TotallyOz

30 Day suspensions

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

Dam it!!! I need my 200 posts!!!!!!!

You only need 100 posts now.

Holy ... I just finished reading that thread. Wow .. i did not expect it to devolve that quickly or aggressively. I hope that won't happen again. T would think we would all prefer to remain happy and minimize on negativity and choose to agree to disagree than rush head first into a bloodied match of 'who is righter and mightier'. 

ps: for clarity - all images in my profile pic are of me and since I posted it online, i know the risks of it circulating online - although it would be arrogant/egoistic of me to think anyone would want to use my likeness for anything. 

We need more trip reports but two of our most popular reporters Numazu and Vessey have lost interest and for good reason. There is not a lot of incentive for someone to spend many hours preparing reports when issues that could have been solved with private messages were made into major investigations and personal criticism on the main forum.

you got it right !

That gets me to 100 posts so maybe i can now read what all the commotion is about in the exclusive Photos forum  :p

your time will be better spent doing dishes or walking your dog

It gets boring. Someone creates an interesting post and in under a page the usual suspects turn it into a troll fest. This forum has provided such good information for me but I find myself not reading threads as soon as it degenerates. Soon it will be pointless reading at all. So, thank you for suspending those causing this latest spat but there are several people who continually cause issues who could do with similar treatment.

To add to this, there's some unnecessary bomb throwing in the discussions.......

Bomb throwing is OK,

it's unnecessary dwelling on issues and inability by some to accept  that their view is not shared by everybody which is source of degeneration of threads instead of simple agreement to disagree.

Hopefully waters will calm now for a while.

It would be nice if you continue with reports but resume only if you feel you have fun posting again. There are lot of people here who appreciate amount of work necessary to produce trip report.

Guest ryanasia

I have probably gotten pretty close to being suspended myself. If the new rules mean that we all can conduct ourselves aa little differently I am willing to follow them. This assumes the rules are enforced with no favoritism. 

Bomb throwing is OK,

it's unnecessary dwelling on issues and inability by some to accept  that their view is not shared by everybody which is source of degeneration of threads instead of simple agreement to disagree.

Hopefully waters will calm now for a while.

It would be nice if you continue with reports but resume only if you feel you have fun posting again. There are lot of people here who appreciate amount of work necessary to produce trip report.

Well I'll add my 2cents worth. I love trip reports (with or with out pics or hardcore sex) I just hope both Vessey and Numazu will start posting them again in the not too distant future. And of course I look forward to more of the legendary Vinapu's trip reports

Haha. To add to this, there's some unnecessary bomb throwing in the discussions as well, especially in the past few months. It kind of takes away the joy from posting, at least for me. I know some people thrive on this environment, but not me. I would love to continue with the reports, and there is a lot to share, and still to come. We shall see.

Well, a forum is for exchange of information and opinions, and if we were all of the same opinion, it would be boring. Someone who doesn't want opposing opinions should go into an echoic chamber. I certainly appreciate all feedback, as long as it's civil. The more diverse, the better.