GWMinUS

Trip to Bangkok

Will be visiting Bangkok in November and bring my long time Pinoy guy on his first trip overseas.

Here is hoping there will not be a problem with Philippines Immigration!!

I had one friends, years ago, denied boarding on the flight. Unfortunately I was not there in Manila to plead his case.

This time I will go to the Immigration Window with him and vouch for his trip and promise we will return together to the Phils. I have booked us on the same RT Flights.

Do you think it would help to say he is my Caregiver?? I am 76yo and walk with a cane. Always require a wheelchair to get from the Gate.

Anyway, my guy is very shy!!

But he has gotten so excited to be visiting BKK.

He has already told me he wants to do all the Discos. I guess now DJ Station is the only choice.

And maybe he would enjoy Babylon??

He is 23, slim, and hot!!

Then I also think he might like a Massage at Arena??

I told him he could go Fishing and I would stay at the hotel and sleep...

:sleep:

Will be visiting Bangkok in November and bring my long time Pinoy guy on his first trip overseas.

Here is hoping there will not be a problem with Philippines Immigration!!

I had one friends, years ago, denied boarding on the flight. Unfortunately I was not there in Manila to plead his case.

This time I will go to the Immigration Window with him and vouch for his trip and promise we will return together to the Phils. I have booked us on the same RT Flights.

Do you think it would help to say he is my Caregiver?? I am 76yo and walk with a cane. Always require a wheelchair to get from the Gate.

Anyway, my guy is very shy!!

But he has gotten so excited to be visiting BKK.

He has already told me he wants to do all the Discos. I guess now DJ Station is the only choice.

And maybe he would enjoy Babylon??

He is 23, slim, and hot!!

Then I also think he might like a Massage at Arena??

I told him he could go Fishing and I would stay at the hotel and sleep...

:sleep:

I have a couple of Filipina relatives (women married to my family members) and they don't seem to have any problems traveling within the ASEAN Countries so not sure why your friend did.

...problem with Philippines Immigration!!

Probably not Philippines Immigration, but airline staff.

Vouching and promising won't help in such case, they will ask for some documents.

This bad experience was several years ago, 2013.

I certainly hope things are better now.

And the problem WAS Philippine Immigration, not the Airline.

I was already in BKK and he was flying to meet me from Manila.

I thought I had given him everything he needed. Including a RT Flight ETicket, Hotel Booking, and a Letter that I would be responsible.

I got a phone call from him and he told me the woman at immigration had denied him boarding.

He gave the phone to her and I spoke to her briefly. She just said he could not fly.

He later told me four other passengers were denied boarding, 3 women and 1 other man.

Anyway, the next trip I meet him in Manila for a trip to HKG.

Again the Immigration Office challenged him at the desk.

So I went up and explained everything. And she finally allowed him to go to the plane.

I think after you have traveled overseas one time and returned there is no problem.

It is that first time that is problematic.

Thanks for the comments...

In malaysia, some reasons for denied boarding by immigration was blacklisted due to debt, passport validity is less than 6 month. Some airlines would deny boarding without a return ticket. Other than these common ones, i have no idea why your friend were denied.

Philippine immigration, have read many stories of women being denied permission to board planes by immigration officials. Problem was really bad at the airport on the former Clark air base in Angeles, reasons given were to do with human trafficking laws implemented, apparently one guys wife was denied as she was leaving to meet him and they had to lodge complaints at immigration in Manila.