Boy69

Zing Vs. Agate

Always stayed before at Boyz Town or Sunee complex however on my next trip I want to try Jomtien complex. Is the Zing Resort that bad compare to the Agate as many forum members stated before ? At booking.com pictures I don't see much difference between them and even if I book the delux room at Zing and pay extra 220 BHT for their Buffet breakfast it's still much cheaper than Agate basic room inclusive breakfast.

There is probably no good answer to your question.  Sometimes price is important sometimes location, sometimes ambiance and/or food are attrations or limiting factors.

Zing is a reinvention of another hotel now gone.  I've talked with folks who stayed there and they thought for the price it was a good value.  A tour guide that I've used serval times in and around Thailand has stayed there and strongly suggested that it would be a good fit for me.  He even gave me room numbers to request.  

Forum members I greatly respect are very positive about the Agate which is a really attractive hotel.  I've toured the hotel and liked its look especially the pool area.  Off putting are the overnight tour groups that come and go with great frequency.

Other nearby options are The Venue and The Poseidon.  My last three trips, I've stayed at Poseidon where the customer service from the staff is outstanding and the restaurant is top grade.  Prior to that I stayed at BB Inn on the beach with a good restaurant next door..

I've stayed at the Agate recently. No tour groups were there during my visit. It is not a gay hotel but in the friendly category. There are two pools but both are rather small.

In February I stayed at the Poseidon. A tiny indoor pool with a flow of pumped water - a rather novel facility. It appeared to 100% gay.

Of the two I much preferred the Agate

Both of these appeared to be more expensive than Zing.

During my last trip, I stayed at Zing and had dinner at Poseidon, which has really excellent chef.

Zing was OK, with nice pool. 

Negative thing was that you could go to the rooms from the outside, without going to reception, so anyone could come to the door without being noticed.

For my next trip, I'll probably try Agate.

Zing is nasty. I have stayed in guest houses half the price that are far nicer! 

Agate is expensive compared but worth every penny.
Take a room with balcony. 
They all overlook the pool and have a nice table outside where you can sit and enjoy a coffee, read in the morning ect. 

If you get a room from the 304 - 307, 404 - 407, side you will get the late morning sun if that's your thing.  

I have never stayed in the Jomtian area as enjoy some of the bars, beach and restaurants in that area but also very much the fun of Boys town!

So for lots of recent trips I have stayed at Baan Souy which is just between the two areas,  cant relay fault  anything with the place, it is simply a lovely relaxing home away from home, so suggest well worth considering?

Zing is nasty. I have stayed in guest houses half the price that are far nicer!

Agate is expensive compared but worth every penny.

Take a room with balcony.

They all overlook the pool and have a nice table outside where you can sit and enjoy a coffee, read in the morning ect.

If you get a room from the 304 - 307, 404 - 407, side you will get the late morning sun if that's your thing.

Hi Samebb,

Maybe you booked the standard room at Zing? it looks very basic indeed.

I think Zing's delux room looks very nice also I saw very good reviews for their buffet breakfast, Didn't you enjoyed it either?

Hi Samebb,

Maybe you booked the standard room at Zing? it looks very basic indeed.

I think Zing's delux room looks very nice also I saw very good reviews for their buffet breakfast, Didn't you enjoyed it either?

I didn't book the basic room. I don't remember what I did book though. In that instance I didn't book online, I was a walk in so I can't look back online. I do book online now though, through Agoda. 

I can report that the "walk-in" rate at the Agate was 1500 a night for a balcony room, as of last week. Cheaper than Agoda. I know this because myself and a friend decided to extend our stay on said trip to Pattaya. 

Even if you remove the room problems at Zing, which was borderline hell... The screaming Russian kids and families at the pool from 7am, at the time the place being a building site with an industrial compressor outside my room door in the hall.. A combination of things that made for such a horrible 1 night stay that the staff didn't care about at all. I felt ignored and blanked by staff who didn't give 2 shits about their guests. 

With bugs falling out the air conditioner in the nights, the room safe broken and other fixtures in the room broken. A bed that even by Thai standards was like sleeping on concrete... I walked out the following morning, walked next door to the Agate and never looked back. Since that time I have spent over a month staying at the Agate and I am always greeted warming by the excellent staff there. 

Ultimately everyone has their likes and dislikes. Sure, I would love to pay Zing prices for the Agate...

I just find paying that little bit more makes my stay more comfortable. 

Another factor is when I stay at the Agate I am never alone. I boy pretty much stays with me my entire time there. The rooms are more comfortable for multiple people in my opinion.

If you want a place around the same price as the zing but a much higher standard take a look at The Venue. You won't have a pool but you will have nice rooms.

Thanks Samebb but a pool is a must last trip I stayed at the Copa opposite BBB it's a very nice hotel but the lack of breakfast and a pool were annoying Because Jomtien beach is under construction and the ban on vendors to operate their business on Wensdays and Thursdays it was not really an option to go there ,also it's very convenient to eat breakfast at the hotel instead of drag yourself to a restaurant early in the morning.

The closing of the concessions is a stupid decision by the authorities. Laying or sitting on the beach unprotected by the shade provided by the umbrellas is not wise and only appeals to a small minority. Thus on Wednesdays and Thursdays the beaches attract only a very few sun worshippers. This certainly increases the advantage of staying in a hotel with a pool such as the Agate in Jomtien or the Sansuck.

Like all Thais the boys in Pattaya don't like the sun and always try and protect their skin against its rays. Over the years I've sometimes had the pleasure of a boy in small tight speedos sat with me on the beach (normally Dongtan gay beach) or a pool, especially if their skin is a nice golden brown. Although very often the invitation to do this with me involves an extra tip.

Thanks Samebb but a pool is a must last trip I stayed at the Copa opposite BBB it's a very nice hotel but the lack of breakfast and a pool were annoying Because Jomtien beach is under construction and the ban on vendors to operate their business on Wensdays and Thursdays it was not really an option to go there ,also it's very convenient to eat breakfast at the hotel instead of drag yourself to a restaurant early in the morning.

I stay at Copa last Dec and while they did not offer breakfast one could order it to the room from Ambiance across the soi for the same cost or just walk to Ambiance ot New Cafe Royal and they serve breakfasts from 7.15 a.m.

Walking 10 m  is hardly dragging to a restaurant.

By the way New Cafe Royal now offers breakfast for two in  a room price  , good value. I was just there for a week and liked to be soo close , perhaps at times too close  to the action. 

I stay at Copa last Dec and while they did not offer breakfast one could order it to the room from Ambiance across the soi for the same cost or just walk to Ambiance ot New Cafe Royal and they serve breakfasts from 7.15 a.m.

Walking 10 m is hardly dragging to a restaurant.

By the way New Cafe Royal now offers breakfast for two in a room price , good value. I was just there for a week and liked to be soo close , perhaps at times too close to the action.

There is nothing wrong with the Copa and I did eat breakfast or dinner at the New Cafe Royal occasionally but still a lack of a pool is a big drawback.

It was very sad to see the declining of Dongtan beach massive reconstraction,no vendors on Wednesdays and Thursdays, polluted water,lack of boys ,many venues closed opposite the beach and almost no masseures there so nowadays a pool is a must becuse Jomtien beach is not really an option for me.

If you want a place around the same price as the zing but a much higher standard take a look at The Venue. You won't have a pool but you will have nice rooms.

The Venue has a nice pool and even a jacuzzi. Good quality of water in the pool. Very good value for money...stayed there twice .Eye candy in the afternoon when the dancers prepair new shows etc

The Venue has a nice pool and even a jacuzzi. Good quality of water in the pool. Very good value for money...stayed there twice .Eye candy in the afternoon when the dancers prepair new shows etc

The Venue seems very nice boutique hotel but its prices are fifty percent more than the Agate and without inclusive breakfast ,not a great deal apparently.