gerefan

Why do boys wear 2 pairs of underwear?

The boxers over briefs thing baffled me as well. I guess the explanation makes some sense. But in such a hot climate why would anyone want another layer there?

The glasses frames without lenses I can't explain. Maybe they think glasses make them look smart? It's an Asia-wide thing, not just Thailand. Same same the jeans with torn knees. Lots of Korean stars wear those too. I don't get it.

there is a similar thing I have observed for some years now: guys -  any guys, not only Thais, very prevalent in Europe -  are wearing normal underwear under their swim shorts. I totally eludes me why. For one, these swim/surf shorts typically have an inner slip (usually some mesh material) that, well, keeps things in place and from slipping out the leg (which is usually VERY unlikely to begin with given the leg length of most of such shorts). Secondly, normal underwear takes much longer to dry, whereas the swim shorts material is designed to dry pretty fast. 

My guess is it's a fashion thing, too, but I haven't dared to ask any of the guys I see with that LOL

(usually some mesh material) that, well, keeps things in place and from slipping out the leg (which is usually VERY unlikely to begin with given the leg length of most of such shorts).

Mmmm...I could think of a few Issan "friends" who I'd be interested in seeing test that theory!

Oh, and a few Shan boys, too.

I think it was the Rice Queen blog that said it's not the done thing to walk around in underwear, which is pretty much the same in many of our own countries.    However, once they have a second layer on, that's thought of as OK, rather like a pair of shorts. OK even for popping out to the 7-Eleven.

Lots of things make no sense.   Braces for fashion would be another example.

Guest Timelord

It’s very logical why the boy’s wear two pairs of underwear, “Air Con”  ok for us but too cold for the boy’s who’s  main asset goes into hiding….got to keep the little chap warm.  :good:

It’s very logical why the boy’s wear two pairs of underwear, “Air Con”  ok for us but too cold for the boy’s who’s  main asset goes into hiding….got to keep the little chap warm.  :good:

welcome to the forum with very good observation, often I feel sorry for guys  being almost naked with cold air blowing from A/C's

On some Facebook videos all the Thai boyz hang out in their rooms with boxer shorts on but likely have briefs on underneath to protect the family jewels. 

Protect them from what?  Isn't it a known fact that our jewels hang out there so they can be cooler than body temperature?  And it is said that exposing them to cold showers raises the level of testosterone.

Based on this, shouldn't society put away old fashioned modesty rules and let boys at their prime age for reproduction to properly leave their balls free of clothes, hanging like nature planned for them to be?