Guest AkiraC

Is white party more for masculine guys?

Guest AkiraC

Is white party more for masculine or specific kind of gay guys? (As I could only see those mascular guys in their advertisement) and it seems like an event for guys to show off their abs.

White parties were traditional parties on Labor Day, the unofficial end of the summer season, and is related to the old fashion rule that one should not wear white between Labor Day and the following Memorial Day, the unofficial start of the summer season. Circuit parties do have a reputation, in my general experience, for attracting the older gym bunny set. But I'd say the most specific "type" drawn to such parties are those who enjoy (a) heavy drug use, (b) promiscuous sex, and © loud, crowded dance parties. I don't mind (a) and (b) but I loathe © and avoid circuit parties like the plague. 

Sorry for sidetracking, Labor Day means a different day and possibly a different season for non-Americans. :)

Sorry, I had intended to point that out but forgot (you know us American's reputation for ethnocentrism and all ;-) ). In the US and Canada, Labor Day is celebrated on the first Monday of September whereas most countries in the world celebrate it on May 1st. Incidentally, it is my understanding that Thailand is one of the few countries to have no labor day public holiday.

I thought in US that Labor Day was the end of the white season not the beginning.

Yes, that is what I said. It is the unofficial end of the summer vacation season and the last appropriate day to wear white until the following Memorial Day, which is celebrated in the US on the last Monday of May. In other words, it was considered fashionable only to wear white during the summer vacation season, which unofficially began with Memorial Day in May and ended with Labor Day in September. 

Guest Hutchison

I thought in US that Labor Day was the end of the white season not the beginning.

Never wear white shoes after Labor Day.