GWMinUS

Love the Philippines

I quite fancy a side trip there.  

Where is a good place to go for a nice combination of sights to see, available boys & being well away from the areas deemed at risk from Islamic terrorism ?  Which I understand are in the South. 

Of late there have been warnings about visiting several areas in the southern islands.

One is the south part of Cebu Island.

But I still think Cebu City is very safe. There have not been any bombings there.

Here is my suggestions.

Go to Cebu City.  There are many malls and discos in CC. I think there are even some Go Go Bars but I have not explored that.

The main Party Area is Mango Square. Crowded with young men and ladyboys. Two main Clubs: Alchology and Juliana.

Check with NIrishGuy also on here. He was just there recently.

Most guys are on PlanetRomeo and looking for Sex, a Date, or a Lover.

Many are available to meet up and would love to go out for a night of fun.

And most are not money boys. Make a Friend!!

Then plan some side trips.

If you want unspoiled white beaches, not taken over by the tourists, go to Bantayan Island and stay in Santa Fe. Take a Pinoy guy with you as there are not any pickup places that I know.

Go to Panglao Island, which is part of Bohol. Plan to stay at Alona Beach. Lots of guys there!! Or you can meet some hotty from Bohol on PlanetRomeo.

Or even take a flight over to Palawan Island. There are direct flights to Puerto Princessa and, now, even to El Nido. Beautiful beaches, ocean, and mountains.

Other places I can recommend are on Mindanao, Cagayan de Oro is very safe (go river rafting) and Camiguan Island off the north coast (swim and go to the hot springs). I even feel Davao City in the far south is safe. But they did have a bombing there this past year.

And of course there is always Boracay Island. Beautiful with the best white beach and lot of FUN FUN FUN in the evening. Easy to meet guys or take one with you. Flights from Manila or Cebu to Catician and a short pump boat ride across to the Island.

OH and I almost forgot the Island of Mindoro. Fly to Manila and take a Van down to Batangas. Then a short pump boat ride over to Puerto Galera. Stay there or go to White Beach. Pick a time of one of the Parties when all the horny guys from Manila come down to Play!!!

INGAT!! or Take care!!

GWNinUS's recommendations above are spot on and are exactly my view on the place too. Follow his tips and you'll not go too far wrong. 

But as he's also mentioned there ARE several "no go" places now in the Ph's so DO check with your own Government advisory websites etc re then issuing any "do not travel" notices - which would of course automatically wipe out ANY insurance cover you would have either for that portion of your trip, or if the insurance company feel like it ( once and after you've made a claim of course ) for your ENTIRE trip, even when outside the Philippines !  So take care re that point.   Not to mention that it's actually probably NOT that safe to be visiting those areas and shit IS happening there so definitely best to avoid perhaps.

Even when there I felt a distinct uneasiness from my Ph hosts in certain areas as they too understood that really it probably wasn't a good idea for me to be hanging around in certain ( quite large areas) for too long. So do check and know what's what and where NOT to spend too much if any time - but "generally speaking" I would agree that Cebu and Davao cities are generally safe - but travelling on outside of those areas, best to follow advice perhaps for now.

Enjoy. 

I keep hearing reports about Manila not being as safe as Bangkok.

Regarding safety, can I just hop on the metro, get off and just walk to whichever gay bar takes my fancy at night ?

If there is any reason to be really doubtful, perhaps I should just try & find a friendly farang to travel around the bars with.

I would like to recommend a trip up North to Bagio.  This city is also known as the PI's summer capital.  It sits up in the hills of the Northern PI, cool, near the old US military base of Camp Hay.  It is a medium size town with one very big college and several small ones.  They do not advertise but their are gay bars, hustlers, and clubs to find at night.  The countryside and the near by  Banaue  area are worth the trip all by themselves.

post-391-0-25218700-1507842802.jpg

I keep hearing reports about Manila not being as safe as Bangkok.

Regarding safety, can I just hop on the metro, get off and just walk to whichever gay bar takes my fancy at night ?

If there is any reason to be really doubtful, perhaps I should just try & find a friendly farang to travel around the bars with.

Word from a friend who visits Manila is to order your boy off of Romeo or other site and don't go out at night in Manila.

Word from a friend who visits Manila is to order your boy off of Romeo or other site and don't go out at night in Manila.

Thanks for the advice. This is probably the safe choice.

However, not visiting any of the gay bars does not satisfy my curiosity.

One or two of the photos on the internet have me interested in the gay bars, particularly the unclothed ones.

I just sent z909 a long message regarding Cebu City.

Not sure I should repost it here...

Personally I do not care for Manila. It is to congested and polluted.

It can take 2 hours in a Taxi to get across the City.

I only went to a Go Go Bar 12 years ago on an early trip to Manila.

Sorry but it was not like the Fantasy seen in the movies...

Seedy, Expensive, STR8 Guys, CRAZY Off Fees and Tips expected.

I have been to Baguio. The countryside is beautiful.

And you have to see the rice fields in the Banaue area.

But it is mainly a Tourist Visit. Plan to spend several days.

From Manila go South to Batangas and take a Pump Boat across the channel to Mindoro.

The place to go is Puerto Galera. Many nice small hotels there. Reasonable rates. Somewhat like Greece.

The beaches are rocky but you can take another boat to White Beach. Short trip and you can have the boat wait for you.

Oh the holidays, White Beach is over run with hot men from Manila. There to ENJOY!!!

Cheers!!

Sure, I do not think z909 will be concerned.

He asked about place to go  and hotel to stay in Cebu City.

He also asked about Go-Go bars. Here my LONG reply...

SURE,

I prefer to stay in the Center of the City, near Osmena Circle. Look on any map and you will see it.

There are several areas nearby and I will try to give some comments and suggest Hotels.

Fuente/Osmena Circle

The biggest hotel in Cebu is the Crown Regency Tower.

Rated 4 Satrs

Rates are about US$50 to $90 but you can get discounts and packages.

Hotel caters to Asian Tourists. Mostly Korean and Chinese.

Lots of tour buses and crowds in the Lobby. But OK up stairs.

Rooms are a bit tired but I heard they are upgrading some rooms.

No problem bringing Guests back to your room.

Just decide is you want to pay from the Buffet Breakfast for one or two.

Cost for an extra person is about $15.

The only other hotel on Fuente Circle is the Summit Circle.

It is on top of the Robinsons Dept Store and Mall.

I have not stayed there but I think rates are about US$50

3 Star

Mango Square

Within walking distance of Osmena Circle is the main Night Life area on Mango Street name Mango Square.

Gay and STR8 Discos and Bars. Many restaurants.

Lots of Gay Guys and Ladyboys.

I know of one hotel directly in the district. It is the St. Mark. Newer and nice, 3 Stars.

Rates I think are about US$35, maybe lower. Books out quickly.

In the same area are a number of smaller hotels. Cebu Century, US$30. Sampaguita Suites, US$20.

I have been told that Casa Rosario Pension House is very good. Rate is about US$30.

N Escario Street

I have stayed many time at the Best Western Plus LEX.

4 Stars and rates for Deluxe King are about US$95. But they have rooms at US$50.

Includes Buffet Breakfast. Very good. I highly recommend it.

Then along Escario going toward the Ayala Center Mall are a number of other 3 Star Hotels.

The Maxwell runs about US$25.

Finally there is the Ayala Center Area.

The Premier Shopping Mall.

Many hotels in this area from US$50 to $100 to $150.

But I find these more Large Business Hotels.

Marriott is there.

But Ayala Center is the best place to go shop, dine, take in a movie.

And the hotels or right next door.

The other big shopping malls are SM Mandaue and SM Seaview.

I have not gone to either.

There is a Radison Blu at SM Mandaue. 5 Stars. US$85 and UP.

But I find this area to far out.

NOW, about Boy Bars.

There are only about 3 or 4 and they are far out in Mandaue, near Lapu Lapu City.

They are the typical Filipino rip-offs. STR8 Guys, Expensive Drinks, and CRAZY Off Fees and Tips expected.

I would avoid them.

Meet some sweet Pinoy guy on PlanetRomeo or Whatsapp. Grinder and LINE are not used much in the Philippines. Most Pinoy guys like to go out with a Caucasian MAN, had a nice dinner, PARTY, maybe do some shopping (CAREFUL IT CAN GET OUT OF CONTROL), and have some FUN in Bed. Many guys are looking for a Relationship and not into One-Night Stands so be clear if you want NSA Fun.

There are Massage Places in Cebu. But they do not provide Happy Endings.

The beaches on Mactan are not the greatest. Most are Man-Made and have rocky coral sand.

If you are there for a week or more, get a hot guy to take you down South to the white sand beaches.

Or better yet, make a trip up to the top of Cebu Island and go to Santa Fe Town on Bantayan Island. Beautiful Beaches and not expensive. Again, Take a guy or two with you!!!

Ask me more if that interests you.

SO ENJOY and BEST OF LUCK

George in the USA

Well, I arrive in Cebu City on November 24 and will be there 1 week.

I am already FULLY BOOKED meeting nice guys I have met on PlanetRomeo.

But I like to spend 2 days or so with someone. And most Filippino guys would rather spend longer!!!

Not sure where we will "go out to". If I make it to Mango, I will send a Report.

GWMinUS thank you for your reports. In January I will be visiting Philippines and the information you have given will be very helpful . In Palawan have you been to El Nido, if yes which one is better to stay for 3 days , El Nido or Puerto Princesa?

I did not make it to El Nido and we only stayed in Puerto Princesa for one night.

So I am not an expert.

We flew to PP from Cebu and then took a V-Hire to Sabang Beach.

I think if you are an Adventurer and a Hiker you will find El Nido more interesting.

View some of the many Videos on You Tube!!

Our one night in PP was FUN. We meet a gay guy there and went to several of the Clubs and Bars.

Much bigger City and more to do. I read there are are some nice beaches in town, but we did not get there.

Now you can fly directly to El Nido from both Manila and Cebu. Much easier to get there!!

ENJOY!!

Sex in the Philippines is not like sex in Thailand...

There are Go-Go Bars but not at all the same.

Hot men but crazy off-fees, like US$100 to $150 for short time.

I understand most are now located up in Quezon City.

Guys on PlanetRomeo are not looking specifically for Pay-To-Play.

They enjoy meeting Caucasian Men. And older ones are very welcome!!

They prefer spending longer time together. But some are looking for NSA Fun!!

Be prepared to offer a One-Nighter taxi fare and shopping money.

I think 1000P (US$20) to 2500P (US$50).

Or maybe just go to dinner and shop at one of the Malls.

HAHAHA Shoes are in demand and Nikes can be expensive!!!

Massage shops are definitely not like in Thailand. Most in Cebu City are legit, Massage and no Happy Endings.

You can get Massage and Sex in your Room on PlanetRomeo. Asking fee is 500P (US$10) for just massage and 1500P (US$30) for sex!!

Hope this helps!!

sex is probably the same , just sex infrastructure is different , no ?

Based on observations from one short trip to the Philippines and the occasional Filipino in Europe, the Filipinos seem much more enthusiastic & passionate than their Thai counterparts.  

Incidentally, I was perfectly happy with what I have been getting in Thailand.

sex is probably the same , just sex infrastructure is different , no ?

Yes vinapu...

It is all in how you can get IT!!

I much prefer the Philippines. 

Guess what is why I now go there rather than Thailand.

But I must say, I miss the Go-Go Bars in Thailand.

Nice to window shop!!!

GWMMinUS, what is your suggestion for a newbie to the Phillipines ?

I plan on going in late January 2019, will fly to Manila ,then what should i do.?

I will hire Mose’ s tour guide for a few days to see Manila , but is it worth it to go to Angeles City ?

Should I book a plane to Cebu ??

Where should I stay in Manila?