Schuft

Getting your new Thai BF to the US

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

in his defence in the face of the "offensive derogatory over-generalizations" he is being accused of.

Actually when I used those words I wasn't particularly thinking of KT.  Just like I wasn't accusing him of racism.  I simply trying to articulate when I go bat-shit at people.  :)

I do think KT can be taken to task for (1) saying "troll" without really a compelling argument for why it has to be true and necessary and (2) saying the members of the forum who might think it's possible OP is not a troll are "idiots."  So KT tells us he has a superpower to see the truth through the internet and the rest of us are "idiots".  His word.  "idiots".  

If he said that in his experience it takes more spade work to make a go if it, etc., that would be one thing.  But he didn't.  

So to me it seems you are defending the post he didn't actually make.  

The post he actually did make, maybe harder to defend.

I may be naive but I do not look for evidence of posters being trolls and I don't know what would lead anyone to brand Schuft as a troll.

To get back to the subject.

When we are still working in our western countries unless you have a specific kind of job, usually IT based, it is difficult if not impossible to spend more than two weeks at a time in Thailand on holiday.

In my own case after spending, in total, less than three months together in Thailand during my holidays, my partner and I made the decision we could have a future together. However it was important we confirmed we could live together in other than two week bursts and he could understand my culture and non holiday way of life.

We did this by getting him a UK tourist visa and him coming initially for four months, it was only after this that we moved on to a UK Civil Partnership. I don't know if Schuft could do this to get him into the US initially on an extended visit.

I had my own disappointing experience recently trying to get my partner a US visitor visa to make a two week trip to visit my daughter and her family (she is a naturalised US citizen) - He had had four UK visas and two Schengen visas, we were in a UK Civil Partnership since 2011, I could demonstrate I could pay his costs and he was refused a visa.

14 hours ago, PeterRS said:

He also took his partner on a visit to his home in the USA so the young man could get used to the living environment. Only after all that did he feel confident enough that his Thai partner would be happy to settle in a totally alien country.

I'm confused....the OP seems clueless about the visa process (Has anyone gotten their Thai BF into the states, maybe on a K4 visa or anything?  Reading about it on the .gov website, seems almost impossible. I would like to marry my thai BF in the US.)
then nearly 3 yrs later this (  I have started the K1 visa app,)

If he'd been to the USA, he would have a 10 yrs visa....they could get married in USA and do a change of status there.

.....did I miss a page somewhere?

15 minutes ago, floridarob said:

I'm confused....the OP seems clueless about the visa process (Has anyone gotten their Thai BF into the states, maybe on a K4 visa or anything?  Reading about it on the .gov website, seems almost impossible. I would like to marry my thai BF in the US.)
then nearly 3 yrs later this (  I have started the K1 visa app,)

If he'd been to the USA, he would have a 10 yrs visa....they could get married in USA and do a change of status there.

.....did I miss a page somewhere?

There is a 3 year gap in the thread.  So maybe with that in mind we don't have to conclude that the OP is clueless.  All he's saying - now - is that after three years his partner (and he) is (are) going to apply for a K-1 visa.  

I don't think the OP ever said his partner has been to the U.S., so I just don't understand the issue about a 10 year visa.  Just seems to be off-point.  

I think all he said was after three years they have decided to get married and will try for a K-1 visa.  As a first visa for his partner.  

These days it is quite difficult to get a visa to the U.S.  K-1 is an option.  

I most certainly do know someone --a former working guy -- and his partner (now husband) who successfully got a K-1 visa to the U.S. and then got married in the U.S.  It happens.  Not saying it's easy.  But it can be done.  I also know other former working guys who have run the gauntlet and are in the U.S. on visas.  

Sorry for the rukus I caused.  I'm not a Troll, 3 years ago I may have been a little un-educated.  I meant K1 visa when I typed K4 visa, My Fiance has never been to the USA, everything I have read says that's it near impossible for Thais to get a tourist Visa, since we are romantically involved I wasnt going to try to get a Tourist visa for him just in case.  What DivineMadMan said in the post above is what I was trying to get across.  I took someones advise on this board and waited to get to know him before I pursued the K1 route.  That time has come.  Why KhorTose  or anyone thinks I'm trolling is beyond me.   To be honest I wish I could chat with KhorTose about what he and his went thru to get the K1 visa approved since he is from the USA.

What DivineMadMan stated in his post before mine is what I was trying to convey, just did a bad job of it.  Thos that think I'm trolling, please tell me why and I will try to answer your suspicions.

I think those who think you are a troll usually had very bad experience with Thai boys at the end almost all relationship ended because money issues most Thai boys are gold deagers and not into genuine relationship with a falang unfortunately most descavered it at early stage but unfortunately some did not and lost substantial amount of money before the relationship eventually colloupsed . I don't think you are a troll and if the relationship between you two will be a success at the US you will belong to a very small percentage of mixed Thai Western relationship that succeed. I wish you all the best and happiness with your Thai partner.

4 hours ago, Boy69 said:

unfortunately most discovered it at early stage but unfortunately some did not and lost substantial amount of money before the relationship eventually collapsed.

That is something that has been on my mind, money.  I'm thinking about a prenuptial agreement to protect my assets that I had pre-marriage "just in case"

8 hours ago, Boy69 said:

I think those who think you are a troll usually had very bad experience with Thai boys at the end almost all relationship ended because money issues most Thai boys are gold deagers and not into genuine relationship 

This is so not my experience. I know at least twenty UK/Thai gay couples whose relationships are enduring and happy.

I don't know one "bad experience with goldigger", but undoubtedly it happens, and perhaps it is more prevalent among those whose relationships never moved outside the Thai borders. That is, where genuine commitments were not made, and where there was a desperation and/or naivety on the part of the farang, who thought that they could buy a husband.

I say forget the pre-nups. Don't you love him so much that you would share your wealth with him anyway?

On 2/29/2020 at 9:35 PM, PeterRS said:

Before he proposed to his Thai partner he returned and actually lived in Thailand for several years during which time they lived together. He also took his partner on a visit to his home in the USA so the young man could get used to the living environment. Only after all that did he feel confident enough that his Thai partner would be happy to settle in a totally alien country.

Divinemadman....this is where I got confused, I thought PeterRS was referring to the OP.....see what sobriety does to me, lol

19 hours ago, Schuft said:

To be honest I wish I could chat with KhorTose about what he and his went thru to get the K1 visa approved since he is from the USA.

Is there anything stopping you sending him a PM if you are seeking advice? Didnt Bob actually suggest this about 3 years ago?