is YES (it is only temporary).

Could be many reasons --- staff not turning up sick is but one example.

Good luck to Lukas and the staff.

I also hope it is just temporary. But that soi now caters mostly to visiting Asians who rarely if ever eat or have a drink at Dicks. With the rapidly diminishing number of westerners there have been reports of only two or three tables occupied in the evenings. It would not make commercial sense to keep it open without a big boost in customers.

Guest samebb

Even on weeknights recently when other bars (hotmale,banana,hotmale2 ect) have been very quite there has been a good crowd outside Dicks. I walked past on Wednesday night at around 9:20pm. There was a good 20 customers outside. 

I to hope this is only temporary. Having said that, I have no idea why they haven't fixed the over-head fan on the left side of the seating area outside. The lost custom from me alone would have paid for it. For the last 8 weeks it has simply been unbearable to sit with the fan not working. Switched to Maxis instead. 

Used to be great sitting near to the massage boys at Bonnies. Nearby eye candy with your snack and beverage. 

Oh. I will be on Twilight tonight. Will let you know if it is open!

If not hopefully someone near by will know

To be fair most of the notices you see in gay bathrooms are usually just notes with a phone number inviting you to look at someones dick anyway ! :-)

And thank god Dick's is to remain open as I'd of starved otherwise as it's my main ( lazy) way to eat when I can't be bothered leaving the Soi. Plus their Vanilla milkshakes are wonderful and a great ease to stomach acid when one is or has partaken of too much whiskey the night before I find.

I ate there for the first time when I met up with a member of another board. I was surprised how good the food was and would definitely eat there again.

Also, as has been pointed out, it's a great place to sit and admire the massage boys next door. If only they'd get off their fucking phones!!!

my favorite dish there is 'Rice Kazimir" , chicken on rice with maraschino cherries, have it at least once every trip ,

good meeting point during day as they open early and one can have a lunch there, glad to hear they are opened, perhaps staff deserves day off  

Guest abang1961

We are all getting sentimental over the closure/departure of gay joints/establishments that we have loved over the years.

I am truly sad to see Soi Twilight evaporates before my eyes (and the next trip).

So much for the good old days..

I'm not happy either with soi alleged demise but also very curious how whole moving  thing will develop and  if we will have new gay area somewhere or be forced to visit various places scattered  around the city