Guest jfarmer035

A Prodigal Son Returns...Sort of

Guest jfarmer035

So my 30-day slap on the wrist ended on June 9th. I happen to think a 30-day suspension was a bit rough for a first time offense, especially over what amounted to little more than a churlish pissing match. But I certainly acknowledge I let the goading of another commenter get to me, and I took it below the belt in retaliation. Hey, we're human.

But when I attempted to log back in, I got a message, "Sorry, your profile deleted from our database. Please contact administrator." I sent a request via the help link but never got any response. I am not sure if this is something that is permanent or can be undone. I would prefer to use my original username, jfarmer017, not least of which because it contains messages and other information I would like to maintain. But if I am forced to start anew under another username, so be it.

Welcome back!

Hopefully you took a good rest from posting and enjoyed the extra free time.

Strange that instead of a temporary suspension your profile was deleted.  It could be that the software of GT does not have previsions to "suspend", but the only way to do it is by deleting the member and then letting him register again.

You jumped the number in your alias from 017 to 035.  Would it be wise to change it by increments of 1 at a time, so that you don't need to go one day to four digits?   :rolleyes:

I had my own encounters here with the Law several times.  I have been warned repeatedly, and someone commented that I am like a cat in its last lives of its nine ones.  Meow...   In a way, the child in me feels a sweet return to infancy. If my little grandchildren knew that their "Oppa" faces discipline in his adult kindergarten, they would hug me even more with empathy... :lol:

Guest jfarmer035

Welcome back!

Thank you.

You jumped the number in your alias from 017 to 035.  Would it be wise to change it by increments of 1 at a time, so that you don't need to go one day to four digits?   :rolleyes:

There's a fairly mundane reason for that. "Jfarmer017" is actually a moniker I created back in high school during the AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) heyday. I was 17 at the time, and it just sort of stuck with me over time, since it's a handle that's nearly always available regardless of the service I'm signing up for. But since I was forced to create a new one for this site, jfarmer035, since I am 35, seems apropos.

There's a fairly mundane reason for that. "Jfarmer017" is actually a moniker I created back in high school during the AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) heyday. I was 17 at the time, and it just sort of stuck with me over time, since it's a handle that's nearly always available regardless of the service I'm signing up for. But since I was forced to create a new one for this site, jfarmer035, since I am 35, seems apropos.

This makes sense.

You must be confident to live past one hundred years, since you used 3 digits instead of 2.

Guest jfarmer035

This makes sense.

You must be confident to live past one hundred years, since you used 3 digits instead of 2.

If I don't, luckily I won't be around to care.