Guest allan1990

Want a outcall massage: is it worth it?

Guest allan1990

Hi gentlemen

Finally, I long-awaited trip to Asia is coming soon on Thanksgiving week and I'll have one night stopover in Bangkok on Nov 22.

I've been to several gay massage places before but I'm interested in having a masseur delivered to my hotel room this time. I’ve searched a lot but didn't find much useful information.

My hotel is about 10 mins walk to Banana Club and I found on their website that the outcall service starting at 2,500. Is the price for only one hour? Is overnight optional and how much that’s gonna be?

Compared to going to a go-go bar and take a boy back to my hotel, which will be cheaper or you recommend? Thks a lot.

Guest allan1990

Thks guys for your replies. I've never been to a gogo bar in Thailand but I don't mind giving a try. My first experience probably is going to be with Tawan because I always prefer the muscular type. The problem is that I don't live near the boys street, assuming 3,000 tips to the boy and including drink, off fee and cab fares, I'm looking at around 5,000 in total. And that's pretty much my maximum, I absolutely don't wanna pay more than that.

Can anyone please tell me what is the price range for massage outcall if I directly negotiate with the masseur or on the apps? I really have no clue. Is 1,000/hr reasonable? Ideally speaking, I'd like to have a masseur come to my room between 7 - 8 pm and send him away before midnight. But if this is going to be significantly more expensive, then I'll probably try my luck in Tawan.

Forget apps because (as cited) possibility of getting dud on your only night in bkk. Follow solid advice above.

Go to Banana Club and get 1 hour (1700 includes fee and minimum tip) or 1.5 hour (2300 all in).  At least you're pretty much assured of good experience at well-established place.

Then go to Tawan or Twilight, pick a guy and negotiate.  Expect off fee (500-800 range) plus tip of at least 3,000 LT.

I'd totally forget trying to get off-site LT from any massage shop. Cost will be excessive and masseur, who may be fine for 90 minutes, could disappoint longer (if not exhausted).

Guest allan1990

Forget apps because (as cited) possibility of getting dud on your only night in bkk. Follow solid advice above.

Go to Banana Club and get 1 hour (1700 includes fee and minimum tip) or 1.5 hour (2300 all in).  At least you're pretty much assured of good experience at well-established place.

Then go to Tawan or Twilight, pick a guy and negotiate.  Expect off fee (500-800 range) plus tip of at least 3,000 LT.

I'd totally forget trying to get off-site LT from any massage shop. Cost will be excessive and masseur, who may be fine for 90 minutes, could disappoint longer (if not exhausted).

Sounds like a plan. In this case, would it be better that I cancel my hotel and book another one near the bar? I heard that the taxi drivers don’t turn on the meter after midnight and they usually ask for 3 – 4 times as it’s supposed to be! Also, do you pay the tips when you take the boy out or after you’re done? Thks!

if the plan involves a visit to gogo-bar(s), then why wold you want to stay so far away? It would GREATLY add to convenience (and save time, potential hassle with cab drivers, and a little money) to stay in Silom/Surawong area instead. Plenty of hotel choices, too. And massage shops abound, too. If I were you, and if you can cancel the reservation at no cost, then I'd change. Everything in walking distance. 

oh, tip is paid after you're done

...Tawan because I always prefer the muscular type.

Can anyone please tell me what is the price range for massage outcall if I directly negotiate with the masseur or on the apps? I really have no clue. Is 1,000/hr reasonable?

Some people call boys in Tawan muscular, I call them FAT. If you have never been, take a look before you sit down and order.

1000 THB for short time is reasonable. I have several boys from the apps who speak good English and are reliable/punctual, who come to my room for 1000, but I had to go through a lot of disappointments (unreliable, unpunctual, poor in bed) to find these.

The few outcall massages I saw on offer are outrageously expensive compared to in-house. I recommend you go to Banana and have massage there.

Guest allan1990

if the plan involves a visit to gogo-bar(s), then why wold you want to stay so far away? It would GREATLY add to convenience (and save time, potential hassle with cab drivers, and a little money) to stay in Silom/Surawong area instead. Plenty of hotel choices, too. And massage shops abound, too. If I were you, and if you can cancel the reservation at no cost, then I'd change. Everything in walking distance. 

oh, tip is paid after you're done

Yes, the hotel can be canceled for free. I planned to go to Banana and UrbanMale and that's why I booked my hotel in that area. Also my hotel was priced at over $120 USD on booking.com but I found a deal on another website for only $83 and I'm pretty happy about it, but if relocating can bring much more convenience then I guess I'll have to do it lol

Guest allan1990

Some people call boys in Tawan muscular, I call them FAT. If you have never been, take a look before you sit down and order.

1000 THB for short time is reasonable. I have several boys from the apps who speak good English and are reliable/punctual, who come to my room for 1000, but I had to go through a lot of disappointments (unreliable, unpunctual, poor in bed) to find these.

The few outcall massages I saw on offer are outrageously expensive compared to in-house. I recommend you go to Banana and have massage there.

I should've said "bigger guys", muscular/beefy/stocky whatever you call it as long as there is no belly fat I'm ok :)

Well, according to the advice from all of you, I think outcall from massage shops is definitely passed!

Yes, the hotel can be canceled for free. I planned to go to Banana and UrbanMale and that's why I booked my hotel in that area. Also my hotel was priced at over $120 USD on booking.com but I found a deal on another website for only $83 and I'm pretty happy about it, but if relocating can bring much more convenience then I guess I'll have to do it lol

so you wanted to visit BOTH of these massage shops ni your short one night layover, AND take a boy back to the hotel. I'm jealous of your libido/stamina ;)

joking aside, the two shops mentioned are certainly good and all, but note that there is no such thing as THE good massage shop. It ALWAYS boils down to the individual masseur you get (or select). You will never know in advance how good it will be, and even in the supposedly "THE best" shop you may end up with a dud. That dud, on the other hand, may be a star fro someone else or on a different day. They are human after all. Vinapu always emphasizes this point. What I mean by all this is that if it is more convenient for taking a bar boy home to move hotels, then you will still be able to find good massages in that area - just read massage-guru vinapus reports. Arena, Senso, Prince, Bangkok, Bonny, and the countless "legit" (i.e. not full-service) shops in the Silom area. 

Also, if you are especially keen on those two shops, it's also easier to travel there at the reasonable hours they are open rather than have to travel late at night with a bar boy. 

Guest allan1990

so you wanted to visit BOTH of these massage shops ni your short one night layover, AND take a boy back to the hotel. I'm jealous of your libido/stamina ;)

joking aside, the two shops mentioned are certainly good and all, but note that there is no such thing as THE good massage shop. It ALWAYS boils down to the individual masseur you get (or select). You will never know in advance how good it will be, and even in the supposedly "THE best" shop you may end up with a dud. That dud, on the other hand, may be a star fro someone else or on a different day. They are human after all. Vinapu always emphasizes this point. What I mean by all this is that if it is more convenient for taking a bar boy home to move hotels, then you will still be able to find good massages in that area - just read massage-guru vinapus reports. Arena, Senso, Prince, Bangkok, Bonny, and the countless "legit" (i.e. not full-service) shops in the Silom area. 

Also, if you are especially keen on those two shops, it's also easier to travel there at the reasonable hours they are open rather than have to travel late at night with a bar boy. 

Got you, that makes perfect sense :) About the stamina thing, I’m total bottom so I’m expecting to lay down and relax and let them do the heavy lifting hahaha

Yeah I once had very disappointing experience at a massage shop in the Silom area and that’s why I chose to avoid it this time. That masseur was obviously straight and it hurt as hell. I didn’t enjoy at all and he asked for 1500 tip for only 1 hour, which was totally a ripoff, but it was my first time in that kind of place and I was too shy to negotiate.

Anyway, I’ve learned a lot and I really appreciate it. Now I feel one night may be too short, but I’m going to Siem Reap before Bangkok and then leaving for China and Japan, so adding extra days in Bangkok is gonna mess up my whole trip

Anyway, I’ve learned a lot and I really appreciate it. Now I feel one night may be too short, but I’m going to Siem Reap before Bangkok and then leaving for China and Japan, so adding extra days in Bangkok is gonna mess up my whole trip

There is always another visit in the future to follow up on the suggestions...

I would stay as close to Soi Twilight as you can so you are within a short walking distance of MANY establishments.  Then I would go EARLY to one of the more popular bars(get a map beforehand- and consider Hot Male and Dream Boy) and talk to the "mammasan" and tell them EXACTLY what your preference is showing them 100-200 baht tip and ask them to recommend someone.  Imply you plan to return as your hotel is nearby.  Pick your guy and confirm with the help of the "mammasan" that he will do what you wish.  Off you go.

If you are happy with him, then negotiate with him to stay longer,  If not 100% happy, return to same bar and try again. 

I recommend the above approach because 1) you save time and taxi, 2) "mammasans" at better bars CAN sometimes be helpful if you are polite, tip and tell them you want their help, 3) it is more economical to have a barboy back to the room than from most massage shops, 4) if your primary goal is sex over massage I think the bar route is a better use of time, because you will have time to go back to the bar and repeat, and 5) you have a wide selection of bars all next to one another.

Smile and be very polite when you go to the bars.

Let us know how it works out.

Guest allan1990

I would stay as close to Soi Twilight as you can so you are within a short walking distance of MANY establishments.  Then I would go EARLY to one of the more popular bars(get a map beforehand- and consider Hot Male and Dream Boy) and talk to the "mammasan" and tell them EXACTLY what your preference is showing them 100-200 baht tip and ask them to recommend someone.  Imply you plan to return as your hotel is nearby.  Pick your guy and confirm with the help of the "mammasan" that he will do what you wish.  Off you go.

If you are happy with him, then negotiate with him to stay longer,  If not 100% happy, return to same bar and try again. 

I recommend the above approach because 1) you save time and taxi, 2) "mammasans" at better bars CAN sometimes be helpful if you are polite, tip and tell them you want their help, 3) it is more economical to have a barboy back to the room than from most massage shops, 4) if your primary goal is sex over massage I think the bar route is a better use of time, because you will have time to go back to the bar and repeat, and 5) you have a wide selection of bars all next to one another.

Smile and be very polite when you go to the bars.

Let us know how it works out.

Wow... yes sex is definitely my primary goal if I'm going to a bar. Actually, I'm not really into the gay scene and I don't even go to gay bars very often in the US. Especially I’m travelling alone this time, I can imagine that I’ll be uncomfortable and shy, and not to mention being proficient in all the procedures as you described, but I’ll try my best :)

I heard that the taxi drivers don’t turn on the meter after midnight and they usually ask for 3 – 4 times as it’s supposed to be!

I have picked up taxis from Tawan after midnight many times as I normally stay at the hotel about 10 min. taxi ride from Suriwong area.

Some drivers refuse saying your hotel is too far away,15 min. taxi ride? but there are plenty of taxis in the area so you should be able to pick up a meter taxi quite easily. I presume you are offing Tawan guy right?

Show the Tawan guy your hotel card and let him pick up the taxi so taxi driver won’t charge tourist price like 300 Baht.

It costs around 80-120 Baht to Asoke area depends on the route.

Make sure that the hotel won’t charge you joiner fee.

Please remember that bars in Thailand are not anything like what you think of as gay bars.  I am not into the gay scene and do not go into gay bars in the U.S. either.  Trust me, when you go alone into the places in Soi Twilight, you will not be uncomfortable or shy.  Think of it as a shopping trip where all the sexy Thai guys are on display in their shorts and want you to choose them.  If you go early you may be one of only a few customers. You will be shown to a seat facing the stage (all seats do) and the fun begins. No one else will even be looking at you.

It may seem overwhelming and sensory overload (in a good way) at first, but you will immediately catch on and feel like you are in heaven!

Feel free to PM me with any questions as I have been going to Thailand for a long time and felt the same as you on my first trip.

If you are happy with him, then negotiate with him to stay longer, If not 100% happy, return to same bar and try again.

There is a plot hole in this plan. The Op has only one night so he must select a boy who is willing to do over night.

Some beefy muscle guys won’t do long time for some reasons.

In my September visit to Dream Boy, there were only two boys I would call beefy/stocky.

So I strongly recommend Tawan especially he says he is a shy type. Unlike Dreamboy, Tawan guys approach customers freely so it’s easier for a newbie.

Guest allan1990

Please remember that bars in Thailand are not anything like what you think of as gay bars.  I am not into the gay scene and do not go into gay bars in the U.S. either.  Trust me, when you go alone into the places in Soi Twilight, you will not be uncomfortable or shy.  Think of it as a shopping trip where all the sexy Thai guys are on display in their shorts and want you to choose them.  If you go early you may be one of only a few customers. You will be shown to a seat facing the stage (all seats do) and the fun begins. No one else will even be looking at you.

It may seem overwhelming and sensory overload (in a good way) at first, but you will immediately catch on and feel like you are in heaven!

Feel free to PM me with any questions as I have been going to Thailand for a long time and felt the same as you on my first trip.

I just read a recent report complaining about those popular bars in Bangkok. I'm not sure if that's true but it sounds like bars such as Dream Boy and Jupiter don't worry that they have no business so the mamasans care less about your satisfaction?

Thks guys for your replies. I've never been to a gogo bar in Thailand but I don't mind giving a try. My first experience probably is going to be with Tawan because I always prefer the muscular type. The problem is that I don't live near the boys street, assuming 3,000 tips to the boy and including drink, off fee and cab fares, I'm looking at around 5,000 in total. And that's pretty much my maximum, I absolutely don't wanna pay more than that.

Can anyone please tell me what is the price range for massage outcall if I directly negotiate with the masseur or on the apps? I really have no clue. Is 1,000/hr reasonable? Ideally speaking, I'd like to have a masseur come to my room between 7 - 8 pm and send him away before midnight. But if this is going to be significantly more expensive, then I'll probably try my luck in Tawan.

3000 is absolutely doable for LT / long time  / with Tawan boys , just stand your ground when they ask for more  and occasionally be prepared they may not yield down from 3500, drink is 400 , boy drink the same , off fee 500.

( If you really like boy , considering that you are there only for 1 night, you may consider yielding as living with regret is awful thing )

If you positive you want boy to go with you I'd skip boy drink. Don't be shy and at Tawan skip mamasans , talk to boys directly , they may even approach you or wave them down. If you bottom I'd not ask boy  ' are top or bottom" but plainly 'do you go with me ? " , 'long time till  (insert your time), ' do you fuck me ?" ' How much you want ?"

Taxi from Silom to Sukhumvit will be 100-200 max, never had driver asking 3-4 times more, that's urban legend

I agree with all above advising to stay in Silom area.

1000 / hr tip for masseur is perfectly reasonable and no more than 3000 for whole night, just make sure boy is doing long time ,

not all of them do but even those who don't if they like you they may change their mind after getting an approval from wife   (don't laugh,  it happens )

Don't listen to my friend Christian, when comes to things Thai and gay Thailand he is nothing less than walking book but 1 page from this book is missing and that's one about Tawan.

Few of most handsome boys I offed which I proudly introduced to him were instantly labelled ;'' too fat".

Regretfully few boys at Tawan can be labelled as fat but have a seat , order drink and survey scene calmly , not all boys are visible all the time so just look from the door may be misleading. If you find ant fat on #48 Boonthon send me an invoice, recommended, steely muscled and a good kisser.

If you decide still on Sukhumvit area don't forget about MyHero in soi 11

I’m going to Siem Reap before Bangkok 

when there visit Blue Hatha and Barcode massages for your dose of Khmer gymnastics after all those ruins

I can imagine that I’ll be uncomfortable and shy, and not to mention being proficient in all the procedures as you described, but I’ll try my best :)

for first 5 minutes , then you will be wide-eyed but relaxed , don't worry about procedures, just don't let them to order boy or mamasan drink without your blessing and don't be afraid to say no

I just read a recent report complaining about those popular bars in Bangkok. I'm not sure if that's true but it sounds like bars such as Dream Boy and Jupiter don't worry that they have no business so the mamasans care less about your satisfaction?

don't worry about complains from people you don't know, their experience and your may be completely different and enter any bar or massage of your choice without any preconceived notions other that you want a boy  for long time off.

I'm not big on looking for mamasan's help but sometimes they can be useful and helpful. Keep in mind , tip they suggest may be inflated so better talk to boy directly , the same if you have special requests.