Guest Haris77w

Boy go go bars in Patong

Better than BKK

No idea who published the magazine but it is totallly untrue to even suggest Phuket is anything like Bangkok in terms of gay gogo bars. Most of the bars on its list are not gogo bars. Phuket may still have 2 or 3 but compare that with the dozen or more in Bangkok.

From my visit to Phuket (Patong Beach) a few years back, it was obvious Phuket had fewer gogo bars than Pattaya or Bangkok by a large margin.

So the scene could only be described as better than Bangkok if the gogo bars were way ahead in terms of quality.     I didn't see that at all.    A couple of bars with scale & a few very small ones.  

One of the larger bars alternated 30 minutes of boys in whities & 30 minutes of ladyboy drag show.    Since I had zero interest in the drag show, it was necessary to time the entry point at the end of it.

I hope some members can describe more recent visits.   We rarely hear about Phuket.

I was in Phuket this past December. I found the gay scene disappointing, almost depressing. As far as I could tell, there was only one gay gogo bar. The others were host bars or show bar. I went twice to the gogo. Twice to a host bar, James Dean.

At the Gogo I really only saw two guys I found attractive. Everyone, papasan and guys were nice enough. But no way anything to compare to  Bangkok or Pattaya scene.

I have to say, I found a couple of real gems in massage shops around the Paradise complex. Including one from Isan I ended up spending most of my time with. Still, I left before my originally planned departure date…to get back to  
Pattaya.

Sorry I meant that in general I found Phuket better than BKK with its gay scene laidback and relaxed atmosphere, the nice beach ,surroundings and neighborhood islands are excellent for enjoyable vacation, of course BKK is much better if gogo bars is your major interest but for me this days BKK is very disappointed the quality of the shows and the boys dropped drastically in recent years and the prices are much higher.