PeterRS

Singapore Blowing Wind Forum

I find that the Singapore forum blowingwind.io is a well organized and successful one. It has about a million posts and it gets hundreds of new ones each day. It as a section with 50,000 posts called

The Flaming Room - Bad Attitude and Flame Wars will be moved here.

When a thread gets contaminated with insults, these and following posts are moved there, and gays can continue fighting to their hearts content and call each other all sorts of names.

This blowinwind.io forum is used mainly by young and local gays. Young people and those young at heart we don't mind some bitching, as long as we have the option to follow it or not.

Steveboy wrote the above in the now locked Derailing of Threads thread. Unfortunately the comment does need some addition. I agree Bkowing Wind is a much larger site than this one with vastly more contributors. As befits the young age range of most of the posters, a lot of it is boring to the older generation, although it is sometimes interesting to be reminded of those topics which interest the young gay Asians of today.

It does have a very active and often intrusive moderating team, though. Yes, the flaming room helps by removing more controversial posts. But the site's moderators are very active at jumping in to make sure rules are followed. Warnings are common and banning does happen.

site's moderators are very active at jumping in to make sure rules are followed. Warnings are common and banning does happen.

actually I'd prefer if offending posts are removed or trimmed out of offending lines instead of warnings, suspensions and bans of members but realize it a lot of work.

Post starting with ' vinapu , you idiot" may be offensive to me or even some others ( I don't like when people are throwing insults at others they don't even know personally, different thing if they know each other, then it's free for all)  but may contain very valuable information so trimming would do IMHO.

I am one of the regulaf there, way before this forum, and it has a lot of hidden great tips and trip reports inside travellers hut. The problem is that only one thread per country/cities, no specific thread for each of the massage centers etc like we had in gay thailand. So itll take a while to search and find jewels of information hidden inside. Only way to not miss anything is to frequently check new posts and read as it is posted