1moRussian

ToyBoys

1 hour ago, Vessey said:

They also did a party for my Birthday - they did a really good job on it for me, and although expensive, certainly not outrageously so, and both I and the boys seemed to enjoy it.

Happy Birthday !

reminds me two Tawan boys few years ago, upon learning that today is my birthday some whispering followed and the both  came with proposal impossible to reject : ' special show in my room"

Whilst it's good to know Toy Boys have reopened, I'd like to know their reasoning for presenting clothed boys.

From my customer perspective, the gogo bar proposition involves paying something between 400 and 2000% of the cost of the drinks in a nearby 7-eleven, in return for lads entertaining us on stage in underwear.    That's acceptable.  

If the lads in gogo bars are wearing clothes, then the bar is competing with host bars, where the drinks are less than half the price & in the better host bars, the boys mingle. 

So, if gogo bars have fully clothed lads on stage, there is no reason to go in.    

I can't imaging the girlie bars are making the same mistake.  In some of them, the staff wear shoes and nothing else.

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

it may be other forces playing i.e. strong suggestion from BiB for example

There is a very strong chance you are correct.   Perhaps the BiB expectations for financial contributions have not been adjusted to match current business levels.   

On 11/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, z909 said:

If the lads in gogo bars are wearing clothes, then the bar is competing with host bars, where the drinks are less than half the price & in the better host bars, the boys mingle. 

So, if gogo bars have fully clothed lads on stage, there is no reason to go in.    

Toy Boys is in Boyztown and I don't recall any host bars in that area where boys mingle with the customers.  BBB does have outdoor seating and the staff there are often outside prior to the show,  if that is what you mean?

4 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Toy Boys is in Boyztown and I don't recall any host bars in that area where boys mingle with the customers.  BBB does have outdoor seating and the staff there are often outside prior to the show,  if that is what you mean?

I don't see myself restricted to Boyztown.     I can walk to Sunee in 10 minutes or take a baht bus to Jomtien in 15 minutes.  Both have host bars.  Sunee has 2/3 of gogo bars, where I would not expect to see boys in trousers.

At host bars, if I remember correctly it's about 90 baht for a drink in a bar staffed with clothed boys.

From memory, Toy Boys wants something like 200~250 baht for a drink.  For watching a good selection of gogo boys in underwear, this is OK.  To watch boys in trousers, it's an uncompetitive product offering, as the offer is comparable with a host bar and the prices are much higher.

I don't like the trend. 

Also, for a novelty, why doesn't one of the host bars innovate by having boys in underwear, or at least some tightly cut shorts ?    Perhaps it has to be the latter if the entire premises are open fronted.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

perhaps boys are complaining that it's too cold

The girlie bars manage it, or so this photo suggests. 

So not only do they have full nudity in some of the girlie gogo bars, they have bikinis in the hostess bars.

Meanwhile, some of the gay gogo bars are downgrading from underwear to trousers, whilst host bars have fully dressed staff.  Some equality is needed :)

bar.JPG

Winner is a good bar.  

However, last time I was in Thailand, anyone rolling up after 9:30 might find the stage empty for most of the time as all the boys decide to take one long break.    I was told that's how it was after the manager has left the premises for the evening.

So it can be best to arrive early. 

If I remember correctly, the off fee is 600 baht up to 10:00 pm and 400 baht after 10:00pm.  The bar seemed popular with people who arrive early, get their entertainment in the bar and mostly leave without a boy.

I would go along with z909 in that if you are looking to off one of the more attractive boys it would be better to get there early, when most of them are in the bar and have not been claimed by other customers either for an off or for in -bar activities. It’s very frustrating to arrive with the intention of offing a certain boy only to find him draped around someone else. This is less likely to happen 8 to 9 pm.