TotallyOz

30 Day suspensions

For that to work I need to believe that experiences reported here on all threads are based on reality - ok there may be occasional elements of exaggeration, and what is revealed may not be quite the whole truth. 

IMHO forum fakers are nothing more than trolls and should be regarded as such.

Too bad you can't "double like" a post. I tried it on this post, but it doesn't work.  I don't mind a little embellishment on an otherwise true story in the interest of entertainment - or minor omissions to protect anonymity - but that's plenty. If it's fiction (or cobbled together from another source) that's OK too... as long as the person labels it as such. Unfortunately there are folks who get way too much fun from trolling with fiction presented as reality... like beachlover was/is, and a few other prolific storytellers. 

Years ago, I was leafing through underwear on sale in Silom, and I almost got a boner. Instead of suppressing this erotic feeling, I should have developed it. Much cheaper than going to the bars!

I decided I was Gay when I started reading the Men's Underwear section of the SEARS Catalog!!!

Back then I wore Boxers. Then in college my roommate told me I was showing too much.

So on his recommendation I went out and bought Jockey Briefs... Loved how they fit.

Then I went home one class break and my Mother asked, slyly, why I had started wearing briefs.

I just told her I had grown up!!

CHEERS

IMHO forum fakers are nothing more than trolls and should be regarded as such.

Agree with you Vessey. My suspicion is that there are, at least, two fakes on this forum. One of these has been outed while the other case is still pending, at least in my mind.

My latest comment on thighty-whities had to do with GWMinUS's post about his Jockey Briefs. 

Whenever I think of Jockey Briefs I always recall a scene from the American TV series Breaking Bad where the main character, Heisenberg aka Walter White appeared in his tighty-whities. Funny but scary.  By the way Breaking Bad was a great show. 

post-9743-0-91764600-1495410700_thumb.png

My latest comment on thighty-whities had to do with GWMinUS's post about his Jockey Briefs. 

Whenever I think of Jockey Briefs I always recall a scene from the American TV series Breaking Bad where the main character, Heisenberg aka Walter White appeared in his tighty-whities. Funny but scary.  By the way Breaking Bad was a great show. 

What a good show

I do think sglad does have a point, in a way. In his postings he certainly illustrates little evidence of Lee Kwan Yew's mantra or even of any Singapore patois, but then Singapore is just part of a huge continent stretching from Turkey to Japan and the far east of Russia. But he does keeps on about his being from Singapore. Fair enough. I could say Im from Omaha or Bangladesh but I would not write about it, let alone boast about it. LOL

This Board must have many members who visit Singapore, pass through or are planning such a trip. Im sure they would be very interested in hearing of sglad' views on the gay scene there. The Singapore thread here certainly needs some updating, although sglad himself seems to have made just one recent comment re the quality of spoken English in The Philippines -

And from your travels, how widely would you say English is spoken, especially away from the big cities? As in reasonably easy to understand, clear English. My experiences with Filipinos working in Sg is that standards vary widely.

Other members here post a lot about the gay scene in Thailand and elsewhere. How about a post or two to update members on the gay scene in Singapore? Bars? Saunas? Your experiences or even those of your mates there? What apps work best for older guys looking for younger Singaporeans?maybe an update on goings on at the hugely impressive Gat Dot assembly - coming up next month I think? What do younger Singaporeans gays feel about all the government shenanigans over the old British Colonial Law? Will they eventually rebel? There certainly seems to be an air of rebellion around when chatting to guys like taxi drivers and young professionals. I hear complaints about wages and salaries being reduced. How about the mass immigration that has swelled the population vastly? This too seems to be causing a lot of disquiet in the population at large.

Well, if you have to be told you are obviously not Asian.

No, you made an emphatic statement that there is a "distinctly Asian point of view".  I'm curious to know what that is in 2017.  What is this point of view that you insist that 1) all Asians innately have in common and 2) is uniquely Asian and 3) implicitly, because you want to hear it, 3) what is so special about it.

I do think sglad does have a point, in a way. In his postings he certainly illustrates little evidence of Lee Kwan Yew's mantra or even of any Singapore patois,

As opposed to your posts which heavily demonstrate the influence of Winston Churchill or Neville Chamberlain or whoever was prime minister when you were growing up! :lol: It is a law of nature that we all imbibe and spill out the views of our political leadership like unthinking automatons.

There certainly seems to be an air of rebellion around when chatting to guys like taxi drivers and young professionals. I hear complaints about wages and salaries being reduced. How about the mass immigration that has swelled the population vastly? This too seems to be causing a lot of disquiet in the population at large.

There you go, contradicting yourself again.  If we were all regurgitating "LKY's mantras" as you suggest I should be as a "good Singaporean", there would be no complaints, no disquiet and no rebellion.  Hard as it may be to accept, Elizabeth II is on the throne now, not Victoria.  It's time to shake that colonial dust off your shoes and keep up with the times.

Guest McGarty

I do think sglad does have a point, in a way. In his postings he certainly illustrates little evidence of Lee Kwan Yew's mantra or even of any Singapore patois

Oohhhh- an uppity Asian that doesn't know his place, has an opinion and won't be told what to do on command..

What should we do to him?  Put him in tight shorts and make him work at Eros where we can pay him peanuts and feel superior while we secretly laugh at his poor English?

How dare he question our vast superiority- doesn't he know where he is?

How very dare him!

What apps work best for older guys looking for younger Singaporeans?

Why would I know that? And didn't you make another imaginary trip to Singapore recently where you had an "unexpected encounter" with a hot young Singaporean, while your phone was pinging constantly from the gay apps with messages from Singapore hunks desperate to meet you?  You practically had to push them away with your walker!  It would seem to me that you are the expert in this and should be sharing your expertise with others.  Would you like me to rake up that post from SN to refresh your memory?

No, you made an emphatic statement that there is a "distinctly Asian point of view".  I'm curious to know what that is in 2017.  What is this point of view that you insist that 1) all Asians innately have in common and 2) is uniquely Asian and 3) implicitly, because you want to hear it, 3) what is so special about it.

Well, I guess you could look no further than PeterRS's post #209 above.

But I was actually referring to the way the Asian money boys see us farang sex tourists.

When I've been with Western moneyboys - not very much experience here, I might add - I get a distinctly different feeling from them in the way they interact. I can't put my finger on it, so to speak.

Also, I'd like to know how Asian moneyboys feel about having sex with farang as opposed to with fellow Asians.

And how they feel about farang coming specifically to Asia for sex, rather than going to other Western countries.

That's all it was about. Don't read too much into it.

At first I was going to let your reply just go through to the keeper, but then decided I didn't really want to be mis-quoted or have words put into my mouth.

Sglad wrote:

"No, you made an emphatic statement that there is a "distinctly Asian point of view". I'm curious to know what that is in 2017. What is this point of view that you insist that 1) all Asians innately have in common and 2) is uniquely Asian and 3) implicitly, because you want to hear it, 3) what is so special about it."

Actually, I didn't say that at all. No 'emphatic statement " of any kind from me. And I certainly did not suggest there was any universal " distinct Asian point of view" on anything. How could I possibly know that? I'm not Asian.

I said this:

I want to read posts by Asian guys who see things from a distinctly Asian point of view.

Not this :

I want to read posts by Asian guys, who see things from a distinctly Asian point of view.

Note the insertion of the comma in the second sentence. That changes the meaning completely. Only with a comma does my sentence refer to ALL Asians.

So sorry, but you misread my post.

That, therefore, negates your 3 points.

As I said, don't read something into my comments that wasn't there. I was referring to moneyboys - they are the only Asians I interact with on a sex trip.

In fact, they are probable the only Asian guys I would ever refer to on a board dedicated to having sex with Asian guys.

What is the real topic of this thread?

Good Question . Other then some more members are bucking for suspension.  Lets make some effort to keep a thread on Topic.  Otherwise start a New Thread!

Now Locked!