reader

In the back of a tuk-tuk?

You may have a fair to middling chance of not being noticed engaging in all-out hanky panky on a deserted darkened beach, but in the back of a tuk-tuk in central Phuket not so much. The dash cam in the car behind captured the action, although lack of resolution leaves a lot to the imagination.

The guy who took the video claims it was a man and a woman but, judging from the quality of the video, who can say for sure.

The Brit tabloids love nothing better than sex in Thailand and the Sun, Mirror, Mail and Star all covered it but only the Sun didn't pixelate the video.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3495759/randy-tourists-face-arrest-after-being-filmed-having-sex-in-a-tuk-tuk-on-thailand-party-island-phuket/

1000 baht , low price for 5 minutes of fame

Probably less than a ST room and but they couple gets the fame and the ride tossed in.  Cheap at twice the price.

Seems that there's something about Phuket that brings out the best in foreigners. Another couple has been taped having sex on the beach in daytime.  But it didn't draw the same attention as the yuk-yuk pair (even the nearby dog appears bored).

Article and photo from Phuket Gazette

http://www.phuketgazette.net/thailand-news/Another-foreign-couple-wanted-committing-sex-acts/66570

It wasn't that difficult when you watch the clear video at link below. Police report that they "were still looking for the woman." And I'm sure they are.

From Khaosod English

KOH SAMUI — A man whose roadside coupling on Samui became the subject of an on line sex clip was made to apologize to reporters and the public on camera after being fined by police Tuesday.

Pons Crespo Arnau, 28 of Spain, admitted to being the man in the viral video that appeared to show him having sex in broad daylight along a beach road Monday. He was fined 500 baht for public obscenity.

“I am so sorry for everybody in Thailand,” he said, making a wai gesture, to a reporter who followed him out of the police station. “I know it’s not good, but I drank too much.”

Arnau said he just met the woman, who he said was Russian, Sunday night. They drank until morning before going to the beach. Police were still looking for the woman.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/05/09/spaniard-made-apologize-film-samui-beach-sex/

When he gets back to Spain, he'll have a bevy of women--and no shortage of hopeful guys--queued up to be screwed by this now celebrity stud. And all it cost him was 500 baht.

Who says the cost of living is going up in Thailand!

Probably less than a ST room and but they couple gets the fame and the ride tossed in.  Cheap at twice the price.

Seems that there's something about Phuket that brings out the best in foreigners.

With the cut-throat prices of tuk-tuk rides in Phuket, they're probably just trying to get their money's worth. :lol:

It wasn't that difficult when you watch the clear video at link below. Police report that they "were still looking for the woman." And I'm sure they are.

From Khaosod English

KOH SAMUI — A man whose roadside coupling on Samui became the subject of an on line sex clip was made to apologize to reporters and the public on camera after being fined by police Tuesday.

Pons Crespo Arnau, 28 of Spain, admitted to being the man in the viral video that appeared to show him having sex in broad daylight along a beach road Monday. He was fined 500 baht for public obscenity.

“I am so sorry for everybody in Thailand,” he said, making a wai gesture, to a reporter who followed him out of the police station. “I know it’s not good, but I drank too much.”

Arnau said he just met the woman, who he said was Russian, Sunday night. They drank until morning before going to the beach. Police were still looking for the woman.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/05/09/spaniard-made-apologize-film-samui-beach-sex/

Oh, but this link is to a couple doing it on the beach. The original video shows a couple doing it in the back of a Baht bus. I'm presuming they weren't the same couple 

I wonder if his police record would affect his visa/immigration status.

They could have decided to deport him, but they didn't. This fine in itself doesn't affect his current or potential future stays in Thailand.

I recall the story of a German couple who were caught having sex on temple grounds. That was considered more severe, so while their fine was pretty low as well, that's when their holiday abruptly ended - they were deported.

Similar stories from Cambodia, where tourists took nude pics at Angkor Wat and received suspended prison sentences.

Similar stories from Cambodia, where tourists took nude pics at Angkor Wat and received suspended prison sentences.

and rightly so, even if visitors are not sharing reverence to  a place , out of respect to those who do  they should behave.