GWMinUS

Love the Philippines

Here are some suggestions...

If you go in January, try to get to Cebu City for the Sinulog Festival.

Here are the Dates. January 11 to 20. Big Parade is on January 20.

It is FUN and CRAZY!! Like Mardi Gras in the US.

And the Filipino Guys all come to PARTY!!

Read more on this site.

https://www.hellotravel.com/events/sinulog-festival

But hotels of heavily booked, so plan ahead.

If you go to Manila Mose's Guide will know the places to visit.

I do not see any reason to go up to Angeles City. Nothing there or in Subic.

If you want to see the countryside, go south to Taal and Lake Laguna.

The cheapest flights from Manila to Cebu (actually the Mactan/Cebu International Airport) are on CebuPacific Airlines or AirAsia Philippines. Book ahead for cheaper fares, but be careful. You cannot make changes after booking and buy your Check-in Baggage with your Ticket to avoid high fees later. Philippines Air Lines is the other choice. Generally higher fares but they usually offer 3 Tiers and include some baggage, and you can also buy flexible fares. They are the only choice for Business Class.

NOW I must warn you, the Manila airport (NAIA) is a mess!! Too many passengers and not enough landing slots. Flights from and to there are often delayed by Air Control for 1 hour or more. A ZOO!! There are 3 Terminals and they are spread apart. If possible I would fly in and out of Cebu/Mactan Airport. And then fly up to Manila and back.

In Manila I would stay in Makati. It is the cleanest and safest part of Manila. Also the Business and Shopping center. Many hotels to choose from and many rates. Aslo Condos are a good option there. Take a Meter Taxi from the Airport. Expect 1 hour travel time. There are other options. GRAB is good.

GO AND HAVE FUN!!!

GWMinUSA